If You Love Me Let Me Go

Prologue

Before you ask the stupid mundane questions, my name is Lydia...and yes, I live with Avenged Sevenfold. Zacky Vengeance is my older brother. He's 29, and I'm 26. Born on October 13, 1984. The death of Jimmy was hard on us all...some more than others...but we've managed to pull through. I took it the hardest though. He was my boyfriend of a year and a half at the time. We'd been so in love the other band members thought it was sickening. I never thought our relationship would end that way. Come to think of it...I never really pictured it ending. I thought we'd be together always...even when we were both six feet under.

Zacky always joked that I wasn't really meant to be with Jimmy at all. I was really supposed to be with Matt. Sure, Matt was my friend. My best friend actually. But I felt perfectly comfortable being just friends. I felt that was the way it was supposed to be. But now that Jimmy's been dead for almost two and a half years I guess I need to start looking for someone new. The one I'm truly supposed to be with...and I know it's not Matt. It might be a fan we meet while on tour or just someone in a coffee shop who has no idea who I am. But it's not Matt. It would never be Matt...at least I hope not.