Back to Square One

Girl For Me

“What the fuck is wrong with you?!” Hazelyn shouted at me when I walked back into the hotel later that night. I had taken a scenic walk around the city trying to clear my head but failed miserably. All I could think about was her.

“What?” I asked innocently, looking up at her from the ground.

“What were you doing at that restaurant?!” she yelled.

“What restaurant?” I asked her.

“Don’t play dumb with me!” she yelled.

“I was having lunch with a friend,” I lied.

“A friend?” she asked, her voice softened a little bit. “Or a slut?” she spat. I just shrugged.

“What were you doing there?” I asked quizzically.

“I was having lunch with a friend too,” she said, obviously lying.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, friend,” I mumbled. “Friends don’t take friends out on a romantic dinner like that and hold hands,” I scoffed. Her eyes widened. “Well, if that’s all you wanted to talk about, I’m leaving. I have to go meet Tristan and you have to get ready for the wedding,” I called out before I left the room. “Oh, and whoever that man was, I hope that Tristan knows about him because he’d flip. Also, maybe your boyfriend would want to know you’re sharing your room with your ex-fiancé,” I smirked before closing the door.

My sister was panicking by the time of the wedding and Hazelyn helped her calm down. Tristan was just as panicky, needing both Scotty and I to calm him down.

“Is she there?” Tristan asked me, since he couldn’t turn around - in fear of passing out.

“No,” I joked. His eyes widened and was about t break down. “I’m just kidding man,” I chuckled. He glared at me. “She’s here,” I grinned as I saw my sister at the back of the room, along with Hazelyn whom made my eyes almost bug out of their sockets. She looked so fucking gorgeous that I was speechless - as always. She was in a light teal dress, her hair up in a messy bun - and having a small amount of make up on. She was stunning, and to me, it seemed like she took the limelight away from my sister - but then again - it’s my sister. Hazelyn didn’t even look at me while she walked down the isle alone.

I stood there, imagining how our special day would’ve been like if I wasn’t such a dumbass. I would’ve been standing here, not as a best man - but as the groom himself. I’d be the one panicking, not Tristan. I would’ve seen Hazelyn walk down the isle in her white wedding dress, her arms linked with her father’s - a bright smile on her face as she gave me a look full of love and affection.

But right now, it’s the total opposite. I wasn’t the groom, she wasn’t the bride. She didn’t even glance at me, and she wasn’t in a white dress. My sister was. And instead of her father walking her down the isle, it was my father walking my sister down the isle.

“You okay man?” Tristan nudged me.

I gave him a slight smile. “Peachy.”

He put an hand on my shoulder. “It’s only a matter of time,” he told me as my sister approached the altar.

The reception was… a reception. My sister and my now brother-in-law were more relaxed. Our parents were there too, which was nice. It’s always nice to have them over. Leslie was actually surprised to see Hazelyn, and the night went on smoothly, until of course, Hazelyn pulled me aside as I made my way to the bathroom.

“You didn’t say anything to my brother, did you?” she hissed at me. I shrugged, and tried walking around her but she pushed me back onto the wall. I was surprised at how strong she was. “Did you?” she asked me again.

“No. You tell him yourself, it’s none of my business,” I murmured.

“Good that you know,” she hissed at me.

“So, where’s your boyfriend?” I asked her.

“None of your business,” she mumbled.

“Why isn’t he here?” I asked.

“None of your business,” she repeated.

“Your brother doesn’t know, does he?”

“No, he doesn’t. Now keep your fucking mouth shut!” she yelled.

“Cool down, tiger,” I grinned as a roared at her, irritating her even more. She let out an irritated groan and stomped back to the party. I shook my head and chuckled to myself before following after her.

By the time I got back, the tables were already pushed aside and it was turned into a dance floor. Yeah3x by Chris Brown, was just coming to an end when I saw Hazelyn sitting on a stool at the bar, finishing up a drink.

I walked up next to her and ordered a shot of Patron, downing it before turning to her. “What’s a pretty girl like you doing at the bar alone? Shouldn’t you be dancing?” I smirked at her.

“Leave me alone, Dolciani,” she murmured, burying her face in her hands. The song changed to “Girl For Me” by Stevie Hoang.

“Let’s dance!” I chirped and grabbed her by the waist, dragging her to the dance floor.

“Let me go!” she groaned.

“Come on Haze, you love dancing!”

“I loved dancing,” she corrected, trying to free from my grasp.

“Can you just relax?” I sighed, making her sigh, finally giving in and just moving to the beat as she listened to the lyrics.

