‹ Prequel: Unknown Visit
Status: Sequel! 8D We begin.

House of Lost Minds

Day 23.

Rayne, Rayne, Rayne, Rayne.

She's fine without me, the nurse said. Just so fine...it hurts. She doesn't need me any more and...and I don't need her. Not now that I have the nurse. I have the nurse, I do. She's so nice and she cares. She won't leave me.

Rayne's left me before, hasn't she? Of course she has, she must have. And then everyone else leaves. They always do...but the nurse won't. She cares for me and thinks of me as her daughter. I've never--

Don't think of it

We've never--

Don't!

I've never had someone think of me--

It's a trick of course it is a trick

--think of me as their daughter. Never been someone's daughter. Just kid. Just a good for nothing kid that they couldn't wait to be rid of. A kid, nothing more.

And everyone else leaves. Mikey...he's--

Coming back

--gone. Never going to be coming back. Of course not, why would he? I'm a good for nothing kid. It's a no wonder why Rayne doesn't need me any more.

"Wait!" I gasped, fumbling for my words and breath. The nurse looked at me and her hand went to her pocket. I don't want anymore

"What's wrong?" She's so caring. So, so caring.

"I need, need. I need to. Need to. Need," I stuttered. My mind was going fuzzy and it felt heavy. I blinked several times to correct my vision but it didn't help. I felt faint and now my head felt light, felt so light-headed and I don't know what's happening. I feel...I feel...wrong?

No, no, of course I don't feel wrong. I can't feel wrong. There's nothing for me to feel wrong about.

"Sweetie, take the pills," she coaxed, bringing the small tablets to my lips and gently pressing them against them.

I begun to sob pathetically as I let her push them into my mouth. They rested on my tongue and after a little bit more coaxing from the nurse, I managed to swallow them.

The feeling of being wrong disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kept putting this off, I did. I don't know why, though. Anywho, it's up.
CAITY'S TURN.