Sequel: History
Status: Complete! possible sequel...

Books

Torn

"So your girlfriend's parents definitely have good genes," Patrick Kane came up behind Brent at practice the next morning. "I told you not all librarians are old. Georgia's smokin' and so is her sister!"

"Kaner shut up, she's not my girlfriend," Brent frowned continuing to pass the puck with Patrick.

"Well obviously her whole family thinks you guys are together," Patrick pondered, a little confused. "She seems a little more like Tazer's type than your's anyways."

At hearing this Brent wacked the puck a little too hard and it made a sharp ping of the goal post. "Aye!" Crawford shouted towards Brent.

Brent and Jon were good friends and he didn't want to get competitive with his teammate over a girl, not matter how perfect she seemed. It just didn't help when everyone who met her thought they were a couple, then said Tazer and her would be too cute together. Brent almost felt like pummeling Patrick Sharp when he asked why Brent's 'girlfriend' was talking more to Jon than to him.

"You better hop on it, man," Patrick Kane interrupted Brent's thoughts. "I know a lot of guys who would mind you know…"

"Yeah, I know what goes on in your little perverted mind Kaner," Brent muttered, annoyed with his younger teammate. Practice was over so Brent skated to the edge of the rink, frustrated.

* * *

"It's a love story, baby just say yes…" Georgia hummed along to Taylor Swift as she cleaned up around her apartment. Her parents were coming to visit again because now that they knew thought she had a boyfriend they wanted to "get to know him as much as possible" before he became an in-law. What had she gotten herself into, Georgia didn't want to ask Brent to pretend to be her boyfriend every time her parents came to town. She knew he would probably say yes but it seemed like too much to ask; they weren't even that close yet.

"Marry me Juliet you'll never have to be alone, I love you and that's all I really know…" Georgia sighed. Her family would find out sooner of later that Brent wasn't her boyfriend, hopefully it would be from her and not the media.

* * *

A few days later on the following Monday Georgia was busy sorting books in the back room when she saw Brent arrive. He walked past her into the staff room with his head down, not noticing or ignoring when she sent a smile his way.

"Hi Brent," she tried again. "How was your weekend?"

Brent look up, then down again. "It was good I guess, won some lost some. How was yours?" he asked more out of politeness than really caring, Georgia thought.

"Oh good, my parents are coming into town tomorrow for a few days," Georgia said hoping he would get the hint.

"I'm going on a road trip for a week, I'm leaving later tonight," Brent said dully, seeming to understand what she meant. "Sorry."

"That's okay," Brent saw Georgia's smile falter and he instantly felt bad for being on the rude side to her. "They probably know you're going to be away since they're such big fans. They'll probably know they won't be able to see you this time."

"Sorry," Brent apologized again before leaving the back room to help Mary Clark take down the display he had helped put up the previous week.

He was frustrated because he really liked Georgia, in fact he thought he could fall in love with her, which is going a lot further than how he had felt about any other girl in a while. The only problem was what everyone else was saying, Kaner and Patrick Sharp. It was getting to him, even though he knew Patrick didn't mean it like that and Kaner just said stuff like that to aggravate. Brent knew Jon likely wouldn't act on anything with Georgia at least till the off season, if ever. Whenever his captain talked about the librarian he sounded like he was talking about his little sister, if he had one. Jonathan didn't want any distraction from getting to the playoffs and potentially winning again and Brent had thought that too. Until he met Georgia, now he was completely torn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh Oh! I'm running out of pre-written chapters!!
so I have one more that I've already wrote but I'm going away for two weeks this coming monday so the story will be on a short break!
PLEASE COMMENT!!!!
<3 Anna