Status: This fanfic is completed. I highly doubt that there will be a sequel.

Stand A Little Too Tall, Say A Little Too Much

Part 13.

*Back to 3rd person*

Alex was furious. He had to get out of the secret place so he didn’t lash out on Justine. Not that he was going to of course. He loved that girl and he knew she didn’t want him to cause any trouble but the longer he waited, the more Josh thought he might have gotten away with the ordeal. Josh wasn't going to get away with it. Alex was going to make him pay.

Once again, Alex punched a few digits into his phone and placed the phone next to his ear. The call connected and a few mumbles were heard.

“Hello, Mom?”
“Hello sweetie. What’s up? You never call at this time.”
“Nothing really. There’s a situation that has come up though.”
“What’s happened? Is it school? A girl?” He could tell that she was part laughing on the other end of the phone.
“No Mom. It’s kinda serious but I can’t say anything. It’s not exactly my place to say. There’s this girl-”
“Knew it!”
“Mom!”
“Okay, sorry. Carry on?”
“Her name is Justine but I’m not gonna go into too much detail but you’ll meet her soon enough. Something happened and I’m gonna stay round hers for a few days if that’s okay?”
He hadn't consulted Justine about this but he wanted to make sure that she was gonna be okay. He was extremely worried about her.
“One condition. Well, two.”
“Go on…”
“Condition one, I expect you home for dinner considering that’s all planned out now.”
“Mom-”
“Condition two, make sure you behave yourself in a few ways more than others.”
“Fine.”
“Remember. Be home for dinner or you’re in troubl-”
“Don’t worry Mom. I got it. Half 6 on the dot.”
“On the dot.” With that she hung up.

Alex didn't like leaving Justine alone, especially in the state she was in. He dialled a different phone number into his phone and put the phone back up to his ear.
“Hello?”
“Hiya, it’s Alex.”
“Oh hey. When are you gonna be back?”
“I’m not gonna be much longer but I need to talk to you when I get back.”
“Is everything okay?”
“Everything’s fine baby. I’m just in town at the minute getting some bits and bobs for my Mom. Do you need anything?”
“I need you.”
“I shouldn’t have left you alone. I’m so sorry. I can be a fool at times.”
“Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine.”
“Why don’t you call up Layna considering you’ve not spoken to her in a while?”
“Sure. But if you’re not gonna be lon-”
“Hey,” he interrupted, “I won’t be but I don’t want you being alone where you are considering the circumstances. It worries me to death every time I leave you.”
“Then why do you?”
“Because nobody is gonna hurt you ever again,” anger built up in Alex’s voice, “Never. Again.”
“You said, Alex,” he could hear her laugh a little, “now do whatever you’ve got to do. Before I make my way down there.”
“Okay. I’ll call you when I’m done.”
“Okay. I miss you.”
“I miss you too, Justine.” He eventually hung up. He wanted to stay on the phone to that girl but he couldn’t. The Josh situation needed to be sorted.

Alex wasn’t technically lying when he told Justine that he was getting some bits for his Mom. He’d gone into Boots and bought her some shampoo and dyes for her fabric materials. After town, he set off down towards the bus shelter and rang another different number into his phone. He placed the phone back to his ear and the call connected.
“Hey, it’s Alex.”
“Hey. How’s it going?”
“Kinda okay. I need your help. Meet me at the shelter?”
“Sure. I’ll be there in 10.”
“Cool. I’ll explain everything when you get here.”
“Okay, see ya.”

Once he arrived, Nicole was standing there waiting.
“Always late you are.” She smiled.
“My bad. Blame my Mom. I must have got it from her.”
“Haha. So what’s the plan?”
“Basically, we’re going to Kirkland College and we’re going to sort some stuff out with a guy.”
“Okay. He is?”
“He attempted to rape my girlfriend and he’s gonna pay.”
“Is she okay?”
“Ish. I told her to go and see her best friend whilst this gets sorted but she doesn’t know that we’re onto Josh so keep it on the low.”
“How is she coping?”
“I don’t know really. She broke down as soon as she got to school. A teacher spotted her and I walked past and noticed the state she was in and carried her away. She then told me what happened. I’m furious.”
“I don’t blame you to be fair.”
“Hm. Right, let’s go.”

Alex and Nicole walked rapidly towards Kirkland Avenue and once they’d hit the corner of the road, they ran towards Kirkland College.
“He’ll be out soon.” Alex said.
“Right. So what are we doing?”
“Making him pay.”
“Okay.”
“Big time.”
“If the cops come, I’m bailing though. I can’t be doing with another criminal record or I’ll get kicked out of college.”
“Bail if the cops come. I’ll be fine.”
“Okay.”
“Speak of the devil right now.”
Nicole looked towards the school gates and there Josh was. He hadn’t noticed Alex yet but with the distance between them, it wouldn’t be long.

Alex walked really fast towards Josh. Josh saw Alex approaching and smirked.
“Guess she told you everything then. Haha.” He hissed.
Alex couldn’t control what he was about to do. He didn’t care how much trouble he would get in. As soon as he was close enough, Alex grabbed Josh by the throat and slammed him against the wall.
“You’re in shit mate.” Alex hissed.