Sequel: History
Status: Complete! possible sequel...

Books

You better take care of my little girl

It was quarter till seven Chicago time, quarter till five Anaheim time. Brent was relaxing in his condo after an exhausting four game road trip that had ended with a win in Anaheim last night. He was meeting Georgia for dinner with her parents at six-thirty but according to his watch he still had an hour to get dressed and head over to the restaurant their reservation was at.

The sound of the front door opening and the jingling of keys startled Brent out of his daze. He carefully and quietly walked to his front door, grabbing an old hockey stick on the way, in case it was a robber. Not surprisingly it was only Patrick Kane, who raised both hands once he saw Brent holding up a hockey stick, looking ready to clobber him.

"Geez Brent!" Patrick yelped "You scared me!"

"I scared you?" Brent laughed, lowering his weapon, "What are you doing in my apartment? That spare key is only for when I need to you to check on my place when I'm gone. Or emergencies!"

Patrick relaxed once he saw the much bigger defenseman lower his hockey stick.

"It is an emergency," he told Brent "There's no more food at my house and I'm hungry."

"You could've just knocked, better yet, ordered your own pizza and not bother me!" Brent said stuffing the pizza box Patrick had taken out back into his refrigerator.

"I thought you would be out," Patrick said as if it were obvious, "Aren't Georgia's parents in town, I thought you were going out to dinner with them tonight."

"Nah, it's only--" Brent started but his face dropped after he looked at both the oven and microwave clock. "Aw damn it!" he had forgotten to change his watch back to Chicago time after they had returned from the west coast. He was currently twenty minutes late to dinner with Georgia and her folks.

"Better hurry up," Patrick mumbled with a mouth full of Brent's favorite potato chips.

Brent hurried around his apartment, trying to find his wallet and keys while putting on a blue button-up and checking the hall way mirror to make sure he didn't look as stupid as he felt.

"Get out Kaner!" he grabbed the collar of Patrick's shirt and dragged him along with his coat out to the elevator, but not before snatching the potato chips out of Kaner's hands.

* * *

Georgia checked the restaurant's clock for what seemed like the fifteenth time in the past five minutes. Brent was now 35 minute late, he hadn't called or texted her either.

"I thought your boyfriend was going to join us?" her mother asked her daughter.

"Brent," Georgia started, not comfortable with calling him her boyfriend even if they were just pretending for her parents. "Well he was suppose to."

The brunette frowned and looked at the clock once again.

"Sorry I'm late," she heard her favorite Blackhawks' deep voice from beside her, as he sat down. "Sorry Jo."

Georgia blushed when he leaned in to kiss her cheek before shaking hands with her father and greeting her mother. For the next hour and a half dinner went smoothly, Brent made the 'traffic was heavy' excuse for his tardiness. He really didn't want Georgia's parents to think he was a numbskull, especially since, if it was up to him Georgia would be his real girlfriend, not just his fake one.

After dinner Georgia's parent insisted in taking a cab back to their hotel so the young couple could 'get some alone time.'

"Are you sure it's really okay?" Georgia asked her parents once more.

"Sure, sure," her father hugged her, "Brent just got back from a road trip right, you probably want to go back to his place or something."

At this comment both Brent and Georgia blushed, neither sure what her father was exactly implying.

"It was good to see you again sir," Brent said after the older man had released his from a strong hug.

"You better take care of my little girl Mr. Seabrook," her father laughed before closing the door and the taxi cab sped off.

"Oh gosh, he's so embarrassing," Georgia blushed again and covered her face with her hands. Brent pulled her into a hug, without even realizing it, it just felt so right to hold her.

He laughed, "Nah, you haven't met my parents. My mom would pull out the baby pictures first thing and my dad--" Brent stopped talking when he felt Georgia lean into his hug and settle her head against his chest.

"Your dad what," she asked.

"I don't remember what I was going to say," Brent replied honestly.

* * *

Twenty minutes later Brent's sleek Mercedes pulled up in front of her apartment building. He looked over at Georgia who bit her lip, looking as if she was having a battle in her head.

"Do you want to come up?" she finally decided to just offer.

"Maybe some other time," Brent surprised himself by saying. "You know, after you let me take you out on a real date."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm writing another chapter as I post this so look out for it with in the the next few days.
I want to post it before I leave on Sunday.
Hope you enjoy! Comment please!!