Status: In Process

Out Of Time

Chapter 20: It’s never too late!

Chapter 20: It’s never too late!

Lena’s POV

I didn’t know what I was going to say to Chris once I saw him; I have been battling my thoughts the rest of the weekend. Now that it was Monday somehow I am starting to feel nervous of been going to school for the first time in my entire life. How does a girl say to her ex-boyfriend who just told her that he loves her a few days that she might be willing to risk it all to try again but wasn’t yet quite sure?

I felt my heart started beating faster and hard against my chest as Alexi drove her car into the school parking lot and park her car in the usual spot.

“Are you okay?” she asked when she turned the key in the ignition while staring at me.

I nodded my head, “Yep.”

“Are you sure? You know you can’t lie to me, Lena. I am your best friend since third grade.”

“I know…I just don’t know how to say it.”

“Say it.” She said pinching in my arm.

“Ow.” I yelled and rolled my eyes at her.

She rolled them back to me as well that I burst out laughing.

“Chris said something this weekend and I don’t know what to say.” I blurt out honestly after a few seconds of deep silence.

“Oh my god, what did he said?” she asked me curiously as she turned to face me face to face.

“He said…I love you…”I started to said then whisper softly when I said his words.

“What was that?” Alexi said leaning even more closer to me with a smile.

“He said “I love you”.” I blurt as I feel my face heat up at just mentioning the words.

“Aww, are you sure? How did it happen? When did it exactly?” she asked me deadly curiously all at once.

“Okay, slow down, I am sure, I have no idea it was unexpected and last it happened on the when I came home from the hospital after he gave me a present.”

“Aww, he gave you present, how cute?” she said with a tone of one of her romantic moves then added, “Gee, I wish that Jaime was more like that?”

“Oh come on, Jaime is sweet and he is totally into you.” I said knowing that much was truth.

“I know, I’m just teasing you.” She said patting my hand then asked in more calm tone, “What are you going to say to him?”

I shook my head while biting my lower lip, “I don’t know.”

“You still like him, don’t you?” she said teasing me as she pokes me on the side causing me to laugh out loud since I was ticklish.

“Yeah, I do.” I said honestly as I feel my face heating up once more at the image of the moments that I had with Chris. He kisses, his understanding, his support and the way he make me feel safe. “I guess, I never did get over him. Probably I never will too.” I added more truthfully than ever as I move around the angel of my necklaces.

“Hmm, it’s never too late, Lena. I know that Chris and you have something, something special and it won’t away on its own or even if anyone is against it. I truly think that he does have feelings for you.
After all a break up sometimes can let a person know that you have been in love all along.” She said as she reach out and push a bang away from my hair as I thought about what she said. “Besides he was there for you and he even visit you at the hospital and help you with your work and all.”

“I guess I am just afraid to take the chance and found out that I will be hurt again.” I confessed truthfully after I thought about what she said and I feel a tear flow out of my left eye. I reached out quickly and brush it off.

Alexi smile at me then reached toward me and hug me as I hug her back too, “It’s going to be okay, I promise. Just take your time and know that I will always be there for you. Okay.”

I nodded my head.

Then after two minutes later we pulled away and looked at each other then burst out laughing.

“Look at us crying before school.” She said as she clean her own tears away. Then she looked herself in the review mirror then brush it off.

“I’m sorry.” I said feeling guilty for making her cry.

“Oh, don’t worry. It’s fine.” She said then reached out and open the car door as I did too and we both step out of the car.

We walked toward the school together and found our friends on the front steps of the school.

“Hey guys.” Alexi said waving hello to all of them and step in and kiss Jaime on the cheek.

I smile and wave some of the hello’s that Nick, Taylor and Nicole said then I found myself frowning knowing that there was no person here.

“Where is Chris?” I asked, wanting to know.

Nick looked and pointed at the school, “He is inside.”

“Okay.” I said then went to find him.

“Lena…” Nick voice said stopping me and I turned to face him halfway a step up.

“Go easy on him. It wasn’t easy for him, you know.”

I smile at that, “I know.”

He smiles back at me and I continue my way up and into the school building in search for Chris. After searching at the library, the office, his locker and where his period class was I couldn’t find a sign of him. Then it hit me. I walked toward the cafeteria then out to the patio and found him underneath a tree sitting down on a bench with his leg up and one down on the ground reading a book. I smile at the sight of him wearing white clothes once more. He looked like a complete angel send from above. I watched as he took a sip of his orange juice bottle as the wind softly moves his hair.

