Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Viva Halloween

*JACOB'S POV*
I spent most of my time in my wolf form. Even patrolling for hours on end until I was so exhausted I couldn't even dream wasn't helping me get over Lizzy. I don't think it's possible to get over your imprint breaking your heart. The last five months have been a living hell.
"Are you going to the Halloween party tomorrow night?" Leah asked me cautiously.
"What are you talking about?" I asked dully. I've become a total zombie over the past few months. I didn't even try to annoy the hell out of Leah anymore.
"The Cullens are having a little party at their house tomorrow night. Tony and Rosalie invited me and Seth. They said that anyone from that pack that wants to go is more than welcome. You can come with us, if you want to, anyway."
"No thanks," I muttered.
"Oh come on. Embry's going with Emma and even Quil's gonna be there. It'll be fun."
"I said no thanks."
"Lizzy'll be there," she said in a sing-song tone. "Maybe you could talk to her."
I looked Leah square in the eye. She looked back at me with an innocent expression. "I'll think about it," I finally sighed.
"Cool." Leah got up and walked away, leaving me alone on First Beach.
I looked out to the rocks and thought about the times that Bella and then Lizzy had gone cliff-diving. I sighed, not sure which direction my thoughts were going to. I had been so scared when Bella had jumped because I didn't want to lose her. But with Lizzy, I wasn't as worried. Was it because I cared about Bella more or because Lizzy wasn't as breakable as her sister? UGH! Why is everything so confusing?!
I finally got up as the sun was going down. Rachel was at home with Paul when I walked in the door. "Uh, hi Jacob," my sister said cautiously, probably not wanting to set my short fuse.
"Rach, I need your help. I'm going to a Halloween party tomorrow and I need a costume. Lizzy's going to be there so it can't be retarded. Any ideas?"
Her face lit up. "I've got the best idea. You're going to try to win her back, right?"
"Yes," I answered slowly. What was she getting at?
"Then you should go as a knight in shining armor. It'll be the most romantic thing ever!"
Lizzy wasn’t exactly one for romance, but I was willing to try anything. "Thanks, Rachel. That's a good idea."

*LIZZY*
"Is there a problem, Mr. Evans?"
"No, Miss Swan. Quite the opposite, actually. Due to the amount of extra credits you earned during summer school, are have enough to graduate after this semester." He smiled happily at me while I stood there like an idiot.
"What do you mean?" I asked stupidly.
"Next semester when the classes switch you will not have to take any. You may if you wish, but you do have the option of an early graduation."
"Thank you, Mr. Evans. I'll talk to my dad about it and get back with you Monday. Is that all right?"
"Of course. Just drop by my office when you get the chance."
It took quite the effort to keep my thoughts blank when I got back into the cafeteria. Everyone looked at me curiously but no one but Alice tried to pry. My thoughts turned to strangling her for being so annoying. Edward snorted slightly at that.
I did tell Bella the news right after school. I really needed her opinion in the matter. I would tell Dad on Sunday after the Halloween party. Come Saturday afternoon, I was beginning to wish that I had waited to tell Bella too. It's been a whole twenty-four hours and she still hasn't shut up about it! She's just lucky she's my twin or there would be some serious hell.
"I think you should tell Mom and Dad. They'll both be so proud of you." I yanked her hair with the curling iron I was using. "Ow! What was that for?"
"Sorry. It got stuck," I answered with false sweetness. It was a big lie and even Bella could see right through it. Her chocolate eyes narrowed slightly at me but I could tell that she was going to drop the subject.
She sighed. "Just don't burn me please. And thank you so much for doing my hair."
"Mm-hm. No problem."
Dad, Bella, and I drove to the Cullens in the cruiser. Bella was in the front seat because of her fifteenth century dress. Bella was Juliet and Edward was going to be Romeo complete with tights. That would be the funniest thing in the world. Anyway, I was stuck in the back, but I didn't really mind. I'm sure I looked pretty hilarious dressed as Ghostface, the Scream killer in the back of the police car. Dad wasn't dressed up like the rest of us but I'm sure that Carlisle and Esme wouldn't be in costume either.