She's the finest girl that I've ever seen
She'll be on my mind like a melody
No words can't explain what she means to me
No matter what she do, she's just so sexy

From her eyes to her lips, she got it going on
From her thighs to her hips, she's got a player sprung
Every time she walks on by
Shawty got me sayin'

She's the girl for me
Gotta make her mine
She'll be, all I need
Gotta make her mine
And maybe this could be
My chance so I just
Gotta make her mine
Gotta make her mine
Gotta make her mine
She's the girl for me
(the girl for me, yeah yeah yeah)

I'll be thinking about her all the time
Looking things to say up in my mind to
When I see her I'm a get it right
I'm a hide my game on time

The way that she smiles, she's got it going on
The hair and the nails, she's got it all done
Every time I see her face
Shawty got me sayin'

She's the girl for me
(There goes my baby)
Gotta make her mine
She'll be all I need
(Oooo, gotta make her mine)
And maybe this could be
(My chance so I just)
Gotta make her mine
Gotta make her mine
Gotta make her mine
She's the girl for me

And if she tells me away
(Please don't go)
That I did my best to say
(please don't go)
And I didn't miss the chance
For a shot at sweet romance
And then now I'll be on my way
But at least she heard me sing

She's the girl for me
She'll be all I need
And maybe this could be
Gotta make her mine
Gotta make her mine
Gotta make her mine
She's the girl for me

She's the girl for me
She'll be all I need
And maybe this could be
(My chance so I just)
Gotta make her mine
Gotta make her mine
Gotta make her mine
She's the girl for me


“I uhm, have to go,” she said before leaving me alone on the dance floor, everyone staring in shock. I shook my head and continued my time alone at the bar. Hazelyn came back half an hour or so later, and we both crashed into the hotel room together. And inside, I was shocked to see that same man that was with Hazelyn earlier. I smirked at his own surprised expression when he saw Hazelyn was sharing a room with a guy.

“Derek,” she mumbled.

“Hazelyn,” he murmured stiffly.

“It’s not what it looks like,” she defended.

“Oh? Then what does it look like?” he crossed his arms. “I mean, how would you feel if you saw me stumble into my hotel room with a girl?” he asked.

“Well, you see, the hotel’s booked and we had to share, since we both own this room, and-,” he cut her off.

“You both own the hotel room?” he asked. Hazelyn’s eyes widened. “Thanks, that just made me feel a lot better,” he murmured sarcastically.

“No, it’s just-,” he cut her off again.

“Just what? What’s your relationship with him?” he asked her.

I was amused, but at the same time, pissed. “We’re good family friends,” she said.

“What kind of family friends share rooms?”

“I’m her ex,” I spoke up.

“Ry!” Hazelyn hissed.

“Really, that makes me feel a bit more comfortable,” he rolled his eyes. “I knew there was something up with you when you brought this bastard to the meeting earlier!”

“Der,” she whined. “It’s really not-,” he cut her off again.

“What are you gonna say now, you whore?” he spat at her.

That pissed me off. You can call me a bastard, you can call me a man-whore, but once you say one thing to Hazelyn, I’m going to flip.

“I can’t stand rude people, and I can’t stand people calling Hazelyn such dirty names. Get the fuck out bastard, and don’t ever talk to Hazelyn like that. Let her talk and don’t fucking interrupt her. Get the fuck out of my hotel room before I call security,” I snapped.

The guy stared at me in shock. He wasn’t the type of guy that anybody would dare talk to him the way I just did, that I knew for sure. The way he stood, the way he talked, and the way he portrayed himself. Over confidence. “Who are you to talk to me like that?” he snapped.

“Who are you?” I asked him.

“I’m Derek Fletcher. I’m the Assistant Director of Hollister,” he said boastfully.

“Well, guess what?” I asked. He waited. “You’re fired,” I declared, making Hazelyn gasp.

He gave off a dry laugh. “What makes you think you can do that?” he scoffed.

“You should know who you’re talking to before you say anything,” I smirked at him. “I’m Ryan Jerome Dolciani, your boss,” I said. His eyes widened and looked at Hazelyn.

“Hazelyn! Aren’t you going to do something?!” he asked. “The company is yours! The other stockholders withdrew!” he shouted.

“I-I can’t. He owns your department,” she murmured.

“You know what? Forget it!” he yelled and began stomping to the door like a kid. “Once you’ve made up your mind, find me,” he said and slammed the door.

“Finally he left, I’m tired,” I groaned and jumped on the bed, shrugging of my clothes.

“Ryan fucking Dolciani, you asshole! Go apologize!” she screeched at me.

“No thanks,” I said, getting comfortable in my sheets.

“Go!” she yelled.

