‹ Prequel: Infinite Love

Undying Love

Kristine

Mikal’s P.O.V.

I walked into the room with the girls. She was lying in her bed sleeping. I sighed and sat down in the chair by her bed. I took her hand gently in my free one. I still held Amara sleeping in my arm. “Kristine?” I whispered. She moaned and turned toward me.
“Mikal?”
“Hey, babe, how are you feeling?”
“A little better, I’m not in pain anymore. What was wrong with me, Mikal?”
I sighed and looked at her. “You were pregnant with twins.” I said quietly. “What happened was that when one of the twins died it disappeared, they call it Vanishing Twin Syndrome.”
She started hyperventilating. “One of my babies died?” I nodded and stood up, holding her carefully so that I didn’t squish Amara.
“Honey you’re okay. You need to calm down. It’s okay, I promise you, and everything is going to be alright.”
“No, it’s not. I killed one of my babies. Mikal, I killed one of my babies.”
“No. Kristine, no you didn’t. There was nothing you could do. There was something wrong that you couldn’t control. There was nothing any of us could do. There was nothing a doctor could do.” I held her tightly, trying to calm her down. I rocked us back and forth, shushing her. “It’s going to be okay.” I kissed the top of her head. “I’m going to give the girls to your parents, and I’ll be back as soon as I can.” She nodded and I quickly walked out.
Her parents stood up. “Can we go in to see her?”
“She’s freaking out. I’m going to calm her down and then you can go in and see her. She’s okay; she’s just having a hard time accepting what happened.” They nodded and took the girls from me. I walked back down the hall and took Kristine into my arms. She buried her face in my chest and sobbed. I rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head. She slowly fell asleep, but she didn’t sleep peacefully. I wasn’t sure but I figured she was having nightmares about what happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sick so I don't know when the next update will be.

Thanks for Reading, Commenting, and Subscribing:)

~Rach