Status: On its way back! (07/07/13)

The Devil's Deal

Five.

The car ride was tense with discomfort, but the green-eyed demon didn’t seem to notice. His deep green eyes were trained on the road, flickering across the dark night’s atmosphere as he drove along the pebbled road. If I was honest, I would admit that it amused me that a demon was driving anywhere, much less at the pace that he was going. As soon as I had stepped into the car I had assumed that he would be arrogant and drive like Edward Cullen, but I was positive that if it had have been me driving the car, we would have gotten to wherever the hell we were going already.

My mind travelled back to the hours before, and I felt a scarlet flush form on my ivory cheeks at the memory of him walking in on me in the shower. At first I had been powerfully, irrevocably furious at him, but eventually that had faded to sheer embarrassment and quite frankly… a little pride.

I wasn’t stupid; I had seen the way his dark eyes had trailed down my body, and though it had caused discomfort to spike in my heart, it made me sinfully happy that he hadn’t been disgusted. It wasn’t because I wanted him to find me attractive, but rather because I found it amusing that he claimed to hate humans so much, and yet didn’t deny the chance to look me up and down.

I looked over at him, my eyebrows furrowing slightly as I observed his features. Considering the fact that he was a creature from Hell and in possession of both my brother’s and my soul, I hadn’t allowed myself to fully take in his appearance. I was aware that he was attractive, but I had only looked at him with eyes that were tainted by dislike, and that had rendered my vision blurry and misshaped.

His inability to show compassion or really anything decent at all had caused despite to flicker like a flame in my chest and hatred to curl its hands around my heart. His heart was a black, un-beating stone, and mine was red with compassion and empathy and love. We didn’t fit, we weren’t compatible, and if being a demon wasn’t a deal breaker then I didn’t know what was.

Letting out a sigh, I allowed my eyes to travel over his face, taking in his defined features. His dark, charcoal-coloured hair clouded the top of his face, and it shone like it was flecked with diamonds in the moonlight. His lashes were long and dark, and curled in front of deep, endless green eyes that were always open windows to his ruthless soul. His jaw was taut and sharp, and his skin was a light ivory colour that had been paled from years spent underground.

But his lips… they were my favourite. They were long and thin but richened with the most perfect scarlet-colour, almost as though they had been spotted with blood and had darkened like a ripening apple. Although they were generally curled into a sneer or a scowl, they conjured up an image of dark and mysterious that fit him perfectly. If I could close my eyes and imagine a world in which creatures like him didn’t exist, a world in which his shaped hands didn’t hold control over my life, I would picture his face and see him smiling. In a world that was perfect, he would be human and his heart would be beating along with mine, and his soul wouldn’t be tainted with blood and weighed down by sin.

In a world that was perfect, I wanted to believe that he wouldn’t exist, even as a human. I wanted to believe that he wouldn’t be a part of my life, and that I would have never even met his eyes as I trailed through my years. But my mind was a crazed, fickle thing, and my perfect world seemed to stare back it me with lightened emerald green eyes.

But the world wasn’t perfect, and he was a monster. And I hated him.

“You’re staring, human.” I pulled myself out of my daze as I met his eyes, my face flushing slightly as I realized what I had been doing. “Do you find it unfair that I got a look at you and you haven’t had the chance to see me naked? Is that what this is?” I glared at him and he chuckled, the corners of his lips tilting up into an arrogant grin. “I could show you if you like, but that would hardly be fair. Your body isn’t nearly as nice as mine.”

Groaning, I rolled my eyes and turned to look out of the window, ignoring his probing stare. In a perfect world, Asmodeus definitely, definitely wouldn’t exist. I would make sure of it.

Image


The car stopped and my eyes snapped open, immediately trailing to the area that we had parked in. It seemed as though we were in the middle of a dry, grassless field, that was free from any form of wildlife or plants at all. I couldn’t see a fleck of green for miles, and it caused uncertainty to slither its way up my spine and crawl into my throat. It looked like the sort of place that you’d see on Criminal Minds, but the idea of Asmodeus killing me now seemed more than unlikely. As demonic and murderous as he was, he was having far too good of a time controlling me to give me up.

Or at least, I hoped.

Swallowing nervously, I popped open the door of the car and stepped out into the field. Hot, humid air immediately swept across my face and I flinched, sweat beading on my forehead as I reached my hand up to shield me from the sun. “Have we gone through a time-warp or something?” I asked, my voice echoing around like a shout as he stepped up beside me. “I can swear that it’s never been this hot in California before.”

He snorted, rolling his eyes at me as though I was a child. “There’s no such thing as a time-warp, mortal. Don’t add to your stupidity by asking me questions like that,” he sneered, digging his hands into the pockets of his jeans as he stared crankily at the empty area that surrounded us.

I closed my eyes in irritation, silently wishing that we were in Neverland and that by repeating the phrase ’I don’t believe in demons’ over and over again he would disappear. Feeling his eyes on my figure, I groaned and played the line through my head anyway. It was worth a try.

“Where the hell is he?” he snarled, and my eyes snapped open to see him staring with eyes of fire at our surroundings. “I told him to be here a-“

A cracking sound broke out across the night and I flinched, my heart thumping erratically as a man began to appear in front of me. Stepping back in fear, I trembled when Asmodeus pushed me forward in annoyance. “Where the hell were you, Gaap?” he growled, baring his pointed teeth at the demon that stood in front of us.

The man smiled, his hazel eyes gleaming with gold as he looked at me. His hair was blonde with streaks of black, and his body was small but taut with muscles. His eyes sparkled as they travelled down my figure, and I silently wondered whether Asmodeus was the only demon that hated humans so much.

The demon in question snarled, breaking Gaap out of his gaze. Rolling his eyes, the man stepped forward, grabbing Asmodeus’ arm in his fingers and reaching out to grab mind with his other hand. Frightened, I tried to pull myself out of his grasp but he just grinned, his hazel eyes shining as he looked at me with a toothy, excited smile. “You ready?”

I could barely let out a squeak of response before a cracking noise filled my ears and I felt my body being torn to pieces, blackness pulling me into its grasps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to post; I had exams so my life was absolutely crazy. But you have no idea how much I appreciated all of the feedback... you're all amazing, and I'm glad that you're liking this story so much. Please keep it up; I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I didn't edit this chapter, because I wanted to get it out before Kayla went to bed. ^_^ The next one should be out soon, and it will have the other guys in it.

Ash xx

Also, I have a few links for you. I've started a new co-write with my friend Billie-Mae, and it's called Love Like Winter, in case you want to check it out. I also have another story out that I'm writing for my friend Katie; Forget Me Not. Finally, I have a new, short Hollywood Undead story coming out, and if you like them, you can find it here: Hollywood. And that's all. XD