Silent Death

Midnight Kisses

After the huge accident, Melanie and Daren come home with a tow truck pulling the car to hear Melanie's mother in turmoil.

"What took you so long!?....Are you out of your minds!?" Tatiana yells at Melanie.

"I got attacked by someone mom!" Melanie yells back as she is infront on Daren. Daren is silent letting Melanie do the talking.

"Don't lie to me Melanie, where were you!?" Tatiana replies unsteadily.

"If you don't believe me, look at the car!!" Melanie points to the front window to where the tow truck brought the car. Tatiana looks out the window pulling back the curtainsad she gasps. She sees the hole in the roof, the scratches on the doors, and the windshield tattered and busted through.

"Oh my god...I'm soo sorry baby girl! I didn't...who did this!?" Tatiana was in awe.

"Well I....." she looks at Daren then back to her mother, "...I didn't see the guys face....he had a um...ski mask on!" Melanie improvised the lie hoping her mom would buy it.

"Ok honey, no big deal...we'll figure out who he is ok?" She hugs her then kisses her on the forehead and heads into the kitchen.

After Tatiana leaves Daren says, "I gotta go hun,...I'm gunna try to tell 'him' otherwise to leave you alone."

"Gotca baby,...and be careful," she says in a whispered tone. Melanie kisses him then pulls away leading him to the door.

"Be safe,...bye boo," Daren says going out the door. Melanie closes the door and heads to her room, hoping Daren would come through.

*Midnight*

Melanie is in her room with a lamp on reading a book about vampires. She flips through it in disgust, trying to detirmine if she should rethink everything she knows about vampires.

"I don't get!" Melanie huffs, "vampires are supposed to be scary and loom creepy, not hot!! Daren is a vampire and I'm not afraid." Her open window blew in a cold wind making her school papers fly off her bed. "Great....." Melanie gets off the bed to pick up her papers. She reaches for one, but doesn't touch paper; he touches a familiar hand.

"Daren...., what are you doing here?" Melanie stands upto hug him, as he stands.

"I came to check on you," Daren says hugging her.

"Aww, but I can take care of myself, you that baby."

"I wanted to beat him here," Daren replies looking towards her balcony window.

"Why?...." she looks at him serious, "he isn't coming here, is he?"

"Wanted to protect you, he thinks I'm out with friends. I don't want him to know I'm here."

"Why hun!?" Melanie's eyes were frantic searching for an explaination in his eyes.

"Cause he'll kill me! I'll be in the closet, and I'll come out once he comes close, ok?"

"Alright,...When is he coming?" Melanie gets no response, seeing him vanish. His eyes were glancing out the closet door. "I guess that means now...." Melanie whispered.

Aaron comes in like lightning through her balcony door. He steps insides and smiles demonically. "You miss me," Aaron says with a grin smudging his face.

"Not really, you attacked me!!" Melanie backs away catiously.

"Oh,...that was a test to see if you were worthy." He snickered bitterly.

"Worthy!?....I'm a prize now!?"

"You're so cute when our angry."

Melanie quickly glances at the closet without giving away Daren's position in her closet. "Listen,.... just come over here and kiss me you fool." Melanie says evenly with her hand shaking slightly.

"Finally you have come to your senses." Aaron turns around to tame his jacket off while Melanie stared into Daren's eyes to tell him to get ready.

"Hurry up,...I'm waiting...." Melanie tries to ease him to her.

"Don't be so rash hun..." Aaron throws himself ontop of her and starts to kiss her. His hands sliding down her sweat pants, slipping them off. Daren comes out of the closet and jumps on Aaron pushing him off of Melanie.

"Get off of her brother!!"

"Ohh, you finally made it. But you're too late." He smiles evily taking a quick glance at Melanie.

"No, you should go," Daren hissed back.

"You have played with the wrong girl for too long Aaron!" Melanie spoke sternly sitting next to Daren.

"I knew you haven't changed..." Aaron snarls at Melanie.

"Well,...who cares! You're stil annoying, barging into my house just so you can rape me!" Melanie shouts slapping him. She had no idea why she did, but it fit.

He grabbed her hand and softly pushes her away ,"I'll deal with you laer whore. Now why didn't I kill you when I had the chance?" Aaron taunted.

"'Cause you're a bastard vampire that can't fight his own battles." Daren insults Aaron mercilessly.

"You'll regret that when you're dead."