‹ Prequel: Yours Truly

Different Perspectives

Timing

Five minutes into the walk Jenny simply gave up.

She laughed nervously. ''Okay it's a deal''

''Good'' he smiled. ''You're so odd'' she turned around hiding her smile. ''Bye Jennifer'' he grinned. '' Bye Jon'' she said still hiding her smile. Maybe this is why Mark and I broke up she thought. She was still upset about Mark but maybe Jon will help her get over him.

''Jon!'' she yelled. He turned around. ''People that I can tolerate call me Jenny'' she said and this time she didn't hide her smile. ''Oh and let's talk now''

-

Mark was searching for his phone. It had been lost for three days. ''Why the fuck did I leave it on silent?'' he muttered.

A few minutes later, he found it. It had a text from Jenny.

I want to talk to you in person again. I miss you.

''Oh crap, I seem stupid'' he said looking at the date. He was angry at himself. He sent a text explaining everything.

''I should call her too'' he said, saying his thoughts aloud.

''Pick up Jenny'' he whispered into his phone. His phone suddenly died. 'Shit'' he said really annoyed. He put his phone away for charging.

The doorbell rang. He somewhat eagerly ran to it. He jumped seeing Danielle. ''Oh my God'' Danielle said annoyed. You're annoyed he thought.

''I sent you a text to say I was coming over'' admitted Danielle ''...Two days ago’’.

''I only found my phone and I didn't reply so that could have given you a fucking clue'' he said to her. ''Not my problem Mark'' Danielle told him.

'I could be busy'' he said. ''You're back in college tomorrow'' Danielle told him again.

He sighed. ''Come in'' he commanded rolling his eyes.