Status: New.

Mr. President

Chapter Unus

In recent news, the Presidents youngest daughter came home from the treatment facility she admitted herself to last January. Aphrodite, who has a record contract with Belle Records, has not had any interviews since her release last month. The only statement we have from her is that she is working on music and spending time with her family. Her father, who will be running again in two years, thanks everyone for their words of support for his daughter during the darkest time in her life. Tonight is the annual Easter Ball at the White House. Miley Cyrus and beau Liam, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato and the Jonas family (Danielle, Elvis and Riley included) are all rumored to attend. Who isn’t, the President’s daughter herself. Could it possibly be too much, too soon? Or is she attending and no one knows about it?

“Daddy, I think I want to release a statement.” I spoke walking into the oval office.

“And why is that Aphrodite?”

“I think that sharing my story could help a lot of people. I want people to know the truth. I don’t want to seem like I’m trying to hide anything because I’m not.”

“How about tonight, at the Easter Ball?”

A smile broke out on my face, “Thank you so much Daddy. I’ll go get ready.”



“Dude, we’re going to the Easter Ball, at the White House, with the actual President of the United States.”

“And his daughter.”

“She’s not going to be there Joe, she just got out of rehab for…well no one knows. But she’s not going to be there.”
“Aw, is little Nicky upset?”

“No, Joseph. Would I love to talk to her? Yes. But I’m not sad that she’s not coming because it could cause more problems for her. I want her to get better and if that means that the one chance I have that I could have possibly talked to her, I won’t be able to. Then fine.”

“She’s so out of your league, Nick. Hell, she’s out of everyone’s league.”

“Shut-up Joe, you don’t know that.”

“Come on guy’s time to go in.”



“Who’s left?”

“Just the Jonas family.”

“Thanks Jace.”

I’m sitting back behind the stage where my father is welcoming everyone. In less than five minutes I’m going out there and talking. I think I’m going to be sick.

“It’s time Aphrodite.”

“Ok, let’s get this done. Forward!”

”And now, I would like to introduce my daughter, who would like to share her story.”

Now or Never.

I walked on the stage. My father smiled at me, Jace by my side, about 100 people staring at me…shocked. I wasn’t supposed to be here.

“Hi everybody. I’m Aphrodite and as many of you know, I spent the last three months of my life in a treatment facility. What most of you don’t know is why. I would like to start off by saying; none of this is my father’s fault. His run for presidency two years did not cause my problems. My problems are a result of constant bullying and hurtful comments from the public. I went to the treatment facility back in January to get treatment for my eating disorder which is called EDNOS and with my self-injury, which was in the form of cutting.” I spoke. I noticed one pair of eyes glued to me whereas others looked in the direction of me but not at me. “I decided to get help when my EDNOS became so severe that it began affecting my diabetes in a way that caused me to be hospitalized. This was my wake-up call, when I truly realized I had a problem and I needed help.”

I thanked them and walked of the stage. Jace by my side as always.

“You did good Princess.”



“I thought you said she wasn’t going to be here?”

“I guess she changed her mind.”

“Well, are you going to go talk to her or are you going to sit here thinking about it?” Danielle asked.

“Sit here and think about it?”

“No you’re not Nick. Take Elvis and Riley and go say hi.” Danielle put Riley in my arms and pushed me in the direction of Aphrodite. Well here goes nothing.

“Hi, Aphrodite.”

“Nicholas. I’m Aphrodite, but you knew that.”

“Yes, the question is, how do you know me?”

“You’re a Jonas Brother, everyone knows who you are. Plus you have Riley and Elvis. Kevin would have Danielle with him and Joe would have hit on me by now, so though process of elimination you must be Nicholas.”

“You’re right. About everything.”

“I’m sorry?”

“Kevin would have Danielle with him and Joe would have hit on you by now.” She laughed. She actually laughed at something I said. God is on my side.

“Just between you and me, I like the shy, sensitive, piano playing type. You know the ones with beautiful brown eyes and curly hair.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please.