Anyone Else But You

Anyone Else But You[17]

Joe came back into the room. I still hadn’t said anything for nine months.

“I’m sorry about what I said before. About you having to raise our kid on your own. That was a pretty jerky thing to say.”

I just stared at him and nodded my head. He came over to my bed side and kissed my forehead.

“I’m so sorry, honey. I love you.”

Still I just stared.

“Okay. I can see someone is holding a grudge for a while. I’ll wait for you to get over it.”

He kissed my lips. I just sat there. I sighed and laid down. I closed my eyes. But my attempt to fall asleep was interrupted by him kissing my neck.

“I love you,” He said again.

I pushed his head away from me and closed my eyes again.

“Come on. If anything, I should be mad. You cheated on me with one of my best friends. And you kissed him so many other times. But I’m being mature and trustworthy towards you. I’m forgiving you. You should forgive me. I didn’t leave you again, did I? Nope. I took you to the hospital. And even if you hadn’t fainted back there, I would’ve still felt guilty and turned around and stay with you. So, please. Just forgive me for whatever I did wrong. But before you do, could you tell me what I did wrong?”

I opened my eyes and looked at him. I pulled him and a gave him a long kiss.

“So you’re not mad at me anymore?”

“I never was,” I said back.

“You talked! Wow.”

“I had to eventually.”

He shrugged.

“True. Anyway…have you decided on our kid’s name yet?”

I shook my head no.

“I was waiting for you to decide on a name.”

He thought about it.

“I have no idea what to name her.”

“How about…Emily?” I asked.

“Sure. I like that name. How about the middle name?”

“Anna…” I suggested.

Joe nodded his head.
-1 week later-
I had no house. So Emily and I moved into Joe’s house. We swore to each other no more secrets, no cheating, and only friendly kisses allowed to others. It was Valentine’s Day and I was just laying in bed. I was too exhausted to do anything. Joe came and laid down next to me. He was holding Emily. He handed her to me.

“How’s my two favorite people doing?”

I shrugged.

“Exhausted, and she looks pretty wide awake,” I said, then sighed.

My eyes were half open.

“To continue where we last left off…before I found out about the whole you and Patrick doing it thing. When we were at the park.”

He showed me the ring again.

“Will you marry me?”

I nodded my head.

“Of course. And its not just because of the baby. I swear. I love you more than anything.”

He slipped the ring onto my finger and kissed my lips.

“I’m gonna go to sleep now,” I said, and handed him Emily.

Joe got off the bed and put her into her crib. He came and laid back down to me. I turned onto my left side and so did he. He put his arms around me, his chest against my back. We fell asleep together.
♠ ♠ ♠
-xfueledbyjackiex