Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Blood

Follow the Butterflies

Later that night I waited downstairs and then saw Harry and Ronald come down with an old rug.

“What’s with that?” I pointed at the rug in Harry’s hands, he pulled it around then he was gone, vanished. I looked around then felt two hands on my shoulders but I couldn’t see them, I pretended to jump at the touch and looked behind me to see Harry’s head. “Cool,” I smirked.

* * *


We headed over to Hagrid’s house under the cloak, Harry knocked on the door and we waited patiently for it to open.

“Who’s there?” we heard Hagrid on the inside. The door opened and we saw him standing there with a huge bow and arrow. “Hello? Hello?” Hagrid spoke, we pulled the cloak off in a hurry,
“What’s that for?” Harry asked shocked,
“Nothing. I was expecting… It doesn’t matter. Come on in. I just made a pot of tea.” Hagrid ushered us inside his home.

As we walked in I could feel the heat of the fire touching my cold cheeks and the smell of freshly brewed tea in the air as Hagrid poured it, his hands shaking and spilling some of the drink.

“Hagrid, are you okay?” Harry asked,
“I’m fine. I’m all right.” Hagrid replied,
“Did you hear about Hermione?” Harry asked,
“Oh yeah. I heard about that, all right.” Hagrid nodded.

“Look, we have to ask you something. Do you know who’s opened the Chamber of Secrets?” Harry asked,
“What you have to understand about that is--” Hagrid started but the door was knocked abruptly. “Quick, under the cloak. Don’t say a word. Be quiet, all of you.” Hagrid whispered as we ran to the side and Ronald thrown the cloak over us, I stood in front of the two boys as Hagrid opened the door.

“Professor Dumbledore, sir.” Hagrid spoke warmly,
“Good evening, Hagrid. I wonder, could we…?” we heard Dumbledore’s voice,
“Of course. Come in. Come in.” Hagrid replied and beckoned them inside.

“That’s Dad’s boss. Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic.” Ronald whispered,
“Bad business, Hagrid, very bad business. Had to come. Three attacks on Muggle-borns. Things have gone far enough. The Ministry’s got to act.” Cornelius spoke,
“But I never-- You know I never, professor.” Hagrid spoke,
“I want it understood, Cornelius that Hagrid has my full confidence.” Dumbledore spoke,
“Albus, look, Hagrid’s record is against him. I’ve got to take him.” Cornelius spoke looking at Dumbledore,
“Take me? Take me where? Not Azkaban prison.” Hagrid snapped,
“I’m afraid we have no choice, Hagrid.” Cornelies explained.

The door opened again,
“Already here, Fudge? Good.” I heard a voice I didn’t recognize as a tall man with long white hair came in, he reminded me of Draco… perhaps his father.

“What are you doing here? Get out of my house!” Hagrid yelled at the man,
“Believe me I take absolutely no pleasure being inside your… You call this a house?” he spoke walking towards us, we quietly backed up in worry as he looked around. “No. I simply called up the school and was told the headmaster was here.” The man spoke,
“Well, what exactly is it that you want with me?” Dumbledore asked,
“The other governors and I have decided it’s time for you to step aside.” The man explained then brought out a piece of paper, which was rolled up, “This is an order of suspension.” The man walked over, Cornelius went to take the paper but Dumbledore held up his hand, “You’ll find all 12 signatures on it. I’m afraid we feel you’ve rather lost your touch.” The man explained as Dumbledore taken the paper, I bit my lip and scowled at the man. “Well, what, with all these attacks there’ll be no Muggle-borns left at Hogwarts. I can only imagine what an awful loss that would be to the school.” The man walked towards us again with a horrid look on his face.

“You can’t take Professor Dumbledore away. Take him away and the Muggle-borns won’t stand a chance. You mark my words, there’ll be killings next!” Hagrid bellowed,
“You think so?” the man looked at Hagrid.

“Calm yourself, Hagrid. If the governors desire my removal I will, of course, step aside.” Dumbledore spoke then started to walk forward.

“However you will find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it,” Dumbledore looked our way, a small frown of confusion appeared on my face as he looked over his half moon spectacles in our direction.
“Admirable sentiments. Shall we?” the man spoke then walked out of Hagrid’s house, Dumbledore stood there for a moment looking in our direction, he obviously knew we were there as he left.

“Come, Hagrid. Well?” Cornelius looked at Hagrid,
“If… If anybody was looking for some stuff then all they’d have to do would be to follow the spiders. Yep. That would lead them right. That’s all I have to say.” Hagrid nodded then walked out, “And someone will need to feed Fang while I’m away.” Hagrid added as he walked out the door.

Cornelius looked at the black dog,
“Good boy.” He spoke and walked out of the house.

The boys pulled the cloak off,
“Hagrid’s right. With Dumbledore gone, there’ll be an attack a day.” Ronald spoke,
“And I’ll be kicked out…” I hugged myself and walked forward with my back to the boys.
“Why?” Harry asked, I looked back at them but noticed something small and crawling on the wall,
“Look.” I pointed at the window ledge. Harry and Ronald looked at the wall and saw the spiders.

“Come on.” Harry spoke, picking up the lantern and heading out the door with us following. “Come on, Fang.” Harry spoke, the big black dog got up growled at me as he went past as I glared at him.

Walking outside we watched where the spiders were going.
“Come on.” Harry spoke,
“What?” Ronald’s voice had a new pitch,
“You heard what Hagrid said. ‘Follow the spiders.” I explained,
“They’re heading to the Dark Forest.” Ronald’s voice was getting higher.

I stared at Ronald for a second then walked ahead of the boys towards the forest,
“Why spiders? Why couldn’t it be ‘follow the butterflies’?” Ronald asked.