Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Great Escape

We spent hours in dressing rooms. God only knows how much of the Cullen's money we wasted. I'd honestly have to say that the most interesting part of the shopping experience was when Angela was trying to convince Alice that she could pay for her own clothes.
"Alice, I can use my credit card. It's really no big deal."
Alice rolled her eyes slightly, sliding her platinum card through the slot. "Will you stop worrying about it? We've got it totally covered."
"No, Alice,” I insist.
"Too late now,” Alice said cheerfully. “I've already paid."
Angela sighed as she collected her bags from the counter. The rest of us followed her lead, me carrying six huge bags full of clothes I’d never in a million years wear. I was having trouble carrying my bags so I wasn’t exactly paying total attention to where I was going. We were exiting the department store when I was almost literally pushed on my ass.
“Watch where you're going, Swan," Lauren's nasally voice said.
I jumped to my feet and threw my shopping bags down. "Watch where I'm going? Are you fucking kidding me? You're the one that pushed me."
"Ugh, I did not. You got in my way."
I took a threatening step toward her but someone caught me. "What the hell are you even doing here?'
"It's a free country, isn't it?" Jessica asked in her snobby tone.
"Maybe. But you knew that we were going to be here. What do you want? Or did you come just to piss me off?"
"Of course not. Jess and I just had some shopping we needed to get done. Is there something wrong with that?"
"Well why don't you two buy yourselves a new attitude? That's what you really need."
"This coming from the slutty bitch of Forks High?"
That does it. I yanked my right arm free and sent my fist flying into her nose. "Screw you whore," I screamed.
Lauren cried out in pain and her hands flew to her nose. I pulled my arm back again but felt Leah's warm hands grip my arm. I heard someone gasp from behind me but didn't pay any attention to it.
"Rose, Alice, let's go to the car," Bella muttered.
"Um... I'll go with you," Angela said quietly.
"What is your problem?" Jessica demanded. Jess was hovering over Lauren's hunched frame. Lauren was down on the ground squeezing her nose. Sticky scarlet blood was flowing freely down her forearms. Well that sort of explains why Rosalie and Alice had to leave in such a hurry. I really couldn't care less if both of those bitches had all the blood sucked out of them.
"Don't fuck with me, asshole," I said darkly.
"Um, Emma, why don't we get Lauren and Jessica to their car? Lizzy's in good hands." I really didn't know what she was talking about. It took me a minute too long to realize that the warm hand was still holding me even after Leah had escorted Lauren and Jessica away.
"What the-?" I turned quickly to find Jacob smiling at me. My bad mood instantly shifted and I smiled back. "What are you doing here?"
"I came to rescue you," he answered. "But it looks like those two are the ones that needed to be saved from you."
My eyes narrowed just a little. "Yeah, why did you stop me from punching her lights out?"
He chuckled. "Your leech friends looked like they were about to lose it."
I hit his arm but that only made my hand hurt. "You're a butt, you know that?"
He kissed my lips, catching me off guard. "Yeah, I know. But isn't that one of the reasons you love me so much?"
I pretended to think on that. "I'm not so sure about that right now. Lauren deserves what she got and more. She just ruined my whole day."
"Anything I can help with?" he asked slyly.
I put my arms around his neck. Standing on my tip toes, I pressed my lips to his. "I can think of some ways. I wanted to go to the beach with you but Alice dragged me here instead. That sound good for you?"
"Sure, sure." He grabbed my hand and we started walking down the boardwalk. I felt like I was in one of those cheesy love movies.
"So what are you doing here?"
"I told you, I came to save you. Glad this time you kissed me rather than punched me this time."
"This time I actually needed saving. Last time I could have handled myself."
He laughed. "Yeah, right."
I scowled. "You know I can take care of myself. Anyway, how did you even know I would be here?"
"Isn't it obvious? Leah told me. She said that you didn't sound very excited to be going on this extravaganza."
"Hm, Leah was right. Glad you could make it."
Jake led me to a small Italian restaurant. He opened the door for me like a perfect gentleman. "Dinner than the beach. Deal?"
I smiled and nodded. "Deal." Wow, that would be my first real date with Jacob. And honestly I couldn't imagine anything better.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm..... not much to say so i guess i'll just do the thank you's: JustThinking, already insane, alyssanparker, PixieChick101, mebg