Status: Active

I Must Be Dreaming

Working on Gabe and Fan-mail

Current City: Niagara Falls- NY, City Nickname : Cataract City

I was at the airport getting ready to go back home. I was half asleep too, nothing is funnier than trying to get through airport security when you're half asleep. Anyway, I got my half asleep self onto the plane with Jackie's help. I got on the plane and found my seat, shortly after I was asleep.

Current City : Worcester- Mass, City Nickname : The City of the Seven Hills
Also known as home.

Zack, Jack, Rian and Alex (plus Cobra Starship, Panic! and their girlfriends along with The Maine) had finally talked me into going home. I was a bit behind on my writing but I loved spending time with the guys on tour. They said they'd crash at my place for a day once tour was over. I was excited about that, I was attached to Jack. It was like loosing a limb being away from him. Alex is my brother, I see him too much I don't care to see him anymore.

Kenny and me had been tweeting and IMing for awhile as I got a taxi ride home. I was so freaking excited once the car stopped. I got all my luggage out and carted it up to my house. It wasn't super big, just normal. 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, I was weird I didn't like 1/2 baths where there was no shower. It was too weird.

I put my suitcases in my room and instantly went to my cave (Alex calls it the dungeon). It was my space where I could write. Granted it did look a bit weird case I had movie posters everywhere, and some strange furniture but I could think and listen to the voices in my head.

Once I had my story up, I went to work on it. I thought of Gabe and worked on what his character was like, then I worked more on what his love interest was like. I had to make some adjustments because I didn't like the last two chapters I'd written. They didn't really flow right with me. I wrote until my fingers began to hurt, then I took a break for a moment. I glanced over at the clock and it said 4am. I blinked a few times and it stayed the same, big red numbers saying 4am.

I got up and stretched, saved my file and turned out my light. I would answer my messages later. I was too tired right now.

[Next Day]

I got up after a good night/day sleep and stretched. I showered and ate some cereal before going to check my mail. Yes I actually got snail mail occasionally, scary I know. I was pulling out the mail when the post man drove up and got out. I waited for a moment and he came around the truck with a box. I blinked a few times and looked at him like 'what is that?'

"This is addressed to one Remi Pyne. There was about 50 letters one day so we started putting them in a box. You were tweeted about being back home today, so we were hoping to catch you outside to give this to you" he said.

"That is for me? What is it?" I asked.

"Fan mail, and a lot of it. I think we put about 400 letters in there for you" he said. My jaw hit the ground, 400 letters?!

I held my arms out and he gave me the box. "What happened while I was gone?" I asked.

"No idea, your first novel made it too #4 on the NY Best Seller List last week. Apparently you are becoming famous. Congrats, now don't forget about us poor folk when you get all famous and shit" he said.

"Paul, I wouldn't forget about you. You guys keep me sane, and don't mind that voices talk to me" I said smiling.

"Well, I'd love to stay and chat but I got to deliver more mail. You have fun with all that" he said before leaving.

I was still in shock, I had a bunch of fan mail now. I let it all sink in and I jumped for joy. I was getting noticed! I had to call Demi, when I got inside. Putting the box down in my office I turned it on and went to my email, twitter, facebook, and my blog. I was behind, I felt bad. My loyal fans had commented and I hadn't been on in a few days(....okay fine It's been about 2 months) to see their replies. I got a message on twitter from Gabe

I shifted through my emails sort out what needed my immediate attention and what didn't. My phone rang and I put it on speaker phone. "Bonjour Demi, comment êtes-vous? J'ai le tri dans mon e-mail dès maintenant. Juste une seconde s'il vous plaît" I said whiling working through 38 unread messages.(Hello Demi, how are you? I've sorting through my email right now. Just one second please.)

"Bon, j'ai d'excellentes nouvelles pour vous lorsque vous avez terminé" she said. (Alright, I have exciting news for you when you are done). I smiled and put the last few in the correct spots.

"Je suis fini de trier à travers elle, ce sont les nouvelles excitantes? J'ai quelques aussi!" I said glancing over at my phone. (I finished sorting through it, it's the exciting news? I have some too!)

"As of yesterday, you're on the NY best seller list" she said excitedly.

"Yeah, #4. Paul just told me" I said picking up the phone. It was exciting to be on the best sellers list, I normally made it to number 10 but never past that.

"Oh no Remi, I'm sending the no yet posted list now" she said. There was some clicking and then the message appeared in my inbox.

I dropped the phone on my desk and just stared. I stared in disbelief. "Is this for real?" I asked her.

"Yep" she said.

"Holy cows. I really made #1 and #2 on the NY Best Seller List?" I said.

"Oh yes, congrats Remi" she said proudly. "And we are going to start selling books in England. Maybe France or Australia next but England is a defiant"

"I'll be there in about 2 minutes" Demi said.

"Okay" I said grabbing some water and took a few sips drinking slowly. I was still in shock when Demi came into my office.

"Hey Rems, you okay?" she asked.

I looked at her and I felt some tears fall down my face. "Oh Remi, its gonna be alright" she said hugging me. I cried for a few moments before I wiped them away.

"I got fan mail" I said after I calmed down.

"All that?" she asked looking at the box.

"Yep, Paul and the boys packed it up for me" I said. Demi glanced through some of it and smiled. "What?" I asked.

"You and your strange obsessions. Some one made you fan art" she said.

