Status: No more updates from no feedback. Sorry!

Love Only Knows

Just in Time

A week. That was how long it had been since I had seen Garrett. I had been hiding in Pierce the Veil's bus that whole week. They happily welcomed me. My band understood my situation, and they sent me a couple of my things with Vic or Tony. I talked to my band, but not The Maine. Kennedy sent me countless messages along with Garrett. The others sent me a few, along with voicemails. I helped my band from the comfort of Pierce the Veil's bus. I was still in hiding because I needed some time to think. Vic and the guys had no idea of the activities I had been up to for a year, so they wouldn't judge me. My friends knew how much of a whore I was. Things would obviously change around us.

"Hey, E. How are you feeling?" Tony asked as he opened the curtain of the bunk they had let me borrow.

"Like a million bucks." I put on the best smile I could.

"You know I love you, Lyn, but you look terrible." he said.

"I can't sleep." I admitted wrapping my arms around myself.

"I know. I hear you crying at night." His eyes softened.

"I miss him." I whispered.

"Then go back to him." He smiled, whipping a tear from my cheek.

"I can't. Not now that he knows my dirty little secret."

"We all have dirty little secrets." He chuckled. "It’s part of human nature. Now that he knows, you need to talk to him. He needs to understand you. If he doesn't, then he's not worth it."

I smiled and took his awaiting hand. He helped me out of my bunk and wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Dude, how?" I heard Jaime ask from behind us. "We’ve been trying to get her to smile for days and you get an Evelyn smile on your first try?"

"An Evelyn smile?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's your smile." Mike smiled.

"The prettiest one we've seen." Vic added, making me blush.

"Your color's back too!" Jaime pointed out happily.

"Thank you, guys. I'm sorry that I've been such a hassle on you all." I smiled, whipping the tears that streamed down my face.

"A hassle?" Tony asked. "Don’t ever think that. You could stay with us through Warped Tour without being a hassle."

"And that's an invitation." Vic winked.

"Thank you." I chuckled.

"So what are you going to do?" Tony asked as I grabbed my bag.

"Go home."

"Home? I thought you were going to talk to Garrett." Jaime's jaw dropped.

"I can't face him. I'm not the Evelyn he loves." I shook my head, opening the door of the bus. The rain was coming down hard.

"He's been waiting for you outside every day. How could you say he doesn't love you?" Vic asked.

"Then it's a good thing he's not here now." I said.

"Stay until it clears." Mike begged.

"I have to go now." I gave them a warm smile before stepping out into the rain and running.

-------------------------------------
Garrett POV

"God damn it, Pat! You got mud all over my jacket." I yelled at the long haired boy.

"I said I was sorry, Garrett." Pat defended.

"It was an accident. Go easy on him." Jared said.

I took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry. It's just--"

"I know. It's okay." Pat said, giving me an apologetic smile.

It had been a whole week since I had seen Evelyn. A week since I had found out what my selfish self had caused her to do. She had been used as a sex toy by disgusting men because I had broken her. I wanted to find each one of those men and rip their dicks off.

I knew where she was. She was with that asshole, Vic, and his band. Jess had assured me she was fine and that she would come out eventually. I waited outside of their bus each day waiting for her, but I just received pitiful glares from the four boys who the love of my life was with. All I wanted to do was run in there and wrap her in a tight hug. I couldn't do that, though. I knew she needed time, but I still sat there as a way to show her I would be there. But today it had started raining. I was willing to stay there, but John and Jared dragged me to the van. I wasn't mad at them. I knew they meant well, but I was mad at myself for bringing pain to Evelyn.

I was in a daze when a tall and lanky body banged on the window of the van. I slightly jumped. His hair was drenched with the rain and I couldn't see his face. In my thought, I could have easily confused him for Pat if he wasn't already sitting next to me.

"Did you fart, Pat?" John asked, pinching his nose.

"He scared me." Pat blushed. Jared rolled his eyes and opened the side door. The stranger climbed in and now I could see his face. How dare he show his face to us? The balls of him.

"Vic? Why are you--" Kennedy stared, but Vic cut him off.

"You have to go, Garrett." He said, out of breath.

"I don't know if you’ve noticed, but this is my band." I rolled my eyes.

