Back to Square One

Cali-Cali-Cali-California

“Holy shit!” Hazelyn squealed as she ran to the group head on. Damn. Girl got balls. Even I wouldn’t dare do that.

“You’re back! In California!” Samantha squealed. “You bitch! I missed you!” she yelled.

“I missed you too!” Hazelyn squealed and hugged her again. She made her round to the guys and her brother….s?

“Holy shit! Where’s my sister?!” I yelled as soon as I caught sight of Tristan.

“Over here!” I hear her as she comes into vision and I charge full speed at her and squeeze her in a tight hug. “Damn, I should disappear for two weeks at a time. I haven’t seen a smile that big since- ,”she paused. I knew what that sentence was gonna end with. Since you and Hazelyn were together “I’m glad to be home,” she smiled.

“I am too,” I solemnly said.

“Damn, what did Florida do to you man?” Tristan shook his head as he put a hand on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at him and hugged him as well. In a more manly way. When we pulled away, I saw a huge grin on his face. “I’m glad both of you are still alive though,” he said as he eyed his sister and I. “I was expecting one of you dead after a week,” he scoffed.

I laughed out loud as I shook my head. “Let’s head up?” I asked and they all nodded, talking among themselves as I lead the group up with Kyle next to me.

“You look happy,” Kyle teased.

I just grinned at him and turned the tables. “Says the guy that always has a cheesy grin on his face.”

He smirked. “I could say the same about you,” he laughed.

I shook my head at my bestfriend and opened the door to the 8 bedroom mansion and stood at the foyer waiting for everyone to pile in.

“Just take whichever room you want. Feel at home,” I said as I handed Caleb the key to the front door.

“You sure man? I can get a hotel for the girls and myself.”

I shook my head. “That’s ridiculous. I told you guys I got it,” I said. “Plus, I’m excited to have my first house guests!” I grinned.

We let the trio unpack for their 2 week vacation as we waited downstairs for them.

“How was the trip?” Scotty smirked knowingly at me.

“How was the honeymoon Steph?” Hazelyn asked ignoring Scotty.

Stephanie raised her eyebrow at me and began telling us how their Bahamas trip went. She told us about how sweet Tristan made their first dinner and whatnot. She blushed after it, knowing they did it.

“Stop!” I yelled. “I do not want to get a mental image,” I said shuddering.

“Nobody’s giving it to you,” Hazelyn mumbled beside me.

“How was you guys’ trip?” Stephanie smirked.

“Terrible,” Hazelyn mumbled.

They all laughed at her expression. “Why? What happened?” Luke asked.

“Being stuck with this whore for 2 weeks? Yeah, I think I would be pissed off,” she said and crossed her arms.

“Please babe, you love spending time with me,” I winked at her.

“I’d like it better if I spent that time murdering you,” she hissed.

“Whoa there love birds. We don’t want part of your foreplay,” Jack scoffed. Hazelyn’s eyes widened at him as he just brushed it off. “Come on. I know how good sex is when you’re mad,” he said as if it wasn’t a big deal. Hazelyn looked horrified as everyone and I just busted out laughing.

“That’s not funny!” Hazelyn scolded making us all laugh even harder.

“What’s so funny?” Caleb asked as the trio walked down the stairs.

“Just how adorable Hazelyn is when she’s mad,” I smirked, making everyone immediately stiffen. Way to go Ryan. You just made it so fucking awkward.

“Shall we go out for dinner?” Kyle cleared his throat.

We all nodded and followed him out.

~/~/~/~/~


“Where are you staying tonight Lyn?” Savannah asked Hazelyn who was sitting in the front seat of the Rover. I was with the three girls and Caleb. Samantha and Kyle were with Jason and Nate while Scotty, Jack and Luke were with the newly-weds.

“Yeah,” Chelsea asked. “Are you staying with Ryan?” she teased.

“No!” the both of us said at the same time, and instantly glance at eachother with a light blush on both our cheeks.

“Defensive much?” Caleb scoffed and we both just shut up.

“That’s already occupied by Samantha,” she said, trying to hide the distaste in her voice. I looked up at the rear-view mirror, seeing Samantha and Chelsea giving me a knowing smile and Hazelyn’s cute frown. I lightly smiled as Caleb also gave me a subtle sideway glance.

Hazelyn’s phone rang, making her jump as she scrambled to look for it and finally pulled it out.

“Hello?” she mumbled. I heard a voice mumble and she reached over to press a few buttons on the screen up front.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey bro, can you drop Hazelyn off at the mansion?” Tristan asked through the speakers of the car.

“Yeah, no problem. She staying there?” I asked.

“Uhh.. Does she want to?”

“Do you want to?” I asked as I glanced at her through the rearview mirror. “Or should I take you to Santa Monica?” I asked.