I looked at it and it was really sweet. A fan drew me and my characters all playing poker at a table. Tobin and I had the most poker chips in front of us. I smiled and leaned it against my shelve on my desk. I'd find some where to hang it later. It made sense if you read the book. Poker was a horrible thing, I'm no good at.

"First we need another person, you can't really sort through this but my buddies can" Demi said.

"Good, so I'll type up my dedications for my next book sometime today. You want them in email?" I asked.

Demi nodded while she was on the phone to someone. I answered my tweets, and posts on facebook before writing a blog about thanking my fans for getting me on the NY List as #1. Then I replied to my emails, most were from family, wanting to know how I was. I replied to those fairly quickly and replied to the other important emails. That seemed to take forever. There was a knock on my door and I jumped up to answer it. Demi was sorting through mail putting it into different piles.

I opened the door and there were two females. One was a brunette about 5'6" and the other was a blond about 5'8". "hello" I said confused.

"I'm Thing 1 and that is thing 2" the brunette said. I started laughing and the brunette did too. "But seriously, Demi called us and asked us to help. I'm Stella and this is Ashley, we're normally referred to as 'twins get your asses in here now' or Shelley" Stella said.

"Understood, I'm Remi. Nice to meet you" I said offering them my hand. We shook hands and smiled.

"We're Demi's nieces. Her brother's kids, there are 7 of us. 2 sets of twins and 3 singles" Ashley said as she walked in.

Wow, that is a lot of kids. "Demi was in my office last time I looked, I'll lead you there" I said smiling. I lead them to the office and Demi hugged them both.

"Remi can't read any sample chapters or stuff that isn't published. Fan mail is good, and gift are good also. I have it somewhat sorted. Now we just have to go through all this stuff" she said.

They both nodded and began to sort through the mail. I looked over at Demi and she said "I employ them, when I am buried under work. They work cheap, food, books and the occasional help for editing essays"

I shook my head smiling before putting in a ear bud and writing some more. I had just finished ch17, when my phone rang. I paused my music and answered it.

"Hello Good Looking" I said.

"Hello to you too, Remi. How are you?" Kennedy asked.

"I have piles of fan mail, what about you?" I asked.

"I'm good, our tour it almost over. Sad, but I really want a break from it. I would kill to have some decent food" he said.

"Well, I'm an okay cook. You could stop by my place after tour, nothing really going on beside me writing and answering fans' questions" I said hopefully. I missed him, a bit more than I missed Jack. I'm gonna stop lying to myself, I missed Kenny a whole hell of a lot. He was just really nice to be around, he was a bit shy but he didn't crack a dick joke every two seconds. It was nice to have a normal conversation with someone who wasn't in the band or someone editing my books.

"I would like that, thank you" he said.

"Your Welcome, I hope John Ohh is killing you" I teased.

"No but I might kill him, if he doesn't shut up about Grace" Kenny joked.

"It would be a sad day if that happened" I said.

"Very sad, so I actually found your blog this morning and Congrats. I would love to hug you but I'm far away, so I'll send photos of me hugging the air. Just imagine yourself in my arms" he said.

"I will, that was a romantic thing to say by the way"

"Yes, I'm not great at romance but I'm working on it. John and Pat bought your books too. So now we are all reading the first 3" he said.

"Thanks, they are good I guess. I don't know how to rate myself as an author" I blushed some. I knew people read them but Kenny reading them made me feel giddy for some reason.

"Your Welcome, I'd love to talk more but I can't. I'm getting things chunked at me because I'm hogging the phone"

"I lo--I'll talk to you later" I said hoping he didn't catch me about to say the 'L' word. I've been on one date with him but it was a great date. I felt connected to him, like magnets.

"Bye Rem, I'll talk to you later" he said before hanging up.

"You almost said it! I heard it!" Demi said playfully punching my arm.

"I do...no I don't know anymore. I really like him. We went on 1 date but I just feel drawn to him. Just like my stories I write, where they just seem drawn to each other. Even if they barely know each other" I said before laying my head against the desk. I really wanted to hit the desk with my head a couple of times.

"Maybe you two are meant to be together, you never know until you are together long than what 2 hours?" Demi asked.

"I think it was about that long. But what if he doesn't like me, what if I'm just some girl to pass the time with or something?" I asked.

"I'll have one of the twins look him up for you. They will be able to see if he is dating anyone, and all that stuff" Demi said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really, now these are for you" she said handing me a stack of letters packages.

"Wow, this is a lot" I said.

"Yes it is, the twins are still looking through to see what you can and can't have"

"Makes me think of candy on Halloween, Mom and Dad would pour out all the candy onto the table and pick through to see what there was before Alex and I actually got candy" I said opening a package.

I poured through all the fan mail and answered a few of them, I had a bunch of fan art. Apparently I had more fans than I thought, they must have been shy fans. I took photos of all the fan art and put them in my gallery on my blog. I really loved the fan art, all of it was amazing.

"Remi, you want something to eat?" Demi called.

"Yes, please" I called back to her as I finished up another letter to a fan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Plane ride
Remi's work outfit

It's been awhile I know, I'm proud of myself I was able to finish this in about 2 hours. I was doing some research for authors. The info may not be correct to the dot but I found out some basics. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them. I'm not a famous author so I'm not really sure what they can and can't read. I'm going off of what I found.

I hope you readers loved it. Comment, subscribe and let me hear your thoughts on it. I love all the comments I've gotten so far!