I walked slowly toward him from the back trying my best to sneak up on him, when I was close enough I smile to myself knowing that it was working. He didn’t even know that I was here. I took the last couple of steps then hug him from the back making him jump.

I burst out laughing as his locked with mine.

“Jesus Christ, Lena. You scare me.” he said still in shock while I was still laughing happily that I did it. My plan worked.

“Well that was the general idea.” I said as I lay my head on his shoulder as I continue to let my arms be around his neck gently.

“Very funny.” He said while rolling his eyes at him which made him look sexy. “Don’t do that again.”

“Aww, but it was fun.”

“Hmm,” he said then looked away from me as he went back and continue to read his book.

I leaned even more close to him completely leaning myself against him from the back. I smile at the scent of his cologne, a scent that I knew that I have missed so much.

“So…why weren’t you with everyone this morning? Why are you all here by yourself?” I asked wanting to know since I expected to see him first out of all the others.

“I wanted to give you some space.” He said truthfully.

I raise my eyebrows in confusion, “Space?”

“Yeah, space.”

“For what?”

“Space to let you think things through.”

“Oh.” I said now in understanding then smile. That was so unlike the Chris I knew; well kind of since he never really did pressure me into anything.

Chris’s POV

I stood quite as I continue to read the book that I was reading earlier that my Creative Writing suggested that I read. But to be honest now that Lena was here, I notice that I keep reading where I left off before she scare me about five times already then there was the problem her been near me which to be honest I didn’t mind at all. But what I said was truth? I wanted to give her some space to think things through about where we were going to be from now on?

Then I notice that my heart started faster against my chest as she slowly reached up with her hand and pass her fingers through my hair gently. Now that I have realized it I kind of miss that too. I miss the sudden unexpected feeling that it came when Lena touched me out of the blue.

“Still reading?” she asked as I picture with her smile showing her dimples.

“No.” I said closing the book and shaking my head.

“I’m sorry.” She said in a guilty tone.

“Don’t be.”

After a few seconds fill with silence that seem like an eternity she said, “I thought about it.”

“Thought about what?” I asked teasing her.

“Chris.” She said pocking me on the sides which I flinch then breathed out. Okay so I kind of forgot that she was good at that too. “I’m been serious here.”

“Okay, tell me.”

“Now I don’t want to.” she said honestly as she lay her head against my right shoulder more
comfortable position.

“Why not?” I blurt out knowing it was my turned and knowing that she have also find a way to turned the tables around.

“Forget it.”

“No.” I said then took a hold of her and move her in a fast move before she could even think in front of me.

She looked at me with wide scary eyes at the sudden movement.

“You are mean?”

“Lena, please…” I said begging her dying to know what she thought about.

“No.” she said shaking her head as she leaned her head against the leg that I had up.

“Pretty please…” I said whispering closely to her which made her smile.

She looked up at me as I stared down at her.

“I’ll give you a chance,” she said in a tone that I knew it was the most god honest to be truthfull.

“Really.” I said smiling happily at that.

Then she raise one hand and added, “But only if we take it slow.”

“However you want it, Lena.” I said as I reached out with my left hand brush away her hair from her face to looked better at her. “I promise. It will be slow and a thousand times meaningful.” I added as she started to smile like the Lena I knew.

“Please be patient with me, Chris. I know it won’t be how we used to be, that it will be different and hopefully better.” She said with still doubt reflecting in her eyes.

I smile at that as I continue to run my fingertips on her hair, “It will be better.”

“Good.” She said blushing then reached out and pinch my right cheek gently.

“Good.” I said pinching her left ear back gently.

“So I was too late in telling you this.” she asked me with shyly expression.

“You are never too late, Lena.”

She smile at that as she continue to stare back at me, I slowly yet hesitating leaned myself toward her and peck her lips with mine gently and sweet then pulled back and laid my head against hers while breathing out and closing my eyes trying to get a picture of this moment of us forever. The moment that Lena had give me a second chance for us to start over.

“It will have never been too late.” A voice inside of me told me knowing that much was truth.

***
Unknown’s POV

I couldn’t believe what my eyes were seeing. Lena and Chris back together again. Not this time. Chris was going to be mine this time and this time it will be forever. I won’t Lena have him again. He was all I have ever wanted and I was going to have no matter the cost.

I close my eyes shutting out the scene before my eyes as I thought about a plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY My first ever 20th chapter on a story :D I think lol. Pleasee pleasee let me know what you think. Till the next update.