She looked confused. “I sold the Santa Monica house,” she said.

I smirked. “I bought it,” I told her.

“Then it’s your place, not mine,” she said, as she looked ahead of her, straight out the windshield.

“Do you wanna stay there or not? I didn’t take your stuff out,” I said to her.

“Will you two make up your mind?” Tristan huffed. “Or else I’m gonna have to lock you two up together in that house,” he said.

I heard an excited whisper on the background and a smack. “I’ll go to Santa Monica,” Hazelyn said. “I kinda miss that house,” she mumbled.

“Santa Monica it is,” Tristan mumbled and the line ended.

“I’ll buy the house back,” Hazelyn said.

“You don’t have to,” I told her.

“If I’m staying in it, I’m buying it back.”

“It’s still under your name,” I sighed. I glanced at her and her mouth was slightly agape, and her eyes wide.

“Why would you do that?” she crossed her arms.

I just shrugged as I took the exit. “It didn’t seem right for anyone else to own that house,” I mumbled and glanced at my rearview mirror, jumping a bit as I saw the two other girls in the backseat that had been completely forgotten.

I went through the route that I’ve been through multiple times in the last three years. Though in those times, it was the times that I awfully missed Hazelyn. I would just sit in there and cry my eyes out. Very manly right? But Hazelyn is the only reason to bring tears to my eyes. That and dying pets.

“Did I hear that right? Hazelyn, you’re going to buy a house off Ryan?” Chelsea asked her arms crossed.

We finally pulled into the garage, along with our convoy and Hazelyn got out immediately, hoping to avert the question.

“I’m not done with you Lyn. What did you mean buy this- Shit. That’s huge!” Chelsea said eyes-wide at the two storey house.

I made my way to the door and opened it with the key I had, stepping in and followed by the rest of the crew. Kyle asked to borrow the key, so I gave it to him and followed the four inside as the others stayed outside of some reason. I ignored them and closed the door behind me.

“Damn,” Savannah muttered as she caught a sight of the inside. I kept it exactly the way it had been since 5 years ago. Everything still looked new and untouched because I kept them clean and maintained.

“You guys can go,” Hazelyn said as if it wasn’t an order.

“Not until you answer me,” Chelsea ordered determinedly. “How the hell can you buy this house when you can’t even buy a two bed room in Florida. Where we don’t have as much tax and our houses cost half as much as this one. Fuck, maybe even less,” she scoffed.

“Haze, I think it’s time to tell them,” I said as I put a hand on the small of her back.

“Get your filthy hands off me,” she hisses at me. “God knows where they’ve been at,” I immediately flinch back. She looks at the trio that had a confused look on their face, which made her facial expressions soften.

“Truth?” she asked.

“No Hazelyn, we want you to fucking lie to our faces,” Chelsea snapped irritatedly.

“Sorry,” she mumbled. “Well, first thing’s first. I’ve never lied to you guys. I just haven’t told you the whole story about me or my family,” she started. “Well, my name’s Hazelyn Mae DeLuca Macintosh. I’m from here in California. I grew up here in LA, but since I was 8, I’ve been travelling with my brothers, Nathan and Tristan- around the country. Then we were sent off to London to live with our aunt, and after awhile got sent back here in LA,” she took a breath. “People know me as Hazelyn Macintosh, daughter of the CEOs of Apple Inc, Calvin and Leslie Macintosh and this douche right here is the ex-fiancé,” she said with a scowl.

“I knew half that, but damn,” Savannah said. “And the whole time we thought you were as poor as us,” she scowled. “Bitch,” she mumbled.

“You’re not mad?” Hazelyn asked. The girls shrugged and shook their heads. “Wait, what do you mean you knew half of that?” Hazelyn asked them

“Oh I meant that we knew that Mr. Dolciani here is the ex,” Chelsea said in a cheery voice.

Hazelyn’s glare darted to me. “What the fuck is your business in telling them?” she screeched at me.

I just shrugged at her boredly, but the truth was that I was hurt of her reaction. She seemed so disappointed and humiliated. “Well, let’s go,” I said walking out the door.

“You’re leaving Hazelyn here?” Savannah asked me.

“No, she’s coming with,” I called out.

“What? Why did you take me here then?” she asked following after me and spun me around.

“Oh I took you here so you can see what you left behind, and what you can’t have,” I smirked and walked out, waiting for the others.

“I told you I’ll buy the damn house back,” she stomped after me.

“Too bad,” I smirked and got into the car, which Hazelyn followed me into.

“Get the fuck out of my car!” she yelled.

“Get the fuck in,” I spat back. She growled and slammed the door and got into the passenger’s seat.

“Hey you two! Stop fighting! You’re scaring them!” Kyle shouted out to us.

