‹ Prequel: Infinite Love

Undying Love

News

Mikal’s P.O.V.

I drove quickly toward the hospital. We parked and I quickly got the girls out of their car seats, pulling the stroller out of the trunk. I placed them in and then headed for the waiting room. I walked in and Ryan and K’s parents came over to hug the girls.
“Has there been any news?”
“No, not yet, all the receptionist would tell us was that she was in her room and that the doctor was done examining her.” Ryan answered. I nodded and sat down. Amara whimpered and I looked up. She reached for me and I took her into my arms. She curled into my chest and I held her tightly. We sat there for a while and when I eventually looked down at Amara she had fallen asleep.
“Mr. Evans.” I stood up still cradling Amara to me. I walked over to the doctor.
“How’s Kristine?”
“She is okay. She has some complications with her pregnancy. We believe she has experienced Vanishing Twin Syndrome. We are not one hundred percent sure because she has not had any ultrasounds but all the signs are there. She was experiencing pelvic pain, uterine cramps, as well as some minimal bleeding. She was probably told that it was normal because some women do experience bleeding.” He explained.
“She’ll be okay, then?”
“She should be, but I want her on bed rest for about a month. After that month she should take it easy. No more heavy lifting, including that little girl.” He nodded to Amara. “Please do not put any stress on her. It is not healthy. I am only doing this as a precaution. It is better that she try to get as much rest as possible.”
“Understood, can I see her?”
“Yes, but only one person at a time. Before you ask that does not include your daughters. They can go in with you.”
“Thank you.” I walked away and told everyone. Ryan put Ella in the stroller and I pushed the stroller to Kristine’s room, still holding Amara.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like I'm on a role. My second chapter today although it took me yesterday and most of today to write the first chapter. I have no school tomorrow and obviously not Saturday and Sunday. By the way Vanishing Twin Syndrome is a real thing I had to look something up:)

Thank you for Reading, Commenting, and Subscribing:)

~Rach