Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Insane

I cowered behind Tony. If Jane had found me then there was no way in hell I was going to be alive in the next five seconds. I pulled off my sunglasses and wig, shaking out my pitch black hair. If I was going to die, I was going to die as me and with my dignity.
"That's him. He's the one I saw," a musical voice chimed.
"Where is she?" a deep, husky voice growled. A voice I recognized very well.
"Jacob!" I gasped out. I went around Tony's still form to run out but he caught my arm. I looked up at his stony face to see him glaring at Jacob, Edward, Alice, and Emmett.
"Let her go," Jake ordered.
"Tony, it's fine. These are my friends. You should know that." I narrowed my eyes at him in a silent reminder of his lie. His cold expression didn't change.
"No, Lizzy, it's fine. If your friend wants proof of who we are, we can give it to you,” Edward reassured me. He had a small smile, obviously enjoying something.
"Really? But I know it's you. I mean it’s not like all four of you can have doppelgangers, right?" Well, I guess it was possible. The thought of possible doppelgangers instantly invaded my mind and made my head spin. I was caught up in my own lala land for a minute.
“Lizzy, focus,” Alice ordered with a laugh. “Sometimes I swear that you have ADHD.” I scowled at her.
"Just ask us a question so we can prove who we are," Edward said, laughing at my thoughts.
"Um... okay? This is going to be a complete waste of time. Who's my favorite person in the world?"
"Me," Jacob answered with a smile. I smiled back at him. Emmett hit the back of his head which made me giggle a little.
"The answer's Bella, of course," Alice said.
I turned my attention to Edward. He smirked. "It's a trick question. You guys are actually both right. Lizzy, you know that you can't count your family as one person." I grinned.
"Hey, that's cheating," Jacob complained. Damn, I missed him.
"Yes, it is. But I'm me so I can do whatever the fuck I want. And 'family' is a singular noun so I can count it as one person." Edward rolled his eyes. I turned to Tony who was still holding me back. "Do you trust them now, Tony?" He nodded stiffly.
The second he released my arm I tackled Jacob in a hug. He spun me around once and captured my lips with his own. "I love you, Lizzy," he whispered in my ear. His warm breath sent chills down my spine and I almost felt sorry for Edward for having to hear my thoughts. Almost, but not quite.
"Good," I responded, "because I love you, too."
"But what about-?"
"Jace? He's an ass. I only went with him so that they wouldn't hurt any of you. I knew that if I pretended that I wanted Jace, you wouldn’t go after me."
"Well aren't you self-sacrificing?" Emmett teased.
I shrugged. "Guess I learned something from Bella. Speaking of which, where is she?"
"Bella's in Paris," Alice answered. She looped her arm through mine and led me further away from the city.
"You guys left Bella in Paris by herself?" I shrieked. I stopped dead in my tracks.
"Of course not. She's with Jasper, Rosalie, and Leah."
My eyes were bulging out. "What?! You left my twin sister with Rosalie and Leah? You left Rosalie and Leah with each other? Are you insane?! Alice, please tell me you're kidding."
"Relax, Lizzy, Rosalie and Leah actually have quite a bit in common. They've actually become friends since you've been gone," Alice reassured me.
"No way? Huh. I never would have guessed that."
"Elizabeth?" Tony called. I turned to see that he hadn't moved an inch. I untangled myself from Alice and walked back toward him. "It was great to meet you." He was completely serious. He looked like the stranger I'd met all those weeks ago rather than my friend.
"Come with us," I said quietly. "We both know that you can't go back."
"Then I won't go back. I'll find somewhere else to go."
"At least come with us to Paris? If any of them find out that you helped me then who knows what they’ll do. Please, I’ll be worried about you if you don’t."
“I don’t think that’s a very good idea.”
My brown eyes narrowed dangerously. “Dude, I’m trying to be nice her. It doesn’t happen often so just accept the offer before I kick your ass.”
His lips twitched in an attempt to smile. He looked over my shoulder. I'm almost positive that Jacob was glaring but I couldn't guess the others’ expressions. Finally, Tony sighed. "I guess I can do that."
"Good. Now let's get the hell out of here."
Alice grabbed my hand and started skipping along by me. "We've missed you so much. It's been a complete drag without you. Everyone's been so depressed. You'd think somebody'd died."
"Yeah, thanks Alice," I mumbled sarcastically.
She stopped in front of a blue Ascari A10. "I don't think we're all going to fit." There was a sliver Pontiac Solstice GXP parked next to it. "Tony, Jacob, and I will take this one." I picked the lock as the three Cullens climbed into the Ascari. It was actually really easy to hotwire the Solstice.
We followed them with me driving. There was kind of an awkward silence for a while. Well, this is going to be an interesting ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
hellooooo my lovelie readerssss!!! i sincerly hope ya'lls liked this chapter. yeah, kinda anticlimatic with the whole rescue, but w/e. i found the doppelganger incident going through lizzy's mind especially entertaining because i haver her portrayed my nina dobrev, who plays elena on TVD. i u watch that show then you'll get wat i'm thinking.
anyway, thank you: Art_Flavor, alyssanparker, two sided heart, already insane, JustThinking for your wonderful comments XD