Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Blood

I'm Different

The crackle from the fire was the only thing I could hear in the common room of Gryffindor. I glanced around the room as I heard the portrait open, two boys walked into the room looking rather down.

One of them had bright red hair, and blue eye with freckles gently showing across his face. The other boy had black hair, and green eyes just like my mothers.

I watched the two boys sulk and walk towards the stairs, the one boy with the black hair looked around. I ducked behind the sofa quickly, lifting my feet up also.

I can’t stand boys.

I just generally can’t go near them.

I lust for men’s blood more then women’s.

The boys walked up the stairs and vanished behind the door. I sat back up and looked back at the fire.

I didn’t realize that Professor McGonagall was watching me,
“Aren’t you going to bed Miss. Skylar?” she spoke, I looked at her suddenly,
“Oh, no. Sorry, I can’t sleep. My body won’t let me,” I replied looking back at the fire.
Professor McGonagall nodded then left the room.

Once again I was alone in the common room. I briefly glanced upon the books on the small elm table in front of me. The book that intrigued me the most was Defence Against the Dark Arts. I picked it up and glanced over the pages quickly, then realised the teacher for this lesson was some halfwit moron.

Gilderoy Lockhart.

My mother hated him, and for good reasons too. When she was shopping in Diagon Ally he saw her and started to ‘flirt’ with her… The very thought of it makes me feel sick. When my father shown up and pulled her away he backed off immediately. Unfortunately I wasn’t there to see the scene but I could imagine it in my mind.

I put the book back down and then picked up the Astronomy book. I loved looking at the stars, so this was one lesson I would enjoy.

I walked to the window with the book and glanced out the window towards the sky. I read the book carefully while looking towards the sky every minute or so to see if I could find the stars described in the book.

Every night was going to be like this.

Long.

Boring.

And every night I’ll be alone.

Just like home. I closed the book once again and looked towards the stars.

They were free.

Free to do whatever they wanted. Well, they can’t do anything, only shine. One day, I’m going to shine like a star and show people that I can be the start of something amazing! The start of a new era, I’m going to show those who looked down at me with anger and hate that I can be good, that I can live just like them.

I refuse to be looked down on by wizards and witches, just because I’m different.