‹ Prequel: Unknown Visit
Status: Sequel! 8D We begin.

House of Lost Minds

Day 13.

I was sat rocking in the corner of my room. I couldn't stop taking the pills. I need them. I want them.

No one was here to stop me nor to care.

Except for the nice nurse...

She cares...

No, no, NO.

She doesn't care. She can't care. No, it's not right.

“Oh Elerna,” her sickly sweet voice floated from the doorway, “I have a surprise for you.”

I don't like surprises.

I don't want her surprise.

I want to die

“I brought you some extra pills. I know how much you love them, and seeing as you're my favourite patient I figured, why not?”

Extra pills... she brought... extra... pills...

I blinked fast, trying to clear my vision and thoughts. I don't know why I thought that would clear my thoughts but I did. It didn't disappoint me though when it didn't clear my thoughts.

My thoughts hadn't been clear for a long time so I was quite used to it.

“Here you go Elerna,” she offered her hand out in front of me. In the middle of her palm lay ten coloured pills.

That's more then I have in one dosage...

My fingers twitched, wanting to reach out and take the pills. My body, my mind and myself craved them. Any warn in my head that may have been told went out the window.

“There's a good girl,” the nurse cooed as I took the pills and placed them all in my mouth. One by one I swallowed them.

“I'm the only one who cares about you Elerna. I bring you what you want without you having to ask. I'm the only one who bothers to see you everyday. No one else cares about you,” her voice was faint but clear in my mind.

She's the only one who cares about me.

No one else.

They can't care; no visitors during the day so they don't care. Are we even allowed visitors?

“It's almost as if I treat you like my own daughter Elerna.” They were the last things I heard from her before she left the room.

Daughter... her daughter... treats me... mother... daughter...

Dearest mother.

She is the only one who cares. No one else does.

My fingers find the letter that's under my mattress. The letter that I haven't been able to read. The letter that came from Mikey. Who acted like he cared.

Without a second thought I tore right down the middle of it before bringing the two pieces together and tearing them as well.

The letter that I will never read floated down to my feet in pieces.

He doesn't care....
♠ ♠ ♠
See how nice the nurse is?
Elerna certainly seems to like her.
But it spelt bad news for Mikey's letter. ):
She'll never know what he wrote. D:
CAITY'S TURN