Status: first ever fiction is up! please comment and subscribe! you can post suggestions too! :D

Taking Risks

Confrontations

It was a sunny Wednesday morning and it’s our break time. As usual, I stayed in the Music Room to play the piano. I know I should get distracted, so I planned on joining the music club anytime soon. If Andie will ignore me while she’s with that David, I’ll probably keep myself occupied.

“I knew it. You’re still here.” A voice said. Yes, it’s Andie.

“What do you want?” I said coldly, still looking at the black and white keys in front of me.

“I’m sorry, okay? I overreacted.” She said softly.

“Yeah, you did.” I mumbled. “What do you want?”

“Have you talked to my mom yesterday?” One word. Busted.

“I just went to your house to ask for something.” I paused. “My mom was having this problem with her garden.” I just hope this works.

“Have you talked to her about David?” I feel her moving closer to me.

“No. Why?” I tried to sound as calm as I could, but I completely doubt that it worked.

She sighed. “Nothing.”

“Look Andie.” I looked at her for the first time. “I’m just concerned for you. That douche bag might do something unpleasant.” I waited for her to answer, but when she didn’t, I continued. “You deserve someone better than him.”

“Really? Who would that be anyway?” She crossed her arms over her chest.

Me? As tempting as it felt, I tried my best to keep it to myself. “I don’t know. You don’t have to rush everything.”

“I know, but he’s just so amazing.” She sat beside me. I could see her green eyes, they show sadness.

“You’re going to regret everything after.”

She nodded. “I’m willing to take that risk.”

“You really don’t know what you’re doing, Andrea.” I stated.

“Really?” She snorted. “Then please, Oh, Great Taylor, educate me.”

“I’m just concerned about you, okay?” I spat.

She sighed. “You already said that to me. I really appreciate it, but I really like him.”

I nodded slowly. “Fine. If that’s what you want, then go for it.”

I stood up and left. I tried to look as calm as I could, and I think I’m pulling it off. I walked down the hall for my next class, Biology. And like what I said, David is there with his good ole friend, Patrick. Like the usual, I sat in front of them. During the discussion, I could hear them talking about the date David and Andie had last night. From the movie they watched until the part where they ate in the park.

“She’s amazing, man.” He uttered.

“Really, eh? Did you two...” Urgh. Don’t even answer that one, David. I might kill you on the spot.

“Did what?” He paused. “Kiss?”

“Yeah, bro. Did you?” In the sound of Patrick’s voice, he was definitely teasing him.

“Well, yes. We did.” My eyes widened in surprise. HOW COULD SHE BE SO STUPID? Wait, he might be testing me.

“Yeah. That’s my guy.” Patrick laughed.

“Matthews! Schmidt!” Mr. Johnson shouted, pointing at both of them. “Would you like to share your conversation to the class?”

They both went silent. Ha! That’s more like it.

In a more serious note, I need to convince Andie about this guy. I still don’t like him. And they kissed? This should be some kind of hoax or something. I could feel resentment deep inside me while I fiddled with my pen. My lab partner, Josh, looked at me and said tersely. “You okay, dude?”

I nodded and cleared my throat. “Yeah. I just thought of something.”

Biology became uneventful after that. Some of those things Patrick and David talked about became wispy as the day went on. Like the usual, I walked home when I left school. It just sucked that they kissed. I know I’ve been repeating this phrase for the nth time, but I just can’t believe that Andie fell for it.

“Hey wait up!” Speak of the devil.

I stopped. She looked at me, breathlessly, hands on her knees. “We usually go home together, T.”

“Yeah. Usually.” I said, monotonously.

She stood up straight, her lips forming a straight line. Here we go again. “You’re still mad.”

“You kissed him.”

Her eyes widened then she looked away. “It’s not what you think it is.”

“Yeah. It’s not.” I said wryly.

She scowled at me. “Fine,” She sighed. “We did kiss. Happy?”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I could feel anger rushing through my veins.

“Because you might be mad at me, and I don’t want that.” She said, almost inaudible.

“Why would you...kiss him?” I stopped walking, she did too.

“Because...because,” She said, still not meeting my gaze.

“See? You don’t even know why.” I sighed in resignation and walked away.

I was never expecting her to follow me, and she never did. I felt a big lump on my throat as I walked in this lonely road. I almost felt like I’m about to choke and die because of that lump. No cars were passing and everything was just dead quiet. What was this I was feeling? Guilt? Anger? Whatever it is, it’s making me less pleased of this day.

Another thought came to my mind as I walked in our hallway. Then I remembered, it was the 15th of the month. My dad was sitting on the dining table, pushing the food on his plate. It was quite peculiar that he’s home this early, but like I said, it’s the 15th.

“You’re home.” He said, still staring at his food.

I nodded and walked towards the table. I sat across him and said, “What shall we do today?”

He chuckled, “We should visit your mom if you’d like that.”

My brows furrowed. “That’s new. For all I know, you don’t like that. You never suggested that one before.”

“I just miss her.” He blurted out.

Me and dad never really talked about mom ever since she died 3 years ago. Every 15th of this month, it was only I who really cared of bringing flowers to mom’s grave. I usually do that every after class, but now...I suddenly forgot.

“Okay.” It was the only thing I said. I don’t need any other explanation from him.

We arrived at the cemetery at around six in the evening. Mom’s grave was almost covered with leaves and dirt. Well, before, I was the only one who cleans it when I’m here, but now, I’m with dad. This is probably one of the most awkward situations I ever had. Since I never talked to him so much because of his business trips every month, I got used of living alone.
After mom’s grave looked cleaner, dad placed the flowers – sunflowers, mom’s favourite – on the grave. It’s quite weird that we place sunflowers there, but we don’t really care. I sighed as I tried to remember the things mom taught me when I was little.

“You want to talk to her?” I broke the silence between us.

He didn’t answer, that was my cue to leave. I walked passed different shapes and sizes of graves and stones. I was fascinated by the fact that my dad finally gave in and went here. Since mom died, he never set foot on this place. Being a kid, I felt like he stopped loving mom after that. And here I am now, waiting for him as he tells captivating stories about his trips to Europe and on how he misses her so much.

A tear fell on my cheek as I remembered my parents laugh out loud with me when I was little. Mom is probably the best person I’ve ever met. At least for once a year I get a chance to grieve about her. Her radiant smile that calms me down and every hug she gave me just comforts me.

“What are you doing here?” A voice brought me back to reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. Obviously, I got bored tonight, so I've decided to post a new chapter again! Haha! Enjoy! Comment and Subscribe please! :)