Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Reunion

I stood in complete shock just staring at Jacob. I was totally breathless and my heart was pounding a million miles a minute. "What are you doing here?" I finally choked out.
"We need to talk."
"A-about wh-what?" I stuttered.
"Us," he answered simply. Talk about deja vu. Last time those words were uttered I’d completely fucked up my life by breaking up with him. What could he possibly need to tell me now?
I swallowed. "What is there left to talk about?"
He walked up in one long stride and pulled me close to him. "Let's go somewhere a little more private. This might take a while." I nodded and we went to wait for the bus.
The ride back to my apartment was silent. I sat on the couch waiting for him to begin. He sighed heavily after a while and started talking. "Lizzy, I've been thinking a lot about what you said. And I think you might be partially right."
"See, I told you," I muttered defiantly.
He covered my mouth with his warm hand so that I would shut up. His gorgeous chocolate brown eyes narrowed slightly at me. "Can you let me explain first? Look, I did fall in love with Bella just because. If I hadn't imprinted, I might have still tried to win her over. But, the more time I spent with you the less I started thinking about her. You became the only reason for me to live since I couldn't have Bells. It's not just my wolf side that is in love with you.
"Every time that you were in danger, I felt like a part of me was dying. Without you, my life was pointless. Elizabeth, I can't live without you."
"Jacob, I don't want to go on without you either. That's the thing that I'm so fucking terrified of. The closer I get to you, the more vulnerable I am."
"When are you going to get it through your thick skull that I'm never going to hurt you?"
"When I stop being so stubborn. It's just a character trait."
He smirked a little. "Then I'll have a long wait. But that's one of the things I love about you. I love that you're stubborn, cynical, annoying, unpredictable, and don't take crap from anyone. I love everything about you."
My brown eyes were brimming with tears. "Jacob, I love you too."
I threw my arms tightly around his neck and crashed my lips to his. He was caught off guard at first but was soon kissing me back with intense passion. My lips parted slightly and his tongue entered my mouth deepening the kiss. One of his hands held the small of my back and the other was cradling my neck, pulling me close to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he walked backwards until he landed on the couch. My sweatshirt was already discarded and I felt his warm hands slowly start sliding my T-shirt up. I've been kissed before but this one tops the cake.
"I'll make you a deal," I gasped when we pulled apart. "We'll give this another try. You'll come and live here with me and we'll be together. But if you break my heart, I will tell Leah to totally murder you."
"That's fine with me," he answered against my lips. "Just as long as I get to be with you." He attacked my lips again.
I pulled away. "Wait, how did you know where to find me?"
He blinked in confusion. "Alice told me. She looked into the future I guess."
I rolled my eyes. "Obviously. But she can't see my future. How would she have known where I was?"
"She can't?"
"Nope. It's like I don't exist. Vampire powers that have to do with anything physical don't work on me. Carlisle says that Bella and I are like two pieces of a puzzle in that way."
"Well that explains it. She told me that in order to find you then I would have to make the decision to come see you. I guess she just saw the place and time totally disappear because of me."
“Guess so."
I leaned in so that my head was resting on Jacob's shoulder. I felt him twirling a strand of my hair between his fingers. We there for a few minutes with him kissing my forehead every so often. "I'm glad you're here," I sighed. "This feels so good."
"Yeah, it does. It feels right. You and I were meant to be together, Lizzy."
"I-" I was interrupted by a series of loud bangs on the door. I groaned loudly but hauled myself off the couch to answer it. I wrenched the door open with unnecessary force.
Leah and Tony rushed into the room closing the door behind them. "Lizzy, we've got a problem," Leah said. She looked paler than normal.
"What kind of problem?" This had better be frickin’ good.
"You're going to be receiving a couple of visitors."
"Who?" Jake demanded. He came and hugged me from behind.
"Jane and Aro," Tony answered with his eyes locked on mine. I blanched and felt myself clam up in fear. My heart started pounding harder than before and I felt like I was going to be sick. "Alice saw that the Volturi was planning something but they keep changing their minds. I looked in and saw that Jane and Aro are coming for you. They want to make you one of them."
"Over my dead body!" I shouted.
"I think that's what they want."
I was confused for a second before I noticed the irony to my words. Whoops. How did I get into college again? Okay, enough babbling. "So what's the deal? Where is everyone?"
"Carlisle thought it better if only I was here when they come. Leah insisted on coming with me and I couldn't tell her no. Just like I'm sure Jacob isn't going to leave either." He shook his head. "The others are close by just in case."
I rubbed my temples. "Okay. How long do we have until Jane comes and tries to kill me?"
"Not long." Her high, squeaky voice could be recognized anywhere. She and her master stood in my doorway and she had a huge smirk plastered on her face. Goddamn that bitch!
♠ ♠ ♠
woo-hoo! i love comments!!!! so thanks to.... (drumroll please) PixieChick1o1, already insane, JustThinking, alyssanparker, two sided heart i <3 u!!