Sequel: History
Status: Complete! possible sequel...

Books

A Fantastic Actor

The days past slowly until Thursday when Brent knew he would see her again and when he did she was dressed plainly but if anyone asked he would say she looked more beautiful then ever. The Monday after that Jonathan Toews invited himself to Brent's lesson and surprisingly Georgia smiled at him and laughed at his awkward jokes. The two seemed to have more to talk about, Jon would tell her the latest book he read and she would say she loved it too, they both spoke French as well and for the first time Brent felt jealous and left out of the group. He was never the jealous type but the way Georgia and Jonathan interacted made him feel useless and awkward. Georgia never looked at him for more then a second, while she would always look Jon in the eye as he talked.

On the last day of Brent's training walked into the from hall when he realized something was different. The first thing he noticed was that a different girl was sitting at the help desk, not his favorite librarian and the second was a thin brunette in a knee length dress talking to Mary Clark. When she turned around Brent realized it was Georgia, she was wearing make up today and her hair was up in a loose bun.

When Georgia saw him she smiled, which surprised him and waved him over.

"My parents came into town unexpected and I have to go with them out to lunch," she said looking him in the eyes, Brent's smiled faltered a little when he heard she wasn't going to pen the next few hours with her. "But my dad is a huge hockey fan so maybe we'll see you at the game tonight? I mean you'll be playing but my dad got good seats so…"

She trailed off, Brent could tell she was nervous, it surprised him because usually she was the confident and focused one and he was unsure.

"I'll look for you," he put a hand on her exposed arm, feeling the baby soft skin.

* * *

At the game Brent saw Georgia sitting a couple rows back with a heavier man and a dark haired women who looked like they were her parents. He saw her cheer when he scored a goal and he felt his heart flutter a little.

"Dude, isn't that your girlfriend?" Jonathan asked pointing to Georgia and her parents up in the stands.

"Not yet," Brent replied confidently.

After the game Brent and his teammate went out to eat at a steak house they went to after most game. The team had just ordered when Georgia entered the restaurant with her parents. She didn't see him as her family sat down at the booth behind theirs but he heard her talking to her mother once they were seated.

"It's a shame you don't have a boyfriend" Georgia's mother said, "My sister has three beautiful grandchildren and her daughter is only a few years older then you."

"Mom," Georgia said exasperated, "We already talked about this. I just got out of college, I have a job at the library, once I'm settled in…"

She didn't get a chance to finish when she felt Brent's warm arm around her shoulders.

"Sorry I'm late," Brent said winking, telling her to play along.

"It's okay," Georgia said slowly, she was never a good lier so she could only hope her parents would believe this tall tale.

"Georgia," her mother asked politely, "introduce us to your friend."

"Oh this is Brent," she replied not sure if she should call him her boyfriend or not.

"I'm your daughter's boyfriend," Brent stuck out the hand that wasn't wrapped around Georgia, across the table for her parents to shake. "It's great to meet you guys."

"Don't you play on the Blackhawks?" Georgia's dad, who was a long time hockey fanatic asked.

"Yeah, I'm a defender," Brent smiled, knowing that the older man was a fan and that would give himself shoe in.

The rest of dinner went swimmingly, Brent and Georgia's parents talked about hockey mostly. Georgia found out that not only was her boyfriend good at hockey, he was also a fantastic actor.
♠ ♠ ♠
¡IMPORTANT!
So as I hesitated... some reason to post this third chapter... sorry... I've realized how little time I have right now with school and everything to write more chapters...
lucky you all reading it I have 2 maybe three more chapter already written... So there's my excuse for lack of updates lately...

and I've a little frustrated that this story doesn't pop up when you search its tags... yes I search my own stories... but just to make sure they appear so others can read them... so tell me if it shows up when you search... if you do... Thanks!