Fighting Never Seemed So Right

First Impressions

"Uhh, thanks..." she trailed off, sounding unsure of herself, like taking a complement didn't happen often for her. Wyatt watched as some color added to usually pale cheeks and couldn't help the large boyish grin that covered his face. He liked this girl. She's quiet and observant, can obviously hold information in that brain of hers and he could just tell they'd have a great partnership. Of course, he hadn't mentioned it to her yet. It went through his mind the moment she came for her interview, the passion she held for this field was undeniable. By first glance he knew she had talent.

He'd hoped he wasn't staring as he thought, taking a quick breath he changed topics. "Anyway! I need you to stay late today, about three hours. We have a belgian malinois being dropped off for schutzhund tr-"

"We do schutzhund trainging?!" Nelli cut him off. She was clearly looking forward to it, her dark blue eyes going wide in excitement. "I haven't gotten to try it out but I have this GREAT training method for the bite work, it's supposed to make them less hesiant when they launch their body." She continued speaking but Wyatt didn't hear any of it. He just saw her hands moving as she explained the technec, body animatidly helping. He couldn't help but notice she couldn't exactly be described as thin, though she did have a flat stomach and curves in all the right places, it was the just barely thick thighs that were visible because of the running shorts she was wearing. But upon closer examination he realized they were thick with muscle. For some reason she wore a deep green bathing suit under her clothes, you could see the color through her white shorts and the overly large light green t-shirt she wore.

Wyatt ripped his eyes away from her lean legs when he heard her asking him a question. His eyes snapped up to meet hers. They looked accusing. "We'll continue this descution later." She looked pointedly at Mrs. Hikens, the woman that he'd left her with. She walked towards them, a pitch black dog jumping wildly and trying to break away from the owners hold.

Both of the trainers immediatly ran their eyes over the dogs body, taking in every detail -color, size, coat, eyes, tongue, tail, structure. Nelli almost laughed to herself. This dog obviously had German shepherd in it. Training was going to be a breeze. When the woman finally made it to the two workers she huffed loudly and shoved the leash into Nelli's hands.

"Just do what you need to. I'll be back in three hours to pick her up." She'd turned sharply and started to stalk away when Nelli spoke up.

"Excure me, ma'am?!" The lady unhappyily turned around and look at Nelli. "Uh, did you want to talk over prices? Or stay for the training? It's actually better if you are involved during the training, it strengthes the bond between the two of you and I'm also prefer if you did a domance meconisiom for me. Also, if you don't want to do any of the training can I recommend boarding her. It's an additional fifteen dollars while you don't have to worry about driving here everyday for pick up and drop offs, she'd also be getting better socialization which is crucial for her at this age. We can include vet check-ups at an additional coast, veirying depending on what you need done, weither it's simply health check or update on shots...." She trailed off when the woman looked at her like she had three heads. "Or...or, I'll just do the first session and show you the ropes when you come to get her later." She swallowed heavily in embarresment. She just knew Wyatt was staring at her as well but was too nervous to look at him. Had she screwed up? She'd certainly talked her head off.

The older woman took a step toward Nelli, eyes narrowing. She took another step, turning and doing a half cirlce. Her eyes scanned the girl, almost like a predator would its prey. A chill went down Nelli's spine. Mrs. Hikens glanced at her face for a few seconds before nodding and turning toward Wyatt. "I like her. Where'd you find this one?"

Wyatt's eyes widened slightly at the compliment; she almost never gave them out. "Dunno much about her. She came to me yesturday and I immediatly knew she an extra uhmph in there." Nelli blushed at their words, looking at her foot and playing with a fallen leaf. They continued talking as if she wasn't present. "Had to have her, hired her on the spot. Anyways, how are you, grandma? It's been months." Nelli looked from Mrs. Hikens to Wyatt and back, in shock.

"Grandma?!" She heard herself blurting before either could say anything. Her loud tone made her wip her right hand up and cover her mouth, and then got even more embarrased that she actually covered her mouth. It showed she had no control over herself. She couldn't have turned any redder. She saw both of them grinning at her, Wyatt with that boyish smile of his.

"Yes, grandma. Every newbie gets the treatment. I get to see how they do when throw into something unprepared, how they react under pressure and how they are with customers. You've got to have that special....charm. Which you do, no doubt." He winked at her quickly, smile not faultering and then contining. "Not to mention the brutually honest and always-right judgement of my grandma." With one last smile he wrapped put an arm over Mrs. Hikens shoulders and steared her in a different direction, already talking animatidly.

Nelli sighed. Something tugged on her arm, making her look down. Oh. Right. The dog. She glanced around, seeing nothing she could do with the pup. Guess I'm training her. And so she started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapta two :)