Back to Square One

Jealousy, Jealousy.

“Oh how I love being friends with the owner of where I work at,” Savannah sighed happily as we exited the restaurant.

“Hey, today’s the only exception because Hazelyn’s here,” Caleb rolled his eyes.

“Well, thank you for actually showing up unexpectedly after being gone for a year and a half - only telling us what country you’ll be in,” Chelsea perked up. We all looked at her dumbfounded. Is she that insensitive? “Hey, I’m just upset that you just sent us a group text message saying ‘I’m Going To France, please don’t tell Gabriel or anybody else. Only you three know. Caleb, Sav and Chels,’ I mean come on,” she sighed. We just kept staring at her, mouths slightly agape. “Okay, I’ll shut up,” she finally said and hung her head.

“I’m sorry,” Hazelyn spoke up, giving the trio an apologetic look. “It was complicated,” she sighed.

“Lyn, don’t trip. We already forgave you,” Savannah smiled at her, and tackled her in a hug. “Oh damn, have you been working out?” she laughed.

“Yeah,” Hazelyn boasted.

“Well, did you guys have any desert?” Caleb asked clapping his hands together.

“No,” Hazelyn replied. “Can we go grab some gelato? I’ve been craving it!” she pleaded with her cute puppy dog eyes that made me want to turn into a puddle.

“Of course,” Caleb grinned at her and wrapped his arms around her torso- making me flinch- and started walking.

“Ooh, Cal’s got your girl,” Savannah teased.

“I’m not his girl!” Hazelyn called out from several feet in front of us.

“Wait, so Lyn isn’t your girlfriend?” Chelsea asked- her voice not reaching Hazelyn. I shook my head and hung my head. “But you like her.”

“No, I don’t,” I defended.

“That wasn’t a question Jay,” she smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at the girl and kept walking. “So, how long have you known Lyn?” she asked me, picking up the conversation.

“Five years,” I muttered.

“So, you know her ex-boyfriend slash ex-fiancé?” I visually tensed, and my fist clenched. “Gabriel told us that she got engaged before. But some things went wrong, and Hazelyn couldn’t handle it, that’s why she ran away here. And when she left-,” she got cut off by Savannah.

“Shut up Chelsea,” Savannah hissed.

“Sorry,” she whispered. “I was just wondering,” she mumbled. “It’s just a shocker that she hasn’t said one bad thing about him. I mean, come on. If a guy messed up enough to make me call off an engagement. I think I’d be cursing at his name,” she scoffed.

“Chels!” Savannah warned again with a look, but Chelsea just rolled her eyes and looked back at me.

“So, do you know about him?” she asked with hopeful eyes.

I glanced at her. “I am him,” I mumbled.

Both girls’ eyes were wide in shock, their jaws dropped.

“Are you guys okay?” Hazelyn asked as she approached us.

“Uh, yeah. We were just getting to know each other,” Savannah saved. I think I’m going to like having her around.

“Oh, that’s nice. He didn’t share anything unnecessary, did he?” she asked eyeing me carefully.

“Naah. He just told us how he liked Florida and stuff,” Chelsea answered.

“Okay,” Hazelyn looked at me. “Well, Cal’s holding our place in line for us,” she said before joining him again and they continued their conversation.

“Okay, let me get this straight. You’re the Jay that Gab talked about?” Savannah whispered as we slowly inched our way towards the other two.

“I guess,” I shrugged.

“Damn boy. You got our girl over there fucked up,” Chelsea stated bluntly, causing Savannah to smack her. It would’ve been a laughing moment except for the fact that I knew that I fucked up. Fucked up real bad.

“Stop flirting! Get over here!” Caleb called out.

“Watch this,” Savannah smirked at me and plastered a smile on her face as she rolled her eyes and picked up our pace.

“Come on Cal. It’s only once in awhile I get to see a hot guy around here,” she cooed. Hazelyn’s eyes turned to slits as her fists clenched. A smile was tugging at my lips. “Right Ryan?” she smirked at me with an eyebrow raised. I internally laughed. She probably got the idea behind Hazelyn the only one calling me Ryan.

“Right,” I chuckled, and winked at her. It was followed by another girly giggle.

“You guys are more sickening than meat,” she muttered, making Caleb laugh.

“Meat hater,” Caleb stuck his tongue out at her.

“Whatever,” she huffed and ordered her gelato.

We went back to my place to spend more time with the three, and through the night, the trio shared with me Hazelyn’s random experiences during her stay here in Florida. Well… Her funny experiences at least. Once that contained of Hazelyn dumping water on a customer’s head for trying to hit on her while his date was in the bathroom. And one of her slipping in front of the hot life guard. And of course, Savannah’s constant flirting with me to get a reaction off Hazelyn.

“We gotta head home. I have to drop the girls back home,” Caleb said. “We’ll hang another day though,” he assured.

“Awww,” Hazelyn pouted and gave him a hug. My eyes narrowed. “Call me,” she smiled at him.

“Sure will princess,” he said as he hugged her again and kissed her temple. I was ready to shred him to pieces. “Well, we’re gonna go.”

Savannah and Chelsea took their turn hugging Hazelyn and promising each other for another day together before we leave. “I promise guys,” Hazelyn rolled her eyes.

