Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Cat's Outta the Bag

It's a good thing my dad has a big backyard because other way all the wolves, Cullens, and us would never have fit. Right down the middle of the yard there seemed to be an invisible line separating Sam's pack from Carlisle's family. I thought that the two distinct sides was really stupid. Really, how stubborn could you get?
Billy rolled up to Dad, who was holding onto me and Bella for dear life- he was probably afraid one of us would disappear or get eaten. Wait, that was a bad joke, but you get the picture. "Hey, Charlie. Hello, girls. It's good to see you back in one piece, Lizzy."
I smiled. "Thanks, Billy. Sorry for all the trouble it caused. I hear Jake was pretty beat up about it?"
"You have no idea. But I'm glad to see it all worked out." He directed his attention to his best friend. "Why don't you girls run along so Charlie and I can talk?"
I was going to take the "run" suggestion literally. I tried pulling out of Dad's death-grip but he just squeezed my shoulders tighter with his arm. Holy crap he's got a grip for an old dude! "Um, Dad? Let go! Bella and I both have boyfriends to find."
"You two are staying right here by me."
"Dad," I whined. "We're 17. You've known Jacob since he was little and you know Edward isn't going to do anything. Honestly, we're safer with them than with you."
He glared at me for a second before loosening his grasp. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and booked it with Bella in tow. "Damn, I thought he'd never let go. I'm gonna have a bruise from him holding my shoulder so tight."
"Come on, Liz, you know he's just worried about us."
"Oh I know. But wouldn't you rather be with Edward than him when Billy explains everything? The shit’s gonna hit the fan big time."
She grimaced, obviously imagining the inevitable explosion to come. "Fine, I see you're point. But you don't have to be so rude."
"That was rude? Huh, and I thought I was being polite. Polite for me, anyway," I added.
My twin rolled her eyes. "I'll see you later, Liz. I'm gonna go talk to Edward."
"Yeah, yeah. See you Bells."
We parted ways, her going to the vampire side and me going to the wolf side. Ugh, this is so stupid. They can't get over themselves, for two minutes? I was about to bury myself in shirtless bodies to look for Jake when I noticed that Tony was sitting on the wet grass with Leah in his lap. They weren't making out, just talking. I smirked at him with one eyebrow raised.
Tony saw me and smiled. "What? The grass is wet and I didn't want her to have to sit in it. Is that a problem, Lizzy?" Leah grinned like crazy. I shook my head and smiled at them.
"Aw, isn't that sweet? You two are totally the perfect couple. Yin and yang. Well, good luck with that." I’ll admit the last part was a little sarcastic, but I really was happy for them.
I turned to continue my journey in finding my boyfriend when Sam stormed up. "Leah, what are you doing?" he demanded.
"What does it look like? I'm talking to my boyfriend."
"Leah," he growled warningly. "You of all people know better than that."
She jumped to her feet. "I'm tired of being miserable, Sam. I'm tired of being the only one alone while I have to sit back and watch you and Emily all lovey-dovey every day. I have to watch her getting ready to marry you in a month. My cousin, who was more like a sister to me. Do you have any idea how frustrating that is?"
By this time the entire party was gathered to watch the argument. "Yes I fucking do! You very gladly share that burden with the rest of us!"
"You don't know the half of it."
"Oh really?"
"Yes, really," Jasper interrupted. He took a step forward and looked Sam directly in the eye. Not gonna lie, it was a little scary seeing them glare so fiercely at each other. But I was pretty glad that Jasper was defending Leah. "What Leah has been sharing with you is just a small portion of what she's really feeling. You don't know how much pain she was in but I do."
Leah shot him a grateful smile before turning back toward Sam. "I've found someone that I love and that actually loves me back. I'm not going to let you ruin it this time, Sam. I'm through being alone and I don't care what you say. And if that means leaving home, then so be it."
Sam took a step in her direction. Being the stupid idiot that I am, I stepped in front of him and held my hands out to stop him. It was only after my palms hit his bare chest that I noticed he was shaking violently. Oh, shit.
The second before he phased I was tackled out of the way by none other than Jacob. At least now I found him. He was hovering over me looking me dead in the eye. "What the hell were you thinking?" he asked worriedly.
"I wasn't," I answered simply. He sighed heavily and kissed my forehead lightly.
I got to my feet and noticed that Paul and Jared had shifted into wolves to try and calm Sam down. Leah was running around the corner of the house towards the front yard. Seth started chasing after her but I quickly grabbed his arm. "Let me, Seth. I'll make sure your sister's okay."
He smiled gratefully. "Thanks, Liz."
I nodded toward him once. "Rose, come on. Leah needs us right now." She nodded and followed me to the front of the house where Leah was crying on the porch.
I have some major damage control to take care of.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, yeah, we get it. poor charlie. boo-hoo. hahaha. i'm just kidding, i'd be flippin out too! thanks for the comments: already insane, JustThinking, Deena1993, Art_Flavor, two sided heart..... i hope ya'll liked this one XD