Back to Square One

Territorial

“Gaby?” Hazelyn beamed. Savannah nodded with a smile and Hazelyn instantly ran down the stairs. “Gabriel!” she squealed as her footsteps faded. My lips were still tingling. I couldn’t believe what just happened actually happened.

“What the hell?” I asked dumbly.

“Damn,” Savannah laughed. “She showed me,” she smirked at me with a wink. “That was her marking her territory.”

“Shut up,” I blushed. “That was all for the act.”

“Jay. Leslie left ten minutes ago,” she informed me. My face must’ve been surprised.

“But-but…,” I stuttered.

“If I were you, I would throw a party right now,” she laughed out before she headed back down the stairs.

I shook my head, confused of Hazelyn’s actions. I then went into the room, taking a shower and changing into fresh clothes for the rest of the day.

“Hey Jay,” Luke called out when I walked out towards the garden.

“What’s up man?” I greeted him with a man-hug.

“I was actually looking for you. I was just gonna tell you that Scotty, my brother and I will be leaving in the morning. Keir called us that he wanted us back training already,” he told me.

“Oh, okay. We’ll have dinner tonight with everyone then,” I suggested.

He nodded at me. “That sounds good. I’ll let the guys know,” he said before waving me off and walking back into the mansion.

“Hey bro bro,” my sister greeted as she walked out of the garden.

“Hey Steph. What were you doing there?” I asked.

She shrugged. “Just missed nice view up here. What about you? What’s bothering you?”

“What do you mean?” I asked walking past her and into the garden. She persisted though.

“You only come to the gardens when something’s bothering you.”

I gave her a shrug. “I’m just tired from work and everything.”

She scoffed. “Please Jay. You take care of the company no problem.”

“Stuff change sis. We get older, we take things more seriously. Shit happens and you’ve gotta deal with it.”

“Like Hazelyn not coming back to you.”

“I’m talking about the company.”

“We get older, we take things more seriously,” she mocked. “Come on Jerome. You fuck around, you don’t date. Since Hazelyn came back, you gone out and got drunk just because. Face it bro, she’s your fix,” she said with a smirk.

“No she’s not,” I scoffed. “Well, I’m gonna go run errands before dinner. Oh and we’re having dinner with the guys tonight. They’re leaving tomorrow morning. Keir called them up already,” I informed my sister, briskly walking away from her.

I heard her laugh from behind me. “We’re twins bro. I can practically hear your thoughts!” she called out to me.

I rolled my eyes at her as I grabbed my keys, wallet and phone from my room and ran down to the garage, driving to a familiar suburb.

I got out of my car and walked thought he front lawn and rang the doorbell. I heard the familiar voices and the door revealed a familiar face. “Hey Jay,” she greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

“Hey A, how’re you?” I smiled lightly at her.

“We’re fine. Deanna missed you,” she said stepping aside and opening the door wider for me. I stepped in and looked around the familiar house. It was a typical family home. Family pictures all around and some barbies here and there.

“Where’s Leon?” I asked her as I walked towards the couch.

“Deanna honey! You have a guest!” she shouted towards the stairs. “He was sent off a week ago, so Deanna has been looking for you more often,” she told me with a sigh.

“Well, I’m here now aren’t I?” I chuckled lightly.

“I really thank you for what you’ve done Jay. I mean after so much shit I put you through - breaking you and Hazelyn up yet you’re still here and helping me and my family. I wouldn’t even be mad at you if you decided to throw us out to the street,” she told me.

“Aud, I forgave you for that years ago. I’m still upset about the fact that I lost the one I love because of this whole thing, but I’m not mad. I’m happy to help. Deanna’s like my niece that I feel responsible for and through the years, I’ve seen that you’ve changed and have gotten more responsible. As long as you take good care of her, you don’t worry have to worry about a thing,” I smiled reassuringly at her.

She gave me a quick hug and a smile. “Thanks.”

“Uncle Jay!” I heard the little girl’s scream.

“Deanna!” I smiled at her as I kneeled on one knee, catching her small frame as she flung herself towards me.

“I missed you!” she squealed at me, sloppily kissing my cheek.

“I missed you too little cupcake,” I grinned. “Do you wanna go grab some cupcakes?” I asked her

“Ice cream,” she pouted.

I chuckled at her. “Okay, ice cream it is. Ask your mommy for permission,” I told her.

“Mommy. Ice cream?” she pouted at her mother who was staring lovingly at her daughter.

