Sequel: Extraodinary Girl

Church On Sunday

Starry Nights, City Lights

A quiet night, away from our families and friends. No prying eyes, no stolen glances, no secrets or lies. Just you and me.

We are sat in the darkness, with only the stars in the skies and the city lights illuminating us.

I bury my head in the crook of your neck, taking in your scent, only for you to place a soft kiss on my forehead. There's no need for conversation. After all these years, the silence is comfortable.

You lift my head, gently caressing my cheek with your thumb and the heat from your touch pulses through me. I look into your sparkling blue eyes and wonder if they are always this blue- the blue of the sky on a hot summers day.

I feel my weight shift as I’m pulled closer, into your embrace. Your eyes are darker now- clouded with lust and wanton with desire. You close them, as your lips crash against mine hungrily. At this moment, with only the stars to see us, I'm yours.

I often wondered what goes on behind those eyes. Asked myself, if when you smile that full teeth baring one you have, do others see that glimmer? The one that makes your sapphire eyes shine like a beacon, luring me to safety.
Or when they turn grey in frustration and confusion at our secret, you then seek quiet solace in my own emerald ones.

“I love you Billie.” Barely a whisper, your hot breath dances on my skin.

Suddenly the thought is gone, your lips are no longer on mine and my eyes open.

"I love you too."