“No more running away, right?” Chelsea asked, her eyes flashing towards me.

“No more running,” Hazelyn smiled at them and hugged them again.

“No funny business bro,” Caleb smirked shaking my hand. “Or I’d have to kill you.”

“Get in line bro. I’ve got a dozen of guys on my ass ready to kill me,” I said to him.

“I’m sure,” he chuckled as he gave me a man-hug. “Let’s go!” he called out as they walked out of the front door, Hazelyn and I standing just outside.

“Drive safe!” Hazelyn called out.

“Will do,” Caleb called back and got into his car.

Savannah jogged back towards me and grabbed my hand, scribbling something on it, and went back to the car, winking at me and mouthing out a ‘call me’ with her hand signals before she got in and they drove away with a wave.

I looked at my hand, quickly looking at the phone number and the word green. I saw Hazelyn trying to peer over my shoulder, but I just smirked and closed my hand, going back inside.

“My friends are off limits,” she said to me.

“Oh?” I asked boredly, my back turned towards her and a smile tugging at my lips.

“I know your game Dolciani, and you’re not victimizing any of them,” she hissed at me. “And since when have you let anyone call you Ryan?” she asked spitefully.

“I let you call me Ryan,” I shrugged as if it was nothing and turned towards her with a smirk.

She just glared at me and let out a frustrated growl and threw her hands up in the air. “I fucking hate you!” she yelled at me before stomping up the stairs and banging her door shut.

Step One: Jealousy. Green. Green is the color of jealousy, and she was oozing out loads of it.

I got ready for bed with a smile on my face. It was such a trip messing with Hazelyn. I don’t know what’s going through her mind or her heart, but one thing for I knew for sure was that she was jealous.

Sav. It’s Jay. I texted her once I got settled in bed.

Oh haaaay. How’s Lyn? Lol

Pissed. Haha! And the whole green thing. LOL

She’s crazy for you.

She hates me :(

Please. She hates me flirting with you >:D

That too. Haha. Well. Just wanted to say thanks. I’m heading off to bed. I don’t know what kind of crazy things your friendy would wanna do in the morning ;D

She’ll tire you out. No lie. Haha. Well let us know if you need anything. Goodnight.

I chuckled at the girls’ supportiveness and put my phone on the nightstand, charging it then drifted off to sleep.

~/~/~/~/~


I woke up to the annoying sound of my ringtone, making me grunt as I grabbed it. “Hello?” I mumbled.

“Are you still asleep?”

“Mom?” I asked.

“Yup. What are you doing today?” she asked.

I plopped my head back on my pillow, burying my face in it. “Nothing,” I said without thinking.

“Good. Let’s have dinner,” she said.

“Mom, I’m in Florida,” I stated.

“So am I.”

“What?” I asked my eyes wide.

“I’m in Florida,” she said slowly.

“Why?” I asked hysterically.

“I have a meeting here. Which you’re supposed to be attending. But I’ll let you off the hook for once,” she said. “if you have dinner with me,” she bargained.

What could make this damn dinner so fucking important?! “Fine,” I huffed and hung up without a bye.

I was drifting back to sleep when there was a loud bang on my door.

“Get up bitch!” I heard her melodic annoying voice on the other side of the door.

“What do you want?!” I shouted throwing a pillow at the door.

“Get up, your slut’s here!” she shouted back.

“Hey!” I heard another girl’s voice complain.

“Should I send her in so you can get your business taken care of?” Hazelyn asked ignoring her friend’s complaint.

“I’m getting up damnit,” I muttered as I got up from bed and opened the door, Hazelyn all up on my face. “What’s up your cute ass?” I asked as I pushed passed her going towards the kitchen and waved at the two girls gawking at me. Then I realized… I was shirtless.

“Will you put a damn shirt on?” Hazelyn hissed.

“Yes mom,” I rolled my eyes at her as I went back into my room, putting on a decent shirt and checked my phone. I heard the girls harshly whispering outside, so I stuck my ear to the door hoping to hear their conversation.

“Don’t stare!” Hazelyn whispered.

“Did you see those abs?!” I think that was Chelsea

“Yeah dude! Can’t believe you didn’t rip his shirt off and like, attack him like a rabbit right there!” Savannah.

“Guys!” I could hear the blush in Hazelyn’s voice. “That’s all Savannah’s,” she muttered.

“Please bitch. You’re crazy in-,” she stopped abruptly. “You know what? Nevermind,” she sighed.

I made my bed and walked out of my room, the girls just staring at me. “What? Is there something on my face?” I asked as I started wiping at my whole face.

“No. We were just talking about how Lyn thinks how fine you are,” Chelsea laughed as Hazelyn smacked her.

“She’s lying,” Hazelyn pointed like a child.

“So I’m not fine?” I frowned.

“No. I meant-,” I cut her off.

“So I am fine,” I smirked.

“Conceited ass hole,” she muttered. “They were just dropping by to check if I’ve killed you yet. And Savannah dropped by to see if your bed was vacant.”

Savannah eyes widened as she shook her head at me. I just smirked and winked at her, knowing how jealous Hazelyn was.
♠ ♠ ♠
No Savannah doesn't really like Ryan, she's just getting a kick out of seeing Hazelyn being a jealous bitch ;D ahhaha