‹ Prequel: Unknown Visit
Status: Sequel! 8D We begin.

House of Lost Minds

Day 24.

Elerna was gone, so that had meant I was left to either find her or wait until later. If I waited, it might be too late, but it wasn't like I could look for her easily in this place without being taken back to my room. I decided to risk it, and chose to wait to find her when I knew it would be safer, when I knew that I could save her and every other person in this damned place.

Two days, at least I believe so, had passed, and it was extremely quiet. No visits from Dr. Mourning; no screams and banging; nothing. It was surprisingly quiet in the building, and maybe it was because the doctors and nurses knew about the escape. I started shaking, from the cold and worry.

A bang on the door. I looked up, quivering against the backboard of my grand bed. Dr. Mourning was told I needed as much comfort as I needed in order to have healthy children.

Several more bangs before the door fell to the floor with a heavy thud, making me wince from the loudness.

"Rayne, come on!" Yelled a very familiar voice. Frank.

"Frank? You actually came for me?" I started getting up, shakily, and walked to the doorway. Frank held out his hand when I came into reach and I grabbed it. They were warm, rough, strong compared to my pale, soft, bony hands.

"Of course, I wouldn't leave you and my child here to suffer on your birthday. It's time for you to leave." He kissed my forehead, picked me up like a bride, and started a slow jog down the hallway to what would possibly be the exit.

"Where's Mikey? And Avon?" I asked, panicking a little.

"Mikey and Avon are searching the entire building for Elerna. Mikey said he won't leave this place unless he has her in his arms and in a safe place away from here."

"She's drugged up. God, Frank, what if she's dead? What if it's too late and they killed her with their stupid drugs and pills?" Tears fell down my cheeks, and a sob was trying to escape my throat but wouldn't.

Frank just looked at me, there were so many emotions mixed with that look. Fear, sadness, happiness, relief, regret, anger, and love. So much love in that one look.

"We'll find her, dead or alive. She deserves a proper life, and if needed, a proper burial." He kissed my forehead, and I just cried against his neck as he ran.

I must have fallen asleep, because I woke up to darkness. Except I was in a moving vehicle. Everything from earlier came back to me. The escape, Elerna being missing, the look in Frank's eyes. I slowly got off the bunk, I noticed I was in a tour bus or something, and went into the so-called living area to see Frank, Mikey, and Avon all talking with beers in their hands.

When I entered, they all looked at me. At first they looked like they had been crying, especially Mikey.

"Elerna... she isn't... is she..." I began, unable to finish because I burst into tears, sobbing and holding onto the wall for support. Frank got up instantly, wrapping me in his strong arms to support me. If he hadn't, I think I would have fallen to the floor.

"She's alright, she's sleeping in the bathroom. Mikey got anything sharp out of the bathroom and is keeping a good eye on her. She'll be sick for a while from all the pills she took, but it'll be alright. Don't worry, Rayne." He wiped my tears away from my face, but they just kept renewing themselves.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, you can go sit with her if you'd like to." I nodded, and he walked me to the bathroom and sat me down on the tile next to her. She was resting her cheek against the toilet seat and smelled of rotten barf. Frank told me to yell if I needed him, and left.

"Rayne...?" Elerna mumbled, peaking up at me with one eye.

"Hi Elerna. How are you feeling?" I brushed her hair out of her face, it must have fallen when she was sleeping.

"I feel sick. Am I dying?"

"No. You're safe, Elerna."

"I'm sorry. The baby isn't going to be named after me, is it?"

"Of course it will be. I almost lost you, Elerna. My baby would be named after you no matter what anybody said." She smiled, and closed her eyes.

"Are you done with the drugs? The pills?" I asked. It took her a while to answer, and I thought she didn't hear me.

"Yes. I'm done. Mikey and you... you both care so much about me, and I didn't realize it." I grabbed her into my arms, and started crying.

"You scared me so much!"

"I know."

"I thought you were dead! Or worse!"

"I'm ok."

"It was painful, not knowing if you were alive or dead!"

"I'm sorry."

"I love you, Elerna. Don't ever forget that, ok?" She hugged me back, and I felt the quivers of her own tears start.

"I won't. I'm sorry, Rayne. I'm so, so sorry."

I don't think she got sick after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
KAYLEIGH'S TURN!
I'm sorry if I seem like I'm rushing this a bit.
Thing is, I have no idea what to write.
And Kayleigh and I haven't discussed an ending yet, or if this will be the official end of our glorious series or if there will be another story.
We'll have to see.
Keep reading. :D