Enchanted

Noah

She looked at me with dark eyes, filled with sympathy. “Are you sure you don’t mind going to the Prom with Mia?” She said, straitening my tie. I nodded, even though I minded greatly. I’d much rather be going with Freya, the dark haired beauty in front of me. Freya smiled lightly, the corners of her mouth rising for a second then fall.

I stood back, my shoulder blades pressing into the circle mirrors that were on her bedroom wall. She was wearing a vibrant red dress, which stood out on her pale skin. She was so beautiful. She had invited me round so that we could all go to the Prom together. Me with Mia, and her with fiancé to be. Of course, she didn’t know that Declan was going to propose, that was between me and him.

The bright red flower in her hair was falling out, and I longed to push the hair behind her ear, as if she was mine, but Freya was nobody’s. Freya was her own self, and didn’t need anybody else to live. I merely tagged along.

She had her moments, and acts of kindness, they shone through. She had been my best friend for ten years, and no matter what had happened I had stuck with her through it all. She knew me inside out, every secret, and every fault.

Declan was at the door, Freya’s parents were calling, and in a blur of prom dress silk and last hair checks, we made it out of the door and into the American cab, our form of prom transport.

We drove down the dimly lit streets, and I rested my head against the window moodily. I felt a cold hand on my arm, and looked down. Freya’s milky hand was against my tanned arm. I looked up to her eyes, those forest green eyes, with framing eyelashes, and knew I had to get out, walk to Mia’s door, and not look at Freya for the rest of the night. This was going to be tough.

I opened the door, and tumbled ungracefully out, and walked up to Mia’s path. Mia was apparently totally in love with me, and had practically passed out when I asked her to prom.
She was at the opened door, kissing her father’s cheek, in a long, blue meringue, with her fake spirals and plastic tiara. She had gone for traditional crazy prom girl. I extended my hand, absentmindedly worrying if we were going to fit myself, Freya and Declan and Mia and dress, all in that cab, and honestly I highly doubted it.

She walked down the path in heels, sounding like a teacher. The height of the heels didn’t help her really; she was one of the shortest girls in our year.

I opened up the door for her, and Freya moved her long legs out of the way for the dress, looking almost afraid of it, as if the dress would bite her. Strange. She had to move up so much for Mia’s dress that she was practically sitting on Declan’s lap.

I contained my jealousy and smiled at Mia. She smiled back, showing her whitened teeth. We arrived at the school hall, all my mates were grinning at me, obviously thinking that I’d gotten over my apparent ‘crush’ on Freya. Assumptions, my dear friends.

Mia tugged at my hand, pulling me towards the dimly lit dance floor, which was really the gym. I sighed, and composed my face, walking over to the dance floor with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah:3
it's taken forever, and I swear Sian's been nagging me to the moon and back! :'D
it's the first chapter, and by me, so not amazing, sorry :')
over to Sian!<3