Status: Hiatus because it sucks

Love , It's Just For Fun

Chapter 8

**2 months later**

“Garrett you fuck , how much shit do you have in this!?” I groaned as we got out of the lift and started to walk up to our apartment carrying boxes that contained the unknown.

It’s unbelievable how much junk a guy of only 21 has.

“Oh like you didn’t have this much crap when you moved in…” he spat back

“Nickelsen, I know for a fact I didn’t” I laughed barging open the door

“Hey why aren’t you guy’s helping anymore?,”

“Cannot be fucked my friend, honestly can’t be fucked” Tim, Jared & Kennedy all agreed from the couch area.

“Well , help would be great y’know,” I said using a poker face

“Yes , help would be great” Kennedy said emphasising the sentence .

“Kirch, Brock, Monaco - Get up and help the lady ya lazy fucks” John interrupted walking past to go and get more boxes.

~

“Thank’s John” I smiled as I started to walk with him in the hallway.

“Anytime Vee,”

“They were meant to be helping anyway..”

“I mean , how much shit does Garrett have?” He chuckled

“I KNOW RIGHT! , that’s exactly what I told him,”

From behind I heard whispering & laughing .. just what I need.

“What do you baby’s wan—” I turned around thinking it was Katie & maybe Pat..
Boy was I wrong.

“James..” I forced a fake smile

“Violetta...”

He stared me down for a sec. I mean not much has changed since the break-up other than the colour of my hair and the ability to know a douche bag when I see one.

“New guy have we?”

“You’re one to talk! New girl to add to your collection?” I smirked

James was standing there with his new girl .. is it normal to think that it was his new bitch ? Yes? No? Alright.

I panicked for a second. Not to mention how awkward this is.

First off James gave me the death stare for saying what was the truth about a new girl in his collection. I didn’t care , I mean ; she had to know sooner or later.

“Umm, yeah ... ‘Member me James, buddy?” John stepped up

“Hold on , lets see ;brunette , lankyness , always around Violetta. John O’Callaghan “

“Guy’s why don’t we go talk off about all this over coffee?” His new bitch brought up. It did sound like a good idea.

Thank goodness at the bottom of the apartment block was a shopping complex that had all these different stores. You could go down to get just about anything , it was ridiculous.

There was tension for a while when we were getting to the coffee shop. Not to mention in general I mean .. C’mon , The Ex , his newest barbie doll … and John pretending to be my new guy ?

We went into a 4-seater booth. It was the easiest option in our situation.

“So...you and O’Callaghan huh ?”

After James said that John put his arm around my waist and smiled at James. I felt my cheeks slightly go red. Was he taking this whole fake girlfriend thing to far ? Nah …

“I’m right here you idiot” John mentioned ; obviously not impressed.

“Alright .. how old’s the kid ?”

“What ?” I laughed sarcastically

“What kid ?” John looked at me

“Y’know , the kid you two must have because you started dating,”

“Oh you’d like that wouldn’t you James,”

He gave us a little smirk , but I know just how to get him back.

“Wait a second ...” I tried to be a little smart-ass here. Let’s hope this worked

“You haven’t introduced us to your new .. I mean your girl” I smirked

“Violetta – Heather , Heather – Violetta”

"There , all introduced" James replied in an instant , he didn't look all to impressed though , I must admit.

Shit .. This was Pat’s Heather. Well , obviously after the breakup but y’know , this is still a big thing.

“Heather!?”

I quickly had to whisper over to John who that was. It was obvious he didn’t remember because he didn’t react when I said her name.

“So this is why you dumped Pat?”

I saw a bit of guilt take over her face. Dumped a guy who was better and not a player for someone who was just using her to get in her pants.

“Wait , you know her?”

“Uhh , yeah .. she used to date one of the youngest in my band” John brought up.

That just showed how old James was compared to the lot of us.

“God , John you actually started that band ?” he looked at us funnily.

“What’s it to ya,”

“Nothing .. just nothing”

“Look , we actually have to go” I looked at John and then to Heather & James.

“We actually promised someone that we’d help them move in today” I brought up so James didn’t think I was escaping for the hell of it.

“Heather , If & when you decide you wanna get back with someone that just doesn’t want in your pants and actually cares about you.. call me okay? Better yet call Pat”

So as of that we left the coffee shop. The conversation that John & I had leading up to the van (to get more of Garrett’s crap) was awkward , but not entirely awkward.

“Thanks for saying you were my boyfriend back there,”

“Don’t mention it , you’re my bestfriend. I’m not gonna leave you in the ruff like that”

“Thanks ..again” I smiled

When we got to the van there was only about 2 boxes left. Boy do we have some explaining to do.

We walked off to the stairs again considering the lift had one of those signs that said "down for maintenance", found it a bit strange considering we used it earlier. It was all small talk but it was better than nothing.