“Fuck off!” I yelled at Kyle. If Hazelyn wanted a fight, I’ll give her a damn good one. She thinks of me as a disappointment? A humiliation? Well fuck, two can play that damn game.

“Get in,” I snapped at the two.

“Don’t talk to my friends like that,” Hazelyn snapped at me.

“Then tell them to get into the fucking car unless they wanna walk!” I yelled at her, making her shut up.

The two girls looked at me wide-eyed and got into the other car - a clear sign that the guys had saved them from our blabbing and fighting.

I started the car and pulled out of the driveway and drove out of the neighborhood, aimlessly driving around the familiar roads. We ended up in front of the Starbucks she took me to years ago. I knew she was surprised, because I myself was surprised that I brought us there.

I got out of the car, slamming the door for show and walked into the coffee shop. I heard the other door shut before I got inside the building and heard quick light footsteps behind me.

I left the door open and walked straight to the counter.

“Grande Green Tea Frappuccino, extra matcha,” I said without looking up. “Make it two,” I said and pulled out my car, handing it to the cashier.

“Jay Dolciani, I never expected to see you around here again,” I heard a familiar voice, making me look up.

“Tasha,” I smirked. “I haven’t seen you in years,” I said and gave her a hug over the counter.

“Still as fine as ever Dolciani. Probably even hotter now,” she winked. I just smiled at her. “We should catch up sometime,” she suggested. “And maybe finish what we started that night,” she smirked suggestively at me.

I glanced at Hazelyn whom was just staring at her phone, and seemed to not have a single care in the world. I rolled my eyes at her and smiled at Tasha. “Sounds good,” I smiled at her.

She beamed at me. “Here’s my number,” she said and handed me the two drinks I got along with a piece of paper. “Call me when you’re free,” she winked and got back to work.

I chuckled to myself and walked over to Hazelyn handing her a drink.

“Go give it to your slut,” she hissed and walked out of the building and waited outside her car.

“What?” I asked to myself and followed after her. “What the hell’s your problem?” I snapped as I opened the car and we both got in.

“Nothing’s my problem,” she said calmly. “What’s yours?” she smiled sickeningly sweet at me.

“You’re being a bitch,” I told her.

“You’re being a whore. And you’re wondering why I’m not letting you get near one of my bestfriends,” she hissed.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“Picking up from where you left off?” she asked me disbelievingly. “Can you be anymore of a whore?!” she growled and looked out the window. “Just drop me off and go call her. Don’t drag my friends into your whorish business.”

“Are you jealous?” I asked her with a smirk playing on my lips.

“No, I am not,” she squeaked.

“Yes you are!” I pointed at her.

“I am not! You’re being a bitch! That’s why I’m acting this way!”

“You’re being defensive!”

“Stop being a bitch!”

“What did I do?”

“You’re being a whore!”

“You’re just jealous,” I said coolly.

“Why would I be?” she asked calmly. “And get that smirk off your face before I slap it off,” she huffed and crossed her arms.

I smirked at her. “Whatever floats your boat DeLuca, whatever floats your boat,” I sang.

“Stop being a bitch and which one’s your Frappucino?” she mumbled as she grabbed one and took a huge gulp out of it.

I stopped in front of her mansion and she hastily got out. “Park my car out back. The Skyline is back there. I finished working on it. It should drive fine,” she called out before closing the door and walking into the mansion with the drink I got for her.

I raised an eyebrow and did what she told me to do. I drove down to her garage and parked the car in the familiar spot and spotted the Nissan r34 GTR that she and I worked on before we went off to college.

The newly painted matte black car made my jaw drop and I instantly ran towards it. I popped the hood and my jaw dropped even lower. The wirings and everything were brand new - even the engine looked new, no older than 6 months. She was here? And nobody told me?

Worry about that later. She actually found time to work on it?

I smiled as I got in and drove to the front, jumping out and ran into the mansion, seeing that Hazelyn was leaning on the counter with her back to me and watching TV.

I snuck up behind her and put my arms around her waist, kissing her cheek. “Thanks,” I whispered to her ear. “The car looks and works great,” I smiled, as she turned around and faced me.

“Please, my brother worked on it,” she said waving her hand to wave it off.

I laughed. “Your brother can’t fix a car to save his life,” I smirked. “At least the one that didn’t hate me for three years,” I added. She blushed and looked down. “Well, I’m gonna go now. I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said as I backed away.

I was about to close the door when I looked back at her.

“Haze!” I called out to her.

She looked back at me and raised an eyebrow.

“Jealousy looks cute on you. Just don’t wear it often,” I winked at her and closed the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
YOU LOVEEEEE ME! MWUAHAHAHAH!
I hope this makes up for the time I didn't update :P
I'm expecting squeals and rants on my comments ;D