Enchanted

Freya

I stepped into the giant hall where I would be spending the next few hours of my life. Forcing a smile, I moved further into the room, mumbling 'hi' when needed, before my boyfriend stopped me dead in the middle of the dance floor. The theme for this year's prom was Traditional, meaning all the girls were in giant ball gowns and had their hair perfectly curled and placed prettily on their heads. Heels were sky high and I tried my best to hide the fact that I hated this kind of thing. I took a deep breath as Declan pulled me closer to him.

'I love you.' He whispered in my ear, and I kissed his cheek gently.

'I know.' I said, and we began dancing to the slow music. After a couple songs I pulled away, and walked over to the drinks table where Noah was stood.

'Having a good time?' He asked, sipping at the non-alcaholic substance in the red plastic cup he was holding. I nodded, slowly picking up a drink and tasting a little. It was okay, so I had another gulp.

'Feels a bit... forced, though.' I sighed.

'What does?' He asked, turning to face me.

'This. Everything that this is, seems forced. The couples dancing, the people smiling, everything.'

'Well, it's your night, Freya. Go enjoy yourself.' Noah smiled, pushing me lightly back towards Declan. I quickly passed Noah my drink before returning to my boyfriend's side. We danced for three more songs before one of my favourite songs ever came on.

'Dude, it's Love Story. They're playing Love Story!' I yelled at Declan, and jumped a little. Taylor Swift was my favourite singer, and this was definately, in my opinion, one of her best songs. I ran over to where Noah was still stood by the drinks table, awkwardly talking to Mia. He smiled as he saw me, stepping a little closer.

'Hey,' he grinned, and pushed a curl out of my face. I shook my head and placed it behind my ear.

'Dance with me?' I asked, staring dead in his eyes.

'I would, but...'

'But?' I forced him to continue.

'But this song, it's your favourite, you should dance with Declan.' His smile faded.

'Well, I wanna dance with Noah.' I rolled my eyes at him, interlocked my finger's through his and pulled him onto the dancefloor. Our bodies were close as he spun me then pulled me in, slowly spinning me as the song slowed in the middle; then suddenly Declan spun me out away from my best friend and into his arms, before stopping me mid-spin and getting down on one knee, in perfect time with with music.

'Marry me, Juliet.' He sang along, pulling a ring out of his pocket and raising it before me. I blinked a few times, unsure. I glanced across at Noah, who was heading out the door, closely followed by Mia. I shrugged it off, and turned back to Declan.

'I love you,' I mouthed to him, taking the ring and placing it on my finger as he picked me up and spun me around. I got one final glance at Noah, who looked just about ready to cry. But before I could follow, Declan's lips were on mine and nothing else mattered, nothing at all, apart from the fact that I now had the most beautiful fiancé ever. Well, almost.

♥♥♥

The rest of the prom flew by, and Noah didn't return. Mia did towards the end, with mascara smeared all down her face. Noah, you idiot. I sighed in my mind, knowing he'd upset her.

As it ended, all the students piled out of the hall. I spotted Noah just outside sat on a bench under a tree, looking down.

'Ready to go?' Declan smiled, and I released his hand.

'One moment.' I said, walking away, my eyes fixated on Noah. I sat beside him, and pulled him into a hug.

'Congratulations.' He mumbled, hiding his face in his hands. I laughed, pulling them away.

'Seriously, Noah. Man up. Just because things didn't work out with Mia, it doesn't mean you won't get your happy ending. They're possible, just look at me.' I smiled, and he did. And something in his eyes made my smile fade, because the hurt in them made me feel bad. His love life wasn't amazing. Having had only three girlfriends in his whole life, you wouldn't exactly call him a female magnet, despite his gorgeous cute face and amazing personality. I was one of those girlfriends; but it had just never worked out. I don't really know what happened, but somewhere along the lines I realised my worst enemy since pre-school and my best friend since I was seven should be my best friend always, nothing more, nothing less. I knew I was harsh on him sometimes, but he was living in a world of make-believe, a place where fantasies were his realities.

'I think your boyfr - fiancé wants you,' he smiled at me, and I hugged him once more.

'You coming?' I grinned, and he shook his head.

'I'll walk. You go! Have fun.' He winked at me, and I giggled.

'Hush your mouth, Jackson.' I playfully hit him, and he pretended to die.

'Go, Dixon. Before I decide to come with.'

'Okay. I'll text you tomorrow. Bye, Noah.' I waved, and turned to walk away. And somewhere in that process, I managed to forget about marrying Declan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so, I tried my best to make this chapter good :') I hope it's not too bad!

Ooh, and maybe hit the comment&subscribe buttons at the top? We have virtual cookies! ;D

Izzy's turn <3