Status: I'm wondering where this will go as well :]

My Kazekage

Caught in the Moment

I groaned stretching my sore and aching muscles as I tried to shake away the pain from a grueling weapons training with Gaara. I'm still surprised I was able to make it home and not collapse in the middle of the training grounds after the agonizing for to five hour lesson. He'd made me throw those senbon over-and-over-and-over again until I could do it blindfolded, relying on my other senses to paralyze or kill the moving target in a single hit. My arms use to this kind of abuse with the jōhyō still felt heavy after the extreme practice session.

Too tired to even muster up a reply I'd painfully nodded when Gaara had informed me to meet him back here the same time tomorrow for a crash-course in Genjutsu.

I could've asked for a day of rest but I knew what he'd say (what he always said), 'Enemy's won't give you a break because you're tired, why should I?' So I'd only nodded staggered home and practically passed out in an ice filled bathtub. An extreme waste of the precious cold water but I would just have to teach a few more classes at the academy to pay off the large price for the liquid gold.

One of these days I'd have to save up the money to buy a freezer instead of paying the outrageous price for ice, a luxury in my steaming desert city. The cost had been worth it, because although I was achy my pain had been stifled to a manageable level by the cool water.

Rolling my shoulders I sighed in relief as I heard a pop, and felt the building tension leave my body.

Gaara having a meeting at our usual lunch time allowed me to still be home sloppy ponytail slapping the back of my neck as I skated around my simple apartment barefoot, bicycle shorts and a lucky t-shirt the only cloths I wore. A pot of white rice and a tea kettle boiled quietly on my stove as I sat on the small metal balcony attached to my apartment. Laying my head on the warm metal railing I allowed my bare feet to dangle over the edge kicking lightly at the air as I watched a familiar spice vendor barter goods out of her well used stall. The smells of the barbecued pork, grilled seafood, and various incense were carried by the wind to my awaiting nose. The market along with all of its sights and smells was one of the reasons I loved my overtly simple apartment.

I never wanted to be a princess as a little girl, nor did I want a lavishly decorated home. I was a Ninja, a simple and practical home always suited me, and even though I dreamed of traveling the world, I'd never want to come home to any other place than my studio apartment.

Having the simple layout made me shy away from clutter and helped keep me up-to-date on my strict cleaning regiment. It was orderly, clean, and each piece of space was well used; just the way I liked it.

I smiled lightly as looked through the open glass door, my eyes flashing to the now buzzing timer on my white counter signaling my rice was done. Pulling my legs up I walked back into my house leaving the door open as I always did. Although it was well into the 90's outside, the strong gusts of wind that called the Wind Nation home easily cooled off my house for free, so I seldom closed the door finding the free cooling system more efficient like most of my native neighbors.

Poring a large portion of white rice into a bowl, I fumbled around the kitchen for a second before locating my chopsticks and a bottle of furikake, wasting my healthy lunch I put a large quantity of the salty condiment over top. Pulling my body up on the counter I hastily dug into the delicious lunch.

Sighing as a knock sounded at the door I put my half-eaten bowl down before going to answer my front door. I only blinked as Hayate barged into my house not even waiting for me to invite him as he made his way to my kitchen.

"Is the tea done?" He asked staring at my kettle his eyes only flashing to mine for a moment before he started opening cabinets.

"What are you doing?" I demanded outraged at his invasion. I've only met him maybe ten times at most, and now he's walking around in my kitchen going through my cabinets like he owns the place!

"Looking for a cup, you really should label your cupboards better; my mother always keeps the tea strainer with the glasses in the cupboard next to the stove, that way it's easier for your guests.... But then again, my mother also offers her guests drinks, which you've yet to do. Not very hospitable if you ask me," Hayate replied over his shoulder as he finally found the cups, but was still searching for my strainer.

"Okay, first off, I meant 'what are you doing in my house,' not 'what are you looking for!' Second, a tea strainer is a utensil I keep it with the chopsticks, and last you weren't invited in so you're not a guest!" I yelled pulling the cup out of his hands. People can't just barge into other people's homes demanding things, it's just not civil.

The brown haired boy stared at me for a moment eyes wide as he heard what I'd said to him, "I thought we're a team now- the whole, my house is your house type of thing?" He asked studying me with suspicious eyes before grabbing another glass out of my cabinet. I only sighed watching him take my strainer out and pore himself a cup of tea.

"Team by default... Hayate we've only worked on one mission together before," I added rolling my eyes in his direction. That mission had gone horribly by the way. Hayate had dropped the documents off the side of the bridge because Sari and him had been fighting over who got to hold them... Even though I was in charge, neither of them listened to my opinion. This meant that we had to look for the papers for three hours getting a serious scolding from our teachers when we appeared home four hours late.

"She told me to drop them," he replied smirking at me as he guessed what I was thinking about.

"How are we going to pass the exams if you guys act like dumb-asses?" I growled crossing my arms over my chest as I tapped my foot at the annoying wanna-be-ninja.

"Easy, my skills will cover for Sari and your lack of ability," He smirked looking me up and down as if sizing me up for competition. Licking my bottom lip I held in the anger I felt towards this brat, if anything I was the highest ranking ninja in our group; I'd been studying the longest, been on the most missions, worked with more advanced teachers, and have learned more about jutsus than this punk could imagine.

"Are you just going to drink my tea in my kitchen and insult me? I doubt you can back anything up Hayate... Even Sari could kick your butt." I added dryly as I watched his f ace turn bright red.

"Is that a challenge?" He asked standing up his eyes pressed into slits. His breath came out deep and thick as I watched his lean body shake with agitation, that had always been Hayate's downfall he was too easy to aggravate.

"Any time, any where, any kind," I added throwing him my most confident smile. I wouldn't have a problem showing this child where his place was, maybe in the future he'd listen to me when I told him things.

"Hour, Grounds 4, Taijutsu- be sure to leave your little toys at home," He barked motioning to my weapons I had laying on the table. I nodded tightly cringing on the inside, I was out of practice and my muscles were still sore, but I had no doubt I would still win; I had to.

"Be sure to go home and give your mommy a kiss, because I'm gunna kill you," I growled pointing to my door I watched as he made his way out only to watch him turn at my door, "I'd tell you to do the same... but," with a slight smirk he slammed the door leaving me behind with a petty jab and a raw burning in my chest. I'd make him regret his words.
♠ ♠ ♠
A casual update, I felt like adding a little tension, I thought as Hayate being the only OC in my story that I needed to include him so you guys could get use to him.