Status: Comment =)

One of the Boys

1/1

Today was the day. The first day. The big day to show off the new me.

I nervously anticipating this day. The first day back to school. I always hated the first day back but this one was different; I was different. I didn't necessarily feel excited to go back but I couldn't wait to get there.

My knee anxiously bounced up and down as my hands rested on top of my knees. The palm of my hands begin to sweat a little causing them to become clammy. I'm usually never this nervous, I never really had a reason to. But this was an exception. I'm pretty sure I looked really uneasy over here in the passenger seat. I guess my father noticed because he placed his hand on top of mine.

"There's nothing to be nervous about." He reassured me by give a small smile.

"I know, I know it just that they haven't seen me in two years and what if they don't know who I am or they think that I look stupid this way or what if--" I was cut off by my father shushing me. I was rambling, something I did frequently.

"Everything will be fine, I'm sure of it." He looked pretty sure.

"OK." I sunk back into the seat.

My heart begin to race as we pulled into the school's parking lot. Oh my gosh this was really happening.

"Can you please make some friends that are girls, your mother would really like that." I quickly nodded my head and he drove away.

So I stood there with a floral high skirt brushing against my legs as the wind blew. I scanned the lot for any familiar faces I might have seen. I didn't see any except for one. Courtney Collins. Better known as C.C. Love. That's a whole other story. As soon as I laid eyes on her we made eye contact. She rushed over to me with a big grin on her face.

Courtney finally reached me and embraced with one of her biggest hugs. When she let go she stepped back and analyzed me. "I am an miracle worker!" She exclaimed. "So how does it feel to be a girl?"

"It still feel weird and a little stupid." I tried to pull my skirt down a little but Courtney smacked my hands.

"Well this was your idea and besides you look beyond awesome!"

I should probably explain what's going on here.

All my life I was basically a tomboy. You know, the girls that act like boys. Yeah that was me. I was full on boy. I wore overalls, I played baseball, my hair was never done, and to top it all off all of my friends were boys. Rough, aggressive boys too. I didnt meet Courtney until seventh grade year.

My mother disliked that I behaved like a boy but she excepted it nonetheless. But she wanted me to have at least one girl aspect of my life. She made me do ballet. I half hated and half loved it. I hated it because it up some of my baseball time but I loved it because it made my mother happy. My father also liked it.

All of my friends; Cole, Trevor, Ben, and Ricky treated me like one of the guys. But as time flies and these stupid hormones kick in, the way they treated me never changed at all. Lets just say that I grew a crush on one of them and he never noticed and of course I didn't have the guts to tell him. But I wanted him to notice me. That's where Courtney comes in. For two years, she's been teaching me how to be a girl. Every summer she'll visit me in New York and help. So here we are now.

We walked into the school building arm-in-arm. I guess that's what girls do. I heard Courtney talking but I wasn't listening. I looked around for any of the guys. They were here, just where? Before I knew it we stopped in front of a pair of lockers. "I got our lockers next to eachother!" I smiled not knowing what to say. She turned and opened her locker and echoed her on her actions.

"Hey babe." Some guy hugged Courtney from behind.

"Hey!" She pecked him on the mouth. I recognized the guy as Cole. I tries not to stare but it was hard since Cole did not look the same as I left him.

"Who's this?" He motioned towards me. I quickly adverted my eyes back to my semi empty locker.

"She's the new girl." I could just feel Courtney's taunting smirk. "Have you seen Ricky?" I knew exqctly what she was doing.

"Yeah, he should be at his locker."

"Great!" Courtney yanked my arm and begin to pull me down the hall.

"Where are we going?" I dreaded the answer.

"To go see Ricky duh!" That's when I tried to stop and pull away which made her just pulled me harder. By then we were getting looks from people passing us.

I heard him. His angel like voice. His laughter echoed down the hall, which made me all the nervous.

"Bambi, stop being a wuss and come on." She pulled harder on my wrist. To be honest, I was beyond being a wuss, I was scared shitless. But I couldn't be afriad. Not now after everything I did.

I had to at least talk to him. This was going to be it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I plan to make this into a full on story. Hopefully sooner than later.
Comment
=)