‹ Prequel: Unknown Visit
Status: Sequel! 8D We begin.

House of Lost Minds

Day 18.

The hallways were dark, quiet, lonely. Almost all of the lights flickered on and off during this time of the night. If you didn't know about the lights, you were sure to lose your mind and submit to death. It's happened before, Dr. Mourning told me, he said his last favorite hadn't known about the lights, and she killed herself by scratching open her veins and smashing her head so hard against the wall that it caused her permanent brain damage. He said he wasn't sure if she felt any pain before she died, he thought that she bled to death before she could feel the pulsing of her brain seeping through her skull.

Thinking of that thought made me shiver in fear. Would that happen to me? No, it couldn't, I had babies to protect. My children were my life, I had to protect them as best as I could.

I should go back to the room... Elerna is probably sleeping by now... and He doesn't want me out on my own late... I thought, sighing. Great, I didn't want to be locked up in that prison, and I felt bad for leaving Elerna in there on her own when I practically forced her to.

It didn't take long for me to get to the room, and I panicked when I heard the screaming. Was Elerna having night terrors now, too? On top of everything, she didn't need to be dealing with that and the issue of the drugs leaving her system.

"Elerna?!" I yelled, and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Dr. Mourning hovering over her with a knife in the hand that wasn't holding onto the front of her nightgown. Once the image processed into my brain, I instantly lunged between Elerna and the blade. It cut through my nightgown, not even touching my skin.

"Move, Rayne!" Dr. Mourning yelled, which didn't go so well with me.

"What are you doing to her?! Get away from us!" I screamed, cradling Elerna's bleeding and hysterical body in my arms, protecting her head with my arms and moving her so she was behind me as much as possible.

"She shouldn't be here! She attacked me first! I was doing self-defense!" He hollered, getting closer, Elerna slid herself farther behind her, trying to stay in my arms as much as possible. I understood why she was scared.

"You were going to hurt her because she didn't want you...!" I hissed angrily. Wow, so Elerna was smart enough through her drugged haze to know he was bad news, but wasn't smart enough to stop the drugs? No, I wasn't even going to start, if I was her, and I was drugged up like crazy, I would be just like her. It was addiction, nothing else.

"Maybe... I can't use you anymore." He glared at me, or my stomach, in disgust.

"Leave. Now. Don't even dare come back." I mumbled, my blue eyes staring into his deep brown ones.

"Or what?"

"Or I'll kill you myself, no matter how much it hurts me in the process."

"The nurses will kill your children."

"They won't have the chance to do it." He smiled wickedly at me when he heard my words, shrugged, and headed back to the door.

"I'd love to see you try to hurt me, my pet." And he was gone.

I looked back to Elerna, she was still shaking pretty bad, but at least she wasn't sobbing and trying to melt into the wall like she was before.

"Elerna, it's alright now, he's gone. Are you alright?" I asked, checking her cuts. Good, they weren't deep, just small scratches basically, she'd heal quickly.

"Y-yes. I'm f-fine. A-are you a-alright?" She stuttered, and wiped off her tears that were still spilling, and smiled.

"Of course, actually, I feel better then ever since I stood up to that fool." We stared at each other, smiled, and soon enough we were laughing and crying into each others arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
KAYLEIGH'S TURN!
Sorry for taking FOR-FRACKEN-EVER!
I'll be quicker next time... maybe... promise!
Hope you liked this chapter. I wanted to show that even through all the crap happening to them, they could still laugh at whatever happened. At the end, they're laughing because of the fact that even though things are bad, at least they have each other.