“Why do you care? You almost cheated on him,” I scoffed. She just looked down shamefully and I softened up. I looked at her. “I’ll make a deal. You pretend to be my girlfriend, and I’ll hire him again. I’ll even leave you two alone, meaning I’ll leave you to tell Tristan. And at the same time, after all this is over, I’ll leave you alone and you’ll never see me again,” I said.

“Fine, but if you don’t hire him back, that branch will close,” she threatened.

“I can find somebody,” I shrugged, knowing I can get Kyle to manage. Hell, I can get Trace or any of the guys to manage.

“Fine! But go apologize and hire him back tomorrow!” she yelled.

“Okay,” I nodded and plugged in my earplugs, drowning out Hazelyn’s bitchassness and slept peacefully.

The next morning, true to word - I met up with him.

“What?” he asked as he sat in front of me at a coffee shop not far from the hotel.

“I’m hiring you back,” I said to him.

“Okay,” he said confidently, but had a look of relief on his face.

“Okay?” I scoffed. “You should show some respect to your boss,” I smirked. He glared at me.

“You and my girlfriend. Are you really her ex?” he asked.

I shrugged. “Yes, we went out for two years - three years ago,” I said to him.

“And you let her go? You’re an idiot,” he scoffed.

“I’ve been told,” I mumbled to myself. I shrugged and kept my cool though. “I’ve also been ordered to apologize to you, and talked to you in such an ill manner. So, I apologize for my lack of manners,” I mumbled. He had an amused look on his face. “But if you ever dare call Hazelyn a whore, or any other words that relate to that, consider yourself a dead man,” I said seriously. “You might have her, but I’m not letting you get away with anything that would hurt her,” I spat before standing up and sauntering over back to the hotel.

“Did you talk to him?” Hazelyn asked me hopefully as I entered the hotel room. I nodded and she sighed in relief. “You ass, he almost broke up with me!” she yelled.

“What? He broke up with you because I fired him? What a douche,” I scoffed.

“Don’t say that!” she yelled. I just shrugged and began to pack my bags. Tristan and Stephanie were leaving for their honeymoon tonight, meaning I can leave too. “Where the hell do you think you’re going?” she asked me.

“Why do you care?” I scoffed.

“I don’t,” she glared. I just shrugged and shoved all my stuff in my bags.

“Oh, pack your bags. You’re coming with me,” I said to her.

“Why should I?” she crossed her arms childishly. “There’s no fucking way I’m going back to California.”

“Shall I fire him again?” I asked her. She glared at me and began packing her bags. She didn’t bring much, knowing that she wasn’t staying long so we left the hotel sooner than expected. She gave Derek a phone call, not thoroughly explaining the whole situation, but just enough to not get her in trouble.

“Oh, and we’re not going to California,” I told her as we entered the airport.

“Where are we going then?” she asked.

“Florida,” I grinned goofily.

“What are we going to do there?”

I shrugged. “Going to check on the beach house and the condos,” I told her.

“I have lots of things to take care of,” she tried lying through her teeth.

“Please, you’re a bad liar,” I scoffed. She blushed and looked away, putting her sunglasses on. I suddenly saw flashes go off, and Megan walking towards us. I wrapped my arms around Hazelyn like I used to, and she still fit perfectly in my arms. She grew a tiny bit. She was probably 5’6 now, but it didn’t make much difference.

“What are you-,” she was about to ask until Megan walked up to us.

“Slut,” Megan acknowledged Hazelyn, and smiled at me, “Baby,” she smiled. “Why are you still with her? Isn’t she just a fuck and throw?” she pouted.

I flinched from her words, and I glared at her. “No, she is not a fuck and throw. You’re a fuck and throw,” I whispered to her, making her gasp, then glare at Hazelyn.

“Watch your back bitch, I’ll be back,” she said before walking towards her gate.

“Fuck and throw, huh? So, you did fuck her?” Hazelyn said monotonously. I just shrugged at her and she tore away from my grasp. I quickly pulled her back into me when more paparazzi started coming towards us. “Take your thumb out of my belt loops,” she hissed at me through her fake smile. She wasn’t recognizable with her sunglasses and her new blonde hair, so she was safe from the media for now. As long as she kept those glasses on.

I looked at her confused, and realized that it had been one of my old habits. I frowned and put my arms around her waist instead. Once we were in the jet, she sat as far away from me as possible. I sighed and just sat on my own with my thoughts.

We arrived at Orlando’s international airport, and had one of my old friends pick us up. My condo was right on International Drive in the heart of Orlando’s night life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Credit to Stevie Hoang :D you should go listen to him! :)
Anyways; What do you think about this Derek guy?

I have the best readers ever. I ABSOLUTELY love your meaningful comments/rants :p haha. It makes my day <3