Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Blast From the Past

I felt myself freeze in fear. Jane looked young but she was