Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Freak Out

The plane ride from New York to Seattle wasn't very long. Our group took up all of first class so we didn't have to worry about bothering other people. What we did have to worry about was keeping it all PG-13 with all the couples. That included Tony and Leah. Who would've guessed. I talked to her about her new boyfriend on the much shorter plane ride from Seattle to Forks.
"Shut up," she hissed, "He's not my boyfriend."
"Just answer this: did you imprint on him?" Rose whispered.
"No," she said defensively. "It's not supernatural, it's real. I can't explain it but I just feel so..."
"Wonderful? Fantastic? Terrific?'
"In love?" Bella suggested.
"Yeah, maybe. And he feels the same. I can't believe of all people I was the one to fall for a vampire." A small smile played on the corners of her mouth."
"Ah! Leah's in love!" I screamed. She growled fiercely. I swear, that girl was ready to tear me to shreds.
Edward, Bella, Jacob, and I were all squeezed into Edward's Volvo driving along the familiar road to Dad's house. I had gotten used to the idea of seeing my dad every day. I smiled when I was able to see the house down the street.
"By the way, what did you tell him when I never came home?" I asked as Edward parked along the street.
"I said that you and Emma went to New York to visit her uncle. He was pretty pissed off that you left and especially that you never called. I'm sure you'll be grounded for life," Bella smiled.
I made a face. "Just perfect. Well at least I'm home for him to ground me. Not like I'll actually listen though."
"Bella? Lizzy?" Dad came rushing out the door the second the car doors shut. He looked a little worse for wear. He gazed hopefully at us and his eyes lit up when he saw me. He pulled me into a ginormous bear-hug and pulled me into the hosue. "Liz, I've been so worried about you. You should know better than to just run off like that. You could have called and let someone know that you were still alive."
If only he knew how close I was to not being alive. "Sorry, Dad, no phone."
"You are grounded for all eternity. Your mother is having a fit. She's been calling every day five times a day. You might want to call and let her know where you were."
"Well, at least you two are talking. That's more conversations in three weeks than you've had in 17 years," I joked.
Dad's eyes narrowed at me. "Just go call her."
I turned to go to the phone in the kitchen when Edward stiffened and Jacob started shaking violently. "Shit. What is it now?"
"Jacob, not in here. You're too close to Lizzy," Edward warned. I noticed Edward's jaw was tight as his eyes darted frantically around the room.
"Jacob, you're shivering. Are you cold? You know, you really should be wearing clothes," my clueless dad said.
"Edward, what's going on?" Bella whined.
My head suddenly started throbbing. "Jane. She's close by."
"Who's Jane?" Dad asked stunned.
The door burst open. I was fully expecting to see a seriously pissed of Volturi teenager. Instead, Jace and Victoria stood silhouetted in the door frame. "Oh, what's the matter, Lizzy-beth?" Victoria cooed. "Got a headache? It's just a little trick Janey-poo taught me."
"Ya know, Liz, babe, that wasn't very smart to return home so soon. At first I thought you'd go back to your mom but then I remembered that dog you kept crying over."
My headache got worse. I was doubling over in pain and barely saw Jake phase into his wolf self in the middle of our living room.
"What the hell?" Dad shouted.
Bella rushed to my side. As soon as her skin touched mine, the pain stopped. Victoria looked confused for a moment before a deadly smirk crossed her features. "Oh, Bella can also shield her sister. Isn't that so sweet? I'm sure Aro would love to hear about this."
"Get the fuck out of my house," I demanded. Now that my head wasn't hurting, I felt more in control.
"Why? You two smell so delicious and we haven't eaten all day. I think I can go for a little snack right about now. How about you, Jace?"
That was the last straw for Jake. He lunged at the two tackling outside on the front lawn. Luckily, the yard is completely shaded by thick trees or the neighbors would've had a field day.
"Bella, love, stay in here," Edward said. He ran out the door in a blur.
Dad seemed to have regained his senses. "Girls, are you okay?" He was trying to be brave but I could tell that he was freaking out big time. He pulled Bella and me into a hug while he stared helplessly toward the door.
"Fine, Dad," I answered. I wanted to see how the fight was going and make sure Jacob was okay but I was too frozen to move a muscle. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest trying to get out.
A little later- it could have been ten seconds or ten minutes- Edward and Jacob re-entered the house. Jake was limping slightly but his wounds were already healing up.
I stared at him with worried eyes until he gave me a small smile. "Everything's all good. Your boyfriend won't be bothering you anymore." I let out the breath I hadn't even realized I'd been holding.
"Edward?"
"I'm fine, Bella. Victoria can't try to hurt you."
I took a big whiff and could smell the sickly-sweet smoke drifting in from outside.
"What is going on here?!"
Aw, my poor dad was going through a lot. He was probably about to have a panic attack. "Daddy sit down. Just promise that you'll stay calm. Well the thing is- Bella has something to tell you!" I pushed my twin in front of me and hid behind her. What? All this was mostly her fault so it's her story. Plus, I'm sort of a coward when it comes to breaking bad news to Dad.
She glared at me for a second. "Well, Dad... You see... The thing is... Edward? A little help?"
Jacob rolled his eyes. "Charlie, I'm a werewolf and Cullen's a vampire. Maybe you should call my dad and he can explain all the technical crap."
"And those other two?" he stuttered. Actually, he was taking this better than expected. Better than I had, anyway.
"Vampires," Edward answered. "That's a long story."
"Yeah, I guess there's a lot of long stories you need to hear. Like the one about I've actually been in Italy being held hostage for the last three weeks. Those two jerk-offs kidnapped me while I was hanging out with Leah. Hey, Jake, is there any way I could kick Jace' sorry ass at least one more ti-"
"Lizzy!" Bella growled, trying to keep me focused. What can I say, I get sidetracked easily.
"Sorry, not the pont. Um... Dad? I think it might be time for another barbecue with the Cullens and Quileutes. Don't you agree?"
♠ ♠ ♠
this one is coming out early just because i'm in a good mood since my twin (Ducky17) finally updated! so enjoy and thanks to the people that did comment: already insane, nicolecullen, Art_Flavor, JustThinking u guys rock my sox!