Dreams Only Last for a Night.

Chapter Ten.

"You didn't tell me you play guitar?" I was kind of shocked when I walked into his room to see him sitting on his bed strumming a little tune on an acoustic guitar. He looked up and grinned at me, which made my heart feel all fluttery. Ever since we kissed the other night I've felt like that, even just thinking about him.
"Well you never asked." He chuckled slightly and patted the space opposite him on the bed, motioning me to go over. I sat facing him, with my legs crossed just like his were. "I've missed you." His voice sounded so soft and husky. I loved hearing the sound of it.
"It's only been a day Lex..." I grinned and added, "But I missed you too." There was a small pause before Alex spoke again. He looked shy.. this was the first time I'd ever seen him look shy.
"Good. Um, actually Jay.. I wanted to play you something." He smiled a small, crooked smile. I had never seen him smile like that, and it actually made me feel a bit dizzy. I had to wait a second before I could answer.
"Really? Awesome Alex, I'd love you to play for me." I blushed, yet again, and he chuckled softly.
"I don't know if it's very good, but I wanna know what you think ok? I wrote it last week, and I just want someone else's opinion. You have to be honest alright?"
"I will be, I promise."
"Okay..And you better not laugh." I shook my head and pretended to zip my lips up, like I used to do when I was a kid. He grinned briefly, and then looked down at the guitar and fixed his fingers on the right chords.
He began playing. . and was actually really, really good. But a whole new level of good was reached once he opened his mouth to sing. I hadn't been expecting him to sing, and I was completely taken back when he did. His voice was.. was husky, but still very smooth.. It was deep, and yet he hit any higher notes required perfectly. And the look on his face when he sang, and when he held the longer notes. . He would look right in my eyes and grin every now and then, but all i could do was just sat there with my mouth hanging open in awe. I was just so stunned. He was... amazing!
Then he strummed the last chords, and looked up at me.
"So.. What'd yah think?" He looked pretty serious, but I could see his eyes sparkle with excitement.
"Alex... I can barely even put that into words.. that was fucking unreal." I shook my head in amazement, still getting over it. I just didn't realize he was that good. "I've never.. I never expected.. Dude you have got fucking talent!"
"You really think so?" He smiled a huge smile, and I nodded saying,
"Seriously. And the song.. You wrote that yourself?"
"Yup. All by myself." I could tell he was proud of it.
"What's it called?"
"Um, Hit The Lights.. I think I'll call it that." He handed me a little sheet of paper with lyrics scribbled all over it.
"I can't believe it. Lex, you are awesome. You needa join a band or something. Like really, talent like that should be noticed."
"Well, Rian, Zack and I were thinking of doing something like that. I mean Zack plays guitar as well, and Rian is fucking awesome on drums.. But a three man band? I don't know, don't think it would work out well."
Don't say it Jack. Don't say it. You'd never be good enough. Don't say it...
"Well ... I um.. I mean, sometimes, I play guitar a little bit... I'm not very -" I was cut short by Alex in an excited frenzy. Why did I fucking say it..
"Wait, what? You play?! JACK no way!"
"A little.. I'm not very good though, really I don't think I'd be good enough for a band..."
"I bet you're awesome. You gotta play me something Jay!"
"Alex are you kidding? No way, not after that amazing performance.. I couldn't-"
"Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaase? Do it for me Jacky.." He raised his eyebrow seductively and it made me feel all funny inside.
"Tell you what.. I'll play you something for.. a kiss?" I grinned slyly, knowing I could change the subject and avoid having to play for him. He looked as though he was considering my offer. Then he smiled.
"Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me.." He moved his guitar off the bed and leaned it against the bedside table. He moved so as he was laying back on his bed and signaled at me to come over near him. I did, and when I got right beside him he pulled me down so as I was laying on his pillow, my head right beside his. I grinned as he played with my hair a little, and I placed my hand softly on his waist. He looked me right in the eyes and I knew I couldn't keep myself back any longer. I pressed my lips right onto his, and he kissed me back instantly. He still had his hand ruffling through my hair, and I moved my hand around so it was on his lower back, slowly moving it towards his ass. I felt him smile through the kiss, so I kissed him a little bit harder, and he pulled me into him. My chest was so close to his we almost felt like one person. Then I moved him, so as he was laying flat on his back, and I was laying on top of him, all the while still kissing him. One of his hands was around my neck now, and the other was moving up and down my back slowly. He played with the bottom of my shirt, and then pulled it upwards revealing my bare back. I pulled away from his lips for a second and helped him take off my shirt fully. He smiled up at me, a soft smile, and I grinned back. I pulled at his shirt, and he sat up and let me take if off him, revealing his gorgeous, slightly tanned chest. I pushed him back down again, and he pulled me down onto his lips. He rolled me over then, so as I was laying on my back, and he was on top. He felt so big, and masculine around me. His body was warm and cozy as it lay up against mine, making the making out feel that little bit better.
Thats when he started playing with the top of my pants. I felt him trailing his fingers along the waistline, and then he reached down a little to the buckle. He got it undone quickly, with one hand, which I have to say impressed me. He was just about to open my button when I pulled away from him and spoke.
"Alex.. wait." I was pretty breathless now. I mean, anyone would be after that.
"What's wrong?" He pressed his forehead against mine and I felt his chest rise and fall up against mine, and I could feel his heart beating fast.
"Nothing, nothing.. It's just.. I'm not sure if I'm ready.." He smiled a cute little grin and kissed me softly on my lips, before saying,
"I understand Jay, don't worry. We can wait.." I pressed my lips against his softly once more, before pulling away and smiling at him. He smiled back reassuringly and then moved so as he was laying right beside me. I put both my arms around him and just held him as he rested his head against my chest.
"I like this Lex. I like this a lot."
"Me too Jay."He replied softly, as he traced his fingers up and down my side. "So much for playing for me.." He chuckled and I grinned, knowing I had distracted him well.
And I can honestly say I've never felt more peaceful.. more happy.. more at home in all my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
not really sure about this one.. what to you guys think? feedback would help me so much <3