"No, Garrett. You have to go get her." Vic answered. "She left a minute ago when we begged her to stay."

My body worked fast. I jumped out of the van and into the cold rain that soon enough soaked me. My wet hair stuck to my face and I pushed it back. My clothes were also soaked and heavy on my body. I kept running as fast as I could, though. I needed to bring her back. She had to know that I still loved her as much as the first day I met her. Everything that happened to her wasn't her fault. It was mine-- and I hated myself for it.

I caught side of the bus stop. The bus was already there as people crowded in and away from the rain. I ran as fast as I could. I wasn’t going to make it. But I had to. I had to reach Evelyn before she could get in that bus. I made my legs go faster, but not fast enough. As I was only twenty feet away, the doors of the bus closed and it drove off.

I stopped and my eyes widen. I had lost Evelyn. The girl who I had fallen for the second I caught her eyes. The girl I promised to love forever. The one who I hurt. The girl who was used as a sex toy because of my selfish acts. The girl I still loved with every inch of my heart.

Tears stung in the back of my eyes and my throat tightened. I hid under the bus stop and away from the rain as I took in harsh breaths. Soon enough, my breaths turned into sobs. I felt tears run down my face and I dabbed them away. She was going home and once we returned from tour, she would avoid me like the plague.

“Garrett?” A soft voice asked. My head snapped up and I couldn’t help but smile. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her drenched hair. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to get you.” I whispered against her hair, not wanting to let go.

“You did? Why?”

“You don’t get it do you?” I sighed, stepping back so I could stare into her eyes. “You mean the world to me. I’ve never loved anyone like I love you. What I did, I hate myself for it. Especially now since I know what happened throughout this year. It’s my fault that you’re in this situation. I never should have left you. I broke my promise and you didn’t deserve to go through that sort of pain. But holy shit, Evelyn. You’re the girl I’m madly, deeply, fucking in love with.”

She just stared into my eyes as tears ran down her pale face. She looked way too fragile since the last time I had seen her. I dabbed the tears away and pushed a strand of wet hair behind her ear before I pressed my lips to hers. She returned the kiss eagerly and dug her hands into my drenched hair. I grabbed each side of her face, not wanting to break the kiss. I was afraid that she would leave me.

“I thought you had gotten in that bus.” I said as we sat on the bench of the bus stop as we waited for the rain to clear.

“I was going to, but something didn’t let me.” She answered, snuggling into the crook of my neck. “I stood in front of those doors. The driver kept yelling at me as the rain soaked me, but something kept me from boarding.”

“What’s that?” I asked, not daring to let her go. I was still trying to convince myself that she wouldn’t leave me.

“You.” She whispered. “All I could think about was you. I knew that if I left, when you came back home from tour, things would be even worse. I was afraid.”

“You don’t have to be afraid, Evee. I won’t let anything happen to you. I’ll always be here to protect. Whatever happened was my fault, not yours. I don’t love you any less than the first time I ever met you.” I told her, and she sank deeper into my arms.

“I love you. Don’t ever leave me again, please.” She sighed.

“Never. I’ll always be with you. Forever.” I kissed her wet hair and smiled. “And I love you. So much.”

“I’m sorry for hiding away with Vic.” Evelyn said. The rain had finally cleared and we walked back towards the venue, hand in hand.

“I don’t really like that guy because he enjoys flirting with you too much, but still, I’m thankful that he came to get me the second you said you were leaving.” I smiled.

“No matter how much he, or anyone else for that matter, flirts with me, you’re always going to be the one I love.” She told me, her eyes gazing into mine. I grinned and pressed my lips to hers.

“I’ve missed the days when you toured with us.” I sighed, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

“I told you, next time, I’ll be with you guys like the old days.” She smiled.

“Good.” I nodded, happy.

I was filled with happiness that I had brought her back with me instead of watching her go off back home. But I had a feeling in my gut that something was still bothering her inside. Something that I had to figure out. I knew things weren’t over just yet, but I wasn’t going to leave her side. I was going to be there and protect her, like I had promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated now because I'm leaving in an hour to Jacksonville to see We The Kings, The Summer Set, and The Downtown Fiction and I don't come back until Sunday, so I wanted to update for you guys before leaving. I have a great plan for the next chapter.
:D