“Yes you may honey,” Audrey smiled as she kissed Deanna’s nose.

“Yay!” she squealed pulling on my hand.

“You wanna come with A?” I asked her.

She shook her head. “I have to finish some work,” she informed. “Get her back before 4 though,” she told me. I nodded pulled Deanna towards the door, bidding Audrey goodbye and lead the little angel to my car.

“Where do you wanna go little one?” I asked after I strapped her into her seat in the back and I got into my seat.

“Tea and more!” she smiled.

I chuckled at her. “That’s too far,” I told her as I backed out of their driveway. She frowned at this. “How about we just go for pink berry?” I suggested.

“Yes!” she jumped in her seat.

For a three year old, she acted so much older. She could communicate properly already. She was turning four in four months since it’s still October. For a three year old, she was very advanced.

I backed out of their driveway and headed towards the familiar hang out that I took her to when she and I bonded. I knew that Audrey needed some alone time, so I help her out taking Deanna for a short time so she can have some time to herself. I sometimes take the little girl out for the whole day so her mom could take a break from everything and get a spa or something. I guess you could say she’s still somehow living the good life.

“How’s school doing?” I asked the little girl. She just shrugged as she looked at the surroundings. “What’s your teacher teaching you?”

“She just taught us the ABC’s,” she smiled at me. “And how to write.”

“Really?” I chuckled. “Do you wanna sing the song for me?” She nodded and started to sing from A to Z and whatever came next. “Good job,” I commended. “Here we are,” I smiled at her as we pulled up to the familiar building and I got out, strapping her off her seatbelt and she jumped down from the car.

She took my hand and dragged me in, quickly pointing out what she wanted and rushing me to order with a pout.

“This little thing will have some strawberry froyo with cheescake and some mochi. And I’ll have the plain with some mochi and caramel,” I told the girl lightly laughing.

She smiled at me and punched in our orders. “8 dollars and 18 cents is your total,” she told me. I gave her a full 10 dollars and told her to keep the change. We stepped aside as a couple ordered their ice cream and waited for the other girl to bring our ice cream to us.

The cashier turned to me with a smile and smiled at Deanna. “She doesn’t look like you,” she teased.

I laughed and looked towards Deanna who was looking at the tank full of fishes a few feet away from us. “I get that a lot,” I chuckled.

“Her mom must be really pretty because she’s a beautiful child,” the girl complimented.

I just shrugged. “Maybe to her husband she’s pretty. She’s okay I guess.”

She raised an eyebrow at me and gave me a pitiful look. “I know how hard it is to grow up with my parents separated,” she frowned.

I chuckled. “No, not at all. She doesn’t look like me for a reason,” I told her, earning a confused look. “She’s not mine,” I elaborated. “She’s one of my friends’ daughter. Her dad’s in the army and he got sent on another assignment, and the girl needed some kind of father figure while he’s away, you know?”

“Just be careful to not sleep with his wife,” she joked.

“Trust me, not a chance. My life’s too complicated for anymore drama. My ex-fiancé that left me for three years is back and I’m trying to get her back but I just seem to be messing everything up,” I sighed.

“That’s stressful.”

“Here’s your order,” the other girl chirped from beside her. I gave her a smile as I grabbed the two cups and two colorful spoons from the cup beside me. I tuned my attention to the cashier. “It is stressful,” I chuckled. “But what can I do right? Well, we’ll head off now. Thanks for listening. Sorry if I just poured it all out to you. It’s nice to get it out even to a stranger,” I chuckled.

She laughed, throwing her head back. “No problem. I’ll keep myself a stranger so you can talk to me,” she said. “Well the little angel’s coming. You better give her - her treat,” she said as she turned to the next customer.

I handed the little girl the ice cream and she squealed, attacking it right away. I chuckled as I lead her to the car, strapping her in and started to drive towards a park. Once we got there, she jumped out of the car, ice cream cup in hand and sat down on the bench that we usually sat on until she finished it and she could go out and play.

“I’m done. Play?” she asked with hopeful eyes.

“Go ahead,” I smiled at her as I took her cup and handed her hand sanitizer and a napkin. She nodded and took it from me, wiping her face and her hands then running off towards the play structure.

About 15 minutes of watching the little girl climb, run, jump and play with other kids, somebody tapped my shoulder.

I turned around and saw Gabriel behind me.

“What are you doing here?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh shiiiiit.
I apologize for not updating in a looong time.
It's been a busy week -__-
But here you go!! :)