‹ Prequel: Infinite Love

Undying Love

Getting Ready

I woke up the next morning with the girls snuggled in between Kristine and myself. I kissed their foreheads and looked at the alarm clock. I groaned and gently got out of bed. I put my pillows where I had been in case the girls rolled over. I went downstairs and left the doors locked. I started getting everything together for the barbeque.
Kristine and I had worked out the menu last night. We were cooking things that did not interfere with any of the allergies in Kristine’s family and we were also cooking things healthy for Kristine and the baby. With the twins and Tony just now eating adult food we were just going to give them cereal. I seasoned the burgers and steaks as I yawned. I put them in the refrigerator and then went upstairs to take a shower. I checked up on the girls and made sure the twins hadn’t moved the pillows at all before going into the bathroom. I showered quickly so there would still be hot water left for Kristine. I went over to the closet and got dressed before going over to the bed and gently stroked Kristine’s hair. I kissed her forehead, “Hey, baby, you should get up and take a shower so we can get the girls ready before your family gets here.” She groaned and nodded.
“Can you take the girls and give them breakfast?”
“Yeah, be careful and holler if you need me.” I said and picked Ella up making sure I had a good grip on her before picking up Amara. I carried them downstairs and I kissed their foreheads. I laid Amara down and slowly woke Ella up. As she woke up I picked Amara up and repeated the process. “Good morning, baby girls. Are you hungry? Yeah.” I carried them into the kitchen and set them in their high chairs. I pulled their cereal and some vegetables out of the cupboard. I quickly mixed them together and started feeding them. Kristine came down and helped me finish before we took them upstairs to give them a bath. We dressed them and I quickly set up the play pen and set them down in it to play. We went back into the kitchen and kept cooking dinner.
We’d been cooking for about a half hour when the doorbell rang. I went to answer the door and let Ryan, Amber, and Kylie in.
“Hey, guys, welcome. Please come on in. Kylie the girls are in living room if you want to go play with them.”
“Okay, uncle Mikal.” She smiled and ran off in the direction I was pointing.
“Where’s Kris?” Ryan asked
“Kitchen.” I answered leading the way. “What can I get you guys to drink?”
“Just water please.” Amber responded.
“Ryan! Amber!” Kristine exclaimed and ran over to hug them.
“K.” I scolded and she looked at me. “You need to relax and not over exert yourself.” The doorbell rang again and I went to answer it again. “Hey everyone, come on in. Hi Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell you can put Tony in the playpen with the girls if you like.”
“Yes, please. That way he is out of trouble.” She laughed. I pointed her in the right direction. I led everyone else into the backyard. They all hugged Kristine and she got them all drinks. Mrs. Mitchell came back in, “You might want to lay the girls down in their beds because they fell asleep and I’m afraid Tony will wake them up.” I chuckled and everyone laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, there probably won't be any more updates until next weekend, even if you do comment. I only have a month of school left so I have to start studying for finals. Although I will respond to your comments. Comments do make me update more and if I do get comments I will put up 2 chapters because of my not being able to update during the week.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing:)

~Rach