Sequel: Extraodinary Girl

Church On Sunday

Walking Contradiction

Billie and I had been at 880 for about an hour, waiting for Mike, so we could rehearse for the upcoming live show.

I was sat behind the drums, tapping on the high hat when I suddenly had this rush of boredom. I got up and walked over to Billie, who was dicking around in the vocal booth.

"Skat boom bah, be dap a doo de da bah" He was standing there at the mic, eyes closed, Skatting. What the fuck!

"Bill, what in the hell?" I asked him curiously. He looked at me and smiled. "Hey babe, I'm just trying something out."

"Well for the sake of us and the band, leave that shit alone." I'm laughing cos there no way he could be serious.

He straightens up and says, "Maybe I wanna try something different."
I just shake my head in disbelief. "You've got more chance of me cleaning the bathroom with the mop stuck up my fuckin' ass."

He walks towards me, looking thoughtful and presses me up against the door jam.
"You know, this is kinda like our first time." He pouts, looking around the empty studio.
I nod, remembering it like it was yesterday; we had been waiting for Mike again, and we got talking about Billie's sexuality. Or rather, I made some wise -crack, and Bill got defensive.

"Fuck you Tre. You think that a drunken blow job is the be all and fucking end all."

"I beg to differ on the contrary, Bill. I think that about penetration. But then again, any hole is a goal and all that." I smirk. If there was one thing that amused me no end, it was watching Bill get worked up.

"You asshole!" He growled, heading towards me.

"Yeah, and you want some of it, huh?" I teased.


There was something going on with us- this underlying tension. We had been bitching at eachother a lot. Even Mike had picked up on it. I assumed he was just being a prick cos he and Adie were fighting or not talking or whatever, but there were times when I caught him looking at me…I felt something. I just didn’t know what it was, until he kissed me.

Bang! Just like that- I knew then that I wanted to fuck him like an animal, so I did.

Before I could say anything, it was happening again. Billie's lips were on mine and he was pushing me out of the booth and over to the couch.
"Kinda strong for a pygmy, aren’t ya?" I said into his open mouth.

"Shut up and sit, bitch."

"Oh, I love it when you call my name." I singsong.

Ignoring me, he pushes me down onto the couch. He straddles me, rocking back and forth to get comfortable and I know the fucker does that so he can feel my dick getting hard in my pants.

He kisses me again, this time harder. Then his hands are everywhere- moving from under my t-shirt to my hair to trailing down my chest to the zipper on my jeans. Things are getting hot real fast and then;

"It smells like ass in here, dude. Tre, please tell me you didn’t launch an air biscuit." Mike's voice comes from nowhere.

He stops dead and immediately shifts his eyes to the ground in embarrassment. We didn’t even bother to move, we just looked at him.
I hadn’t seen him for a few weeks, as it had been different between all of us since he found out about Billie and me. And boy, that shit was so deep, you couldn’t run away.

The first time I saw him after Billie moved in, the mother-fucker socked me in the jaw. I could understand that he was angry and there was nothing I could do. I think he did it cos we lied to him and in part, for Adie - I mean she wont even look at me long enough to slap me.
She probrably thought I would have liked it. Cos who wouldn’t want to look at this? I'm sexy, Goddammit.

Billie had said to him, "Yeah we messed up. But we’re still the same people- your best friends. It's just that Tre and I have sex…like…a lot." Mike just looked at us both and couldn't help but burst out laughing.

But it's still awkard. See for the most part, people think that I just play the drums and act like everything’s a big joke, but this wasn’t. Billie had lost a lot in him and I hooking up. I didn’t have as much to lose, but things still weren’t exactly easy for me. I felt all this shit too- I just covered it up by making a joke about it.

"So...uh…were you looking for a contact lens or something?" He throws his bag on the ground, walking over to the Fender 53-P Bass, and picking it up by the neck. Mike’s way of making this less uncomfortable.

"Uh no. I thought I'd get the creative juices flowing." Billie smirks at me, as he slides himself off my lap. Man, he's a little fucker. I rub at my dick, trying to think about something other than Bill so my hard-on would disappear, much to his amusement.

"Why are you late, anyways?" I ask, getting up to go back to the safety of my drum kit.

Mike hesitates "I was with Adie and the boys. We had lunch and stuff." His eyes meet Billie's and waver before going back to focusing on the bass.

