Sequel: History
Status: Complete! possible sequel...

Books

Butterflies

Jonathan's P.O.V
As captain I see it as my job to make sure to hear out any advice or complaints my teammates have running through their mind. Whether it about ice time, positioning, defense, passing and so on. As long as it's about our job as professional hockey players I'm all ears. Key words "our job," I don't want to get in the middle of Kaner's off ice girl problems, I mean I'll be there for him as a friend but I won't be his counselor. I doubt he would want my advice anyways.

So what am I doing here now, standing in from of Brent's stall about to ask him about his love life? I think I've gone crazy. "Too many pucks to the head!" My mom would say. But hell, the guy hasn't talked to me, other than calling for a pass, since the game Georgia was at. Normally we talk often since we're good friends, so you could understand why I'm a little confused. Then again I didn't really expect to hear they were dating from Georgia's sister, I thought Brent would tell me himself. They didn't seem to get along that well when I was at the library during Brent's training anyways.

"Seabs," I try to get his attention while he organizes his gear for the equipment team to pack up. "How've you been?"

"Okay," my teammate mumbled back.

"How's Georgia?" I prompt, trying to dig deeper. Maybe he's mad that I gave her tickets but I don't know why he would be. "Did she enjoy the game?"

"Fine, yeah she thought it was cool," he mumbles.

"So are you two still an item?" I can't believe I was asking this, I used to hate listening to girls at my high school gossip about their relationships.

"What's it to you?" Brent's eyes narrowed at me. "Either way you can't date her."

That surprised me, he wasn't usually the possessive kind of guy. "Well, that's not really why--"

"I mean we all have to focus on getting to the playoffs again and stuff. No distractions," Brent frowned at his own words.

"Right," I just decided to agree. "Look Seabs, she seems like a great girl for you so don't be overly strict on what I said. Everyone needs to have fun now and then."

"Say's Captain Serious," Brent cracks a smile, I can tell he is relieved that I'm not interested in Georgia like that. Don't get me wrong I think she pretty but she's Brent's, I'll take a phrase I heard Kaner's sister use and say he's totally smitten.

* * *

"Hello?" Georgia answered her cell phone curiously. Unknown number flashed across the screen again, she was nervous about answering but decided it could be Savannah calling from a pay phone if she was lost.

"Hi, this is Georgia?" A male voice replied.

"Yes, w-who's this?" she tried to keep back she stutters and sound confident.

"Patrick Kane," The person on the other end of the line replied. "I copied your number from Brent's phone. Hope you don't mind."

"No, no of course not," Georgia let out a sigh of relief that it wasn't some creep who was calling her.

"Good," Patrick paused "I was wondering if I could have your sister's phone number?" he continued quickly in one breath.

"Why?" Georgia inquired further, she thought knew the reason why but she wanted to hear him say it, so she could be sure. Asking 'why' also gave her more time to consider if she should give Patrick the chance to ask her little sister out on a date. He seemed nice, he was a good friend of Brent's. Brent had also mentioned he was a little immature, then again so was Savannah but she was nearly five years younger than Pat.

"Are you gonna make me say it?" Patrick chuckled, which brought Georgia back to their conversation.

"You want to ask my little sister out?" Georgia raised her eye brow even though he couldn't see her. "That's what I'm thinking."

"Yup," Patrick popped the 'p' at the end. "So…"

"608 433 5867," Georgia decided to give just it to him.

"Thanks Jo!"

"Be careful Patrick," Georgia warned before hanging up.

After stuffing her cell phone back into her purse Georgia finished up her sandwich and balled up the paper napkin before throwing it away. She then headed back to the library for her afternoon shift with Brent. At that thought she paused for a second in her brisk walk.

Brent Brent who had, some what discreetly asked her out on a date the last time she had seen him. She hadn't said yes, or no, she hadn't said anything, just mumbled something incoherent like 'thanks for the ride.' Georgia remembered back to the moment after she had gotten out of his car blushing like crazy and smiling to herself once he had driven away.

What if he had been joking Georgia thought to herself. Sure they were dating in the eyes of her family members but he had said "After I take you out on a real date" real date. What exactly was that suppose to mean? A date that didn't involve her parents? Just the two of them. You're reading way to into this Jo she mentally scolded herself. Ugh! and now you're talking to yourself!

* * *

Ten minutes later Georgia reached the public library, before going in she noticed Brent's Mercedes was already parked out front. Inside her heart pounded a little louder, she didn't know how to describe the feeling other than it was like she had butterflies in her stomach. Nervous maybe? Georgia had never felt this way about seeing Brent before, what was so different this time? Because now you like him as more than a friend her subconscious quipped. Georgia rolled her eyes, dismissing the thought before walking into the library.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry she didn't actually answer Brent's sort of question from the last chapter.
But don't worry it will happen soon!

I had a tough time writing this chapter, I re-wrote it 3 times and throughout I realized I had woven a small web of certain details that wouldn't make sense if I added certain parts. I hope you enjoy it and it makes sense and PLEASE COMMENT!!