Status: On its way back! (07/07/13)

The Devil's Deal

Prologue.

Light. That was all I could see; it tugged at the edges of my soul like a vacuum, desperate to pull me into its depths. It wrapped its arms around me like I was a child, cradling me in its brightness and towing me further and further below. My face curled straight towards it, and it was as though I was blind, staring but not seeing at a shining mass of nothingness.

I heard his screams. I felt the blood trickling down my neck, and the cry that left my lips as I searched for his body. “Noah!” I screeched, but it was like a weight was sitting on top of my chest and I couldn’t move, let alone breathe. My world was spinning and I was becoming delirious, maddened by my desperation to ensure his safety.

I heard a deep, husky chuckle, and suddenly everything stopped. The lights disappeared, the blood stopped trailing down my flesh and the world around me froze. My breathing was all that could be heard; ragged and demented with fear.

Everything was frozen. To my left I could see his small body; his eyes clenched shut as though he was experiencing a nightmare. And he was. His death was around the corner, pulling at his innocent soul and threatening to drag it away from me.

There was blood on his face, and his forehead was cut open so deeply that it made me cringe. Pieces of metal were wrapped around his torso, flecks of the smashed car embedded into his skin as tiny cuts that were dotted with scarlet liquid. Glass was splattered all around him, and with a crazed cry I crawled towards his broken body, only to find that he was being pulled further away from me.

“Noah!” I cried, tears drizzling down my cheeks. “Wake up, baby. Please…get up!”

”He’s dead.” The words came in the form of a darkened laugh that echoed around me, and with a small shudder I searched for the source. A pair of lucid green eyes met mine and I flinched at the closeness, pushing myself backwards with a startled gasp.

“Who are you?” I whispered, my voice coming out as a frightened croak as I wrapped my arms around my body. “What do you want?”

A chuckle sounded out and the darkness melted away, revealing a man with midnight-black hair and sharp, emerald eyes. A ghost of a smile swept across his lips, revealing pointed teeth that brushed against his ruby lips. “Who am I?” He chuckled at the question, his lips curling up into a sneer as he examined me. A tongue darted out to wipe at his lips as he took a step towards me, causing me to freeze as fear flooded my body.

I didn’t know what he was, but he emitted the aura of someone that was to be feared.

“You may know me as Asmodeus, mortal, and I am here to make a deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy birthday, Kayla! <3
And thanks to all of the subscribers and commenters! This story should be updated weekly; most likely on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Feedback would be amazing!

Ash xx