From what Bill had said, Mike had been spending a lot of time with them. Helping Adie out with baby-sitting, running errands for her and the boys, and shit. Helping her out when she needed it.
That’s not to say Bill wasn’t spending time with the boys either, its just Joe wouldn’t talk to him at all and it had cut him up, like, bad.
And being as Joe didn’t like me much right now, it made things harder. I mean, he tried to kick the shit out of me once, told me he hated me. That was a big blow to me and Billie Joe, too.
Jake was…well Jake. He didn’t hold a grudge and I figure he was just relieved that things weren’t so tense at home.
As for Adrienne, I knew he still cared for her- in all honesty I’d be pissed if he didn’t. You can’t just completely switch off from loving someone, it takes time. Even I know that!

"How are they? " Bill asks quietly. He averts his gaze to me briefly, then back at Mike.

"Yeah...ok...I guess. Joey's made the Soccer team and Jake got an A on his report card." He stops.

"That’s great! And Adrienne? She ok?" He asks again, nodding that he understood.

"What do you think, Bill? Look, can we just get this started please" Mike's voice is slightly higher than necessary.

"Yeah, come on, let's get this done." I throw in to diffuse the situation. I can see Billie getting ready to let fly, but he just walks over and kisses me quickly; Billie way of getting some consolation from Mike's words.

"Yeah babe, sure." Bill says, now comforted, as he walks to the mic stand and picks up his guitar.

"Oh for fucks sake, can you two just quit that? Just while I'm here, please!" Mike sighs. I look up, a bit confused and annoyed.

"What the fuck bit you on the ass?" I ask him, getting a bit pissy.

"Come on…what do you think this is? Queer Eye?" He says, staring at Bill. "You know, since I've known about you two, I've been wondering who's the bitch. I'm guessing it's you, Billie Joe. Or should that be, Billie Jean?" He deadpans, placing the bass back in its stand.

I get up from the stool and start to make my way over but Billie gets there first.
"Mike why are you being such a fucking cunt? I thought you were cool with this? Why the fucking turnaround?"

"Yeah, man. What do you want us to do? If we were runnin' around in pink fucking spandex and singing show tunes, would that make it easier to take? It's been 4, almost 5, fucking months, Mike. Deal with it! We have a band to take care of!" I yell, throwing my drumsticks down and walking towards the window. "Just suck it the fuck up."

Mike looks at us both, his blue eyes pitted against our blue and green. He re-adjusts his flat cap and walks over to the couch, sitting down.
"All I know is talk is cheap and lies are expensive; like your divorce." He looks at his nails. "You haven't seen Adie, Bill. Its like this has taken everything out of her. It makes me angry at you guys to see her like this. And I'm doing your job with the kids, Billie. D'you think that’s fair?"

"No, it's not fucking fair!" Bill sounds like he's gasping. "I'm trying Mike. With her and the kids. We both are. But until things aren’t so raw, I need you to look after her ok?" I can see it ticking over in Billie's mind. No doubt we were gonna be talking a lot, tonight. No fair- I wanted hot monkey sex…but maybe after.

"I already am." Mike says quietly.

"Ok, so…now everyone's ball's have been busted for hopefully, the final time, can we get back to working please?" I say loudly. I just wanna thrash out some beats and ease up on the tension.

With that said, we all got on our weapons of choice and played some good shit, man. We went over all the A.I stuff, even doing some stuff off Dookie. Billie even tried to throw in some skatting but mike walked over to him and turned his mic off.
"Not a fucking ice cube's chance in hell, dude."

After a few beers and some dope to finish up, we walked out into the parking lot.
"So, I guess its same time same place, Thursday." I say, walking over to my S.U.V with Bill not far behind.

"Yeah…I'll call you." Mike offers, already sitting in his BMW. Bill's quiet as he slips in beside me, so I sing a song to stir him;
"Oh, Billie, he has a moderately sized…willie...sometimes in Oakland…its gets chilly…this is real silly…oh Billie…with your…small willie…" He snaps out of his trance and cracks a smile.

"Take me home Smartass, and stop playing dumb."
***

“If I promise to go to church on Sunday
Will you go with me on Friday night?
If you live with me, I'll die for you
And this compromise”


FIN.