Sequel: History
Status: Complete! possible sequel...

Books

Tickets from your boyfriend

"Careful," Mary Clark yelled up to Brent, who was trying to hang a banner from the ceiling in the center hall of the library. He was tall enough to reach the hooks from the ladder, the only problem was that it kept tipping every time he reached an arm up. "Georgia, come over here and help me hold the ladder for Brent!"

"Okay," at the sound of her voice, Brent nearly fell off the unstable ladder on his own. He hadn't spoken to the petite brunette in nearly two weeks. Brent had been away a week, she had taken time off to be with her parents and her younger sister. Surprisingly he had seen her at the Starbucks across the street from his apartment but neither of them had said hi to each other.

After he had snubbed her when she told him her parents were coming to visit, Brent could tell she was hurt. He felt bad but he didn't know what to say or how to explain the way her was feeling about her.

"Are you okay Brent?" He had climbed down from the ladder and Mary Clarke was trying to find the flyers that corresponded with the banner. Georgia was standing next to him, not looking him in the eye, but close enough he could smell the light flowery scent of her shampoo.

"Uh, yeah," he replied. His voice came out more gruff than he intended. "How are your parents?"

"Oh good, they understood why you were gone. It was okay but they still think you are my boyfriend," Georgia said, almost like she was apologizing.

"It's okay, honestly, I don't mind," Brent smiled. He wished it was really true.

* * *

A couple evenings later Brent found him self getting pounded against the boards at the United Center. Sean Avery was cussing whispering in his ear as he was unsuccessfully trying to get the puck away from Brent. The defenseman wasn't listening to a word he was saying but he was happy that he didn't have to play Avery and the Rangers often.

"Look at that sexy little thing," Sean said close to Brent's ear. "She's wearing your ugly number seven Seabrook."

Brent looked up, still guarding the puck with his body, to see Georgia staring back at him. Yes, his favorite librarian was wearing his jersey, she was sitting next to her sister who Brent met at the Japanese restaurant.

"You know she's been watching you like a hawk the entire game," Sean taunted "Too bad I'll be taking her back to the hotel with me later tonight. Show her what a real man is like."

Georgia smiled at Brent who was still looking at her when he heard his captain shout from across the rink.

"Brent! Pass it man!"

Instead of passing it the defenseman dropped his stick and gloves before swing an unexpected punch that sent Sean Avery to the ice. Brent didn't look back at Georgia, afraid she might be glaring at him. He was confident Avery wouldn't be getting up to fight since he seemed to hit the ice hard enough to make him woozy. Brent skated himself towards the penalty box, one of the refs following him saying something about representing the Blackhawks, anger management etc. but Brent wasn't listening.

* * *

"Whoah! Your man's got a temper!" Savannah cheered along with the rest of the UC crowd. "Did you see him! That Rangers guy didn't have a chance!"

"He could have given him a concussion," Georgia said softly, watching Sean get up from the ice slowly, shaking his head.

"It's part of the game, he's tough," Savannah told her older sister, "Personally I thought it was hot!"

Georgia just sighed. It must be a teenager thing she thought.

After the game ended the sisters headed out to the parking lot. Georgia trailing behind Savannah who was leading her down an empty hall, she said was "a secret short cut" that would get them out before the crowds. A few minutes into later the two girls emerged into a silent parking lot that was smaller and less full than the one they remember parking in. Savannah shrugged and started walking through a row of shiny, expensive looking cars, mostly SUV's.

"Georgia?" the brunette turned to see Jonathan Toews staring back her. "This is the staff and players parking lot."

"Opps," Savannah shrugged from beside Georgia.

"Jo?" All three of them turned again towards Brent Seabrook who walked towards them. Behind him Patrick Kane was talking to someone on the phone. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, Jon gave me a pair of tickets and Savannah led me down the wrong hallway," Georgia glared at her half sister who was checking Patrick Kane out.

"Jonathan gave you tickets?" Brent hoped no one could see his face begin to turn red as his blood began to boil.

"Yeah," the captain spoke up, "Friends do that."

"I know!"

Patrick frowned, he was the only one close enough to Brent to be able to tell his ears were unnaturally pink at the moment.

"Um could you give us a ride to the regular parking lot?" Savannah spoke up, breaking some of the tension in the air.

"Sure," Patrick laughed, "Come on."

Savannah hopped into the front passenger seat next to Patrick, who was driving, which left Georgia and a still slightly ticked off Brent to sit in the back. During the short ride the two younger adults chatted and laughed in the front seats while Brent and Georgia sat in silence. Mid way Georgia leaned over the middle seat.

"Um, sorry for not telling you I was going to be at the game."

"It's okay, I'm sorry for punching that guy right in front of you."

"He was talking to you, was that why you were mad?" Georgia asked.

"Yeah, he was chirping about a sensitive subject," You Brent replied. "You know," he continued, "You could've asked your boyfriend for Blackhawks tickets."

"What?"

"Me, you could've asked me," Brent said seriously. Georgia looked doe eyed at him.

"Oh," she started laughing, soon Brent joined her, subconsciously wrapping an arm around his girlfriend.

"They are too cute!" Savannah squealed from the front seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I guess this is sort of filler, but I wanted them to make up!
Sorry about the lack of up dates I was away from the past weeks and a half.
I'm not sure how much longer this story will be, maybe 5 more chapters because I want to finish it before school starts (which is soon sadly)