Enchanted

Noah

I woke up in a better mood, after one of the most hilarious nights of my life; Declan in Speedo shorts. Not because the fact he was in Speedo shorts, because I don’t really think that me and Declan would be the best mix, I mean I’m in love with the guy’s fiancé. It wouldn’t work really, but because the fact he wandered into my house. Mine. Weird.
I stepped out of the shower, which was the second shower of the day technically. It was a Sunday, and I hated Sundays. They used to be perfect, Freya and I would chill at mine, do homework and just watch films, do the normal friendly stuff. All casual. Never any chick flicks, couldn’t stand them. Have a good laugh and a moan, and just be ourselves.

I never thought she was one for the mushy type of things. She always got straight to the point and that changed when she met Declan. She worked hard and there was never any time in her life for any romance or love, Freya on her path to happiness.

When I was presentable to the world, I walked across to Freya’s house. Her house was the same as mine, with ivy twining up the side, bay windows and a huge garden. The exact same interior. I walked over the gravel of the drive, bending over to pick up a windblown plant pot that’d toppled over and spilt dirt everywhere, and continued to the door, giving three sharp raps.

I heard a load of commotion, keys being hit against doors and people running up and down stairs in attempt to look decent, and then Freya’s head popped around the door, her eyes wide and tired, surprised to see me arisen this early in the morning. She smiled a small smile for a small second, and attempted to the door wide, forgetting the chain was still attached to the wall and door. The door sprung back and hit her hard in the head.
The door slammed shut as she pulled back, and I laughed loudly, lowering my head against the door frame. She did this all the time. She opened the door, her eyes solemn and serious but her mouth smiling at her stupidity. She opened the door wide with a sheepish smile and I laughed silently, walking through the halls.

“Where’s Declan?” I asked, as I popped my head around the corner of the living room and kitchen. I walked to the fridge, re-arranging the magnetic words and reading the little notes.
“Oh, he left about half an hour ago, I was going to catch up on my sleep.” She said, yawning. I nodded and ran upstairs to her airing cupboard and grabbed toasty warm blankets. She’ll love me for this. I ran back down the stairs, and joined Freya on the sofa. She occupied almost an entire three seat sofa and I have to beg her to move her legs. She sighs and settled for having her legs on my lap, with her blankets covering her.

“After all that moving I don’t want to sleep anymore” She laughed at the fail and I got up, turning on the DVD player. Just like old times. I selected the first horror movie I could find and slotted it in. The film started and in the first 7 minutes around 50 people had been murdered and there was room for more.

“Declan hesitated last night” She whispered against her blanket, the material muffling her voice even more.

“Hesitated with what?” I asked.

“Saying he loves me. It took him a second, and he only said ‘Love you too’. It’s not the same is it? Without the I. It’s like they can’t be bothered and are just copying what you say to please you. Is this me just being over sensitive? I think it is. I think you should ignore everything I’m saying and just continue watching this gore filled heaven” She rambled, barely breathing.
I laughed at her ramble, and shake my head softly.

“You’re not over reacting, I don’t think. You’re engaged, I thought it was supposed to be all rainbows and unicorns for the rest of your life, right?” I suggested.
“I’m not sure. I hope so.” She said, smiling at the thought of happiness with Declan for her life.

Something sank inside of me, the thought that every lovely thing she wanted to do with Declan would be with Declan, and not with me. Every moment, the wedding, moving in, university, all these major life obstacles she would defiantly be doing with him. Not me. I’m not guaranteed.
I shook my head to erase the thought and just patted her head softly. She deserves to be happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey. it's been months and I'm sorry because this is minuscule but it's still something, enjoy:3