One day left

one: my hopeless life

I live in the small town of Whispering pines,where everyone is off in they're own way. Like, my best friend is a monkey that was turned into a human... strange huh?Just goes to show you how strange my world is. Like the vampire that lives next door to me. She is so super creepy and says I smell good when ever I see her, and it always creeps me out. I just walk away extremely fast and forget she said anything. There is also a werewolf that lives in town. He is pretty cool, but I’m not sure I like him shedding everywhere when my parents bring him over for dinner on the weekly “Neighborly dinner night.” That’s when the zombie girl comes to my house and starts hitting on me. She really likes cursed emo boys apparently. I don’t get why, but whatever…… The thing is…. I don’t even like girls like that. I’m a homosexual cursed emo boy. And I have such a hard time looking for someone in this land that is homosexual too. Even a girl ‘cuz then she’ll know how I feel. ANYWAYS…..
I stood behind the haunted house down the street from my home, and lit up a cigarette. I wasn’t supposed to smoke, but what would my parents do if they didn’t know? I drew in a long breath of smoke, and exhaled. Why I as sneaking around, I don’t know. It was October 31, Halloween, my birthday….. I’m turning 18 today! OH GOODIE!!! I get to die today!! What an awesome birthday present! I told all my friends. I never told them about my curse. I didn’t think they needed to worry for me. I’m just one extra person in the world, why would it matter if I died?
I crushed out the embers of my cigarette with my foot. What a pitiful end...... haven't even kissed a guy yet.
I felt a hand on my shoulder. Nearly jumping out of my skin, I turned to face Myranda, the zombie girl from down the street.
"Nikki. What a pleasant surprise! How are you this fine Halloween morning?" Myranda smiled, showing her yellow and chipped teeth.
"I'm good..... just..... waiting until I'm 18...... which is 12 o'clock today. Well tonight that is." I said uncomfortably.
"It's your birthday? oh I should make you a cake!!!!" Myranda put her hands to her chest in glee.