A Brief Exchange

l o v e

Do I change? Do I? Because I don't think I do. Not really. I mean, they're natural changes. I'm changing naturally. Organically. Did they expect me to stay the same forever? Did they expect me to always look that way, always act that way, always blindly follow that way?

No. We just expected some warning; we didn't expect it to be so all of a sudden. One day you're this pretty almost-girl in make-up and the next day you're growing a beard out and making dirtier jokes than you normally do. Then you're a flower child six months later. I love you, but you scare me. Is this normal? I don't think it is.

You're just worried that the more I change, the further I pull away. You don't trust me.

Don't try to put all this blame on me. I wouldn't be so suspicious if you didn't fuck more people every time you had one of these ridiculous life changes. I love you, all of you. Every version of you. But you destroy me when you spread your legs for random guys. You don't have to sleep with people that dress like you to be able to dress that way. You can wear eyeliner without fucking people who wear it too, you know.

You're such a patronizing bastard, you know that? If you treated me the same every time then I wouldn't have to find people every time. They treat me like I want them to. You still always hold on to that old Ryan. He's dead. Forget him.

But I love him. How can I just forget him?

Learn.