Status: first ever fiction is up! please comment and subscribe! you can post suggestions too! :D

Taking Risks

Dance Disaster

Taylor waited in the living room while I finished fixing myself. This red and black dress flowed freely, just the way I liked it. My hair was tied up in a bun with few streaks left touching my shoulders. I went down the stairs and saw him, his jaw fell open. What the hell? Do I look hideous? My mom was smiling at me and my dad was slightly glaring at Taylor. Okay, something is really wrong.

“How do I look?” I shrugged

“You look amazing, Andie!” My mom said cheerfully. I’m quite sure everybody in the neighbourhood heard it.
“Mom!” I whined.

“Y-yeah. You really look beautiful, Andie.” Taylor commented, looking nervously at dad.

I blinked. Is he joking? “Thanks.” I mumbled.

When we arrived at school, the crowd was just wild. A lot of students just shout here and there. Mrs. Bridges are kind of scolding the football team to put the punch bowl back to its rightful place. It’s just so weird and wild. Honestly, it’s my first time to go to the dance since last year was... I don’t even know how to describe it. Let’s just say that it’s a love story went wrong.

“Hey. Do you like something to eat or whatever?” Taylor’s voice brought me back to reality.

“Uhmm... yeah, sure. Thanks. I’d like some punch.” I smiled
He nodded and went towards the table.

---

Holy crap. I swear I could die right now. She just looked so beautiful. I even said that in front of her parents. Got the guts, kid. I thought to myself. Oh right, what was I about to get for her? Punch. Wait, where’s the punch bowl?

---

It’s been almost 10 minutes since Taylor left. Where is he? I tried to find him by going to the table where food and whatever-it-is-that-you-need was placed, but he wasn’t there. When I was about to turn around, I hit on somebody. One hard body.

“Whoa. Easy there.” he laughed

I took a step back, “Sorry.”

“Ah. It’s okay. No harm made.” He has this model-ish smile with him. He’s cute and all, but I think he’s not my time. Yeah, I think.

All I did was to smile at him

“Wait a second, why is a beautiful lass like you doing here alone?” oh great. That’s when I realized he has this British accent with him. Oh and by the way, is he flirting with me?
Out of politeness – since I don’t want to kick his ass because he’s hot – I smiled and said,

“I’m with my friend. I was just waiting for him.”

He nodded, “Him, eh?” he paused, “ah. Very well. Would you mind if I stay here with you?”

I blinked. Are you kidding me? “Uhmmm... yeah. Sure. I guess.”

“Splendid! Oh heavens, where are my manners?” he cleared his throat. “I’m David.” He flashed his million dollar smile. “And you are?” he took my hand.

I looked at his hand under mine. “Andrea.” Then I was surprised by the kiss he placed on my knuckle.

---

It was just then when I saw the punch bowl. Now it was a nice weird hat on some geek’s head. Poor guy. I decided to go and pick up a bottle of water near the dance floor. Afterwards, I found Andie talking to David. They seem to be having fun with each other. Crap. Why do I feel like this? Stupid jealousy.

David Matthews is the guy-all-the-girls-want type. And there he is, hitting on the girl I love. Screw that. Then I saw Andie’s eyes looked at me and smiled. She excused herself and went towards me.

“There you are!” she smiled

“Sorry about that. Well...I got lucky to find this.” I handed her the bottle of water. “Some guys just played with the punch bowl and all.”

She nodded. “Yeah. I kind of saw that.” She paused, “I thought Mrs. Bridges already took care of it.” Then she fiddled the bottle. “So I got a little worried about you.”

---

Did I just say that? What the hell? Okay. I was telling the truth! I thought those punks bullied him or whatever. His eyes widened and blinked, “Sorry.” he mumbled.
Well, the rest of the party was completely boring. It was just so loud and all, but when the music started slowing down, the place seemed a little smaller than before. I glanced at Taylor’s direction and saw him looking at me. I don’t know why, but I feel weird at some point.

“Hey.” He said.

“Yeah.” I looked up to him.

“Would you like to...uhmm...dance?” he looked down at his shoes.

I nodded, “Sure. I’d like that.”

He smiled and took my hand.

---

We’re dancing. Isn’t this amazing? I should tell her how I really feel, but when I was about to, someone tapped me on the shoulder. Oh great, if it wasn’t Mr. Knight-in-shining-armor David. Stupid bastard.

“May I take her for a dance?” He smiled.

As if I have to argue with him. Well, I could. But not in front of her. “Sure.” I nodded at Andie
and walked away.

I stood a little too far away from them. I felt like he stabbed me in the heart. I just want to kick his ass. I know he’s just messing with her, and I don’t want to see her hurting. It’s all just one big piece of crap. He was smiling at her, looking in her eyes. And she was just smiling back at her.

“I should’ve said no.” I mumbled.

---

David has this really guy-next-door thing going on. His green eyes stared back at me, with his blond hair and captivating smile. Oh wow, I think I’m having this crush on him. Pinch me I must be dreaming.

“You look stunning.” He smiled

“Thanks.”

“Can I ask you something?” he chewed his inner cheek

“What is it?” I said

He looked at Taylor’s direction and I followed his gaze, he’s looking back at us, “Are you and Taylor...”

I cut him off, “we’re best friends.”

He grinned, “Sure about that?”

“Of course. Why?” I looked at him

“Nothing.”

I never really noticed that we’re too close to each other. To a normal person, this distance is pretty suffocating, but I’m not a normal person. Besides, I feel comfortable and safe when I’m with this guy. God, I can’t even take my eyes off his lips.

Oh, have I ever mentioned that I’m pretty clumsy? Apparently, there’s this guy – probably a football player – nudged me to David’s direction. And with that, the distance between us closed. My lips fell on his. I should’ve pulled away, but when he kissed me back, I have no idea when the hell I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! sorry it's kinda confusing.. i think. enjoy! comment and subscribe! :)