The room was already pretty full when we walked in. I had the scariest costume of the bunch and most everyone was a couple. It was a little sickening to see that I was pretty much the only person without a date. Even Esme and Carlisle matched wearing orange and black outfits. Alice and Jasper were Tinkerbell and Peter Pan, Rosalie was a queen and Emmett was her jester, Ben and Angela were a bride and groom, Tony and Leah were dressed as Han Solo and Princess Leia from Star Wars, Emma and Embry had come as Lucy and Ricky from the old I Love Lucy sitcom, and Seth was there with some other girl from La Push as Danny Zuko and Sandy from Grease. Even Quil, who was a horse, was with someone dressed as a knight. I couldn't tell who that was because the visor of the helmet was down. There were a bunch of other people that I didn’t know, all with dates. Needless to say, Dad and I stood out as being all alone at the party.
I was sitting on the stairs playing with the knife I'd gotten for my costume, complete with my own blood on the blade from the day before- I just hoped that none of the vampires in the room could smell it. Seriously, why was I here when I could be having a movie marathon? Stupid Alice.
"Lizzy, I found someone for you to dance with." Well speak of the devil.
"Alice, I don't want to dance. I want to just sit here and wallow in self-pity."
Her eyes narrowed a little. "You're going to sit here all night?"
"No," I answered curtly. "In a little while I'm gonna go and snack on a bunch of sugar. Besides, who other than me doesn't have a date?"
She beamed at me. "You'll see," she sang. Grabbing my hand, Alice led me across the room to where Quil and the knight were standing.
"See ya, dude," Quil was saying. "I've got to go get Claire to take her trick-or-treating."
"Yeah, bye," the knight mumbled.
"Knight in shining armor, this is the scream killer. Scream killer, this is the knight in shining armor. Now you've met. Have fun."
"Alice!" I hissed as she pranced away.
"Not having fun?" the knight asked.
"Not really. I was dragged here. You?"
He shrugged. "I'm actually looking for someone. My ex-girlfriend was supposed to be here or I wouldn't have come."
"What are you, some kind of stalker?" I joked.
"No, I actually haven't seen her in months."
"Well what is she supposed to be dressed as?"
"Knowing her, she'll probably come waltzing in as the Queen of the Damned or something. That's just the time of girl she is."
I giggled. That's a good one in a house of vampires. Why didn't I think of it? "Sorry, haven't seen anyone dressed as a vampire tonight." Well, it was almost the truth. This guy was pretty easy to get along with. We spent a good half hour just talking about the most random things. Then Shakira's She-wolf started and thoughts of Jacob that were always at the back of my mind hit me full force.
"Excuse me," I said hurriedly. I ran into the kitchen and out the back door. Ripping off the mask, the cool night air snipped at my cheeks. I took my phone from my jeans under the costume and just stared at the screen, debating on whether or not to call Jacob. I wanted- no needed to hear his voice so badly but I was afraid that then I would go running back to him. No, Jacob deserved someone in his life that he could be proud of and not have to worry about being in trouble all the time.
I was about to shove my phone back in my pocket when it started buzzing. The screen said PRIVATE NUMBER across it. "Hello?" I said, flipping it open.
"Hello, I'm calling for Elizabeth Swan," a very professional sounding woman said.
"This is her."
"I'm calling from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas admissions office. We are calling to inform you that you have been accepted into UNLV for the spring or fall semester for 2011."
"Really? But I only submitted for fall."
"Yes, well we got a letter from a Mrs. Joanne Barron saying that you would be graduating after this winter. Our admissions office reviewed your transcripts and is offering you admittance for the spring semester if you are so inclined."
"Thank you very much. I would be honored to start at your school this January."
♠ ♠ ♠
keep in mind, she hasn't spoken to Jacob in like half a year. so niether of them actually know who their talking to. anyway, thanks: PixieChick101, ShadowWalker, already insane for commenting. love you guys!!!!! oh! and happy graduation peoples!! especially my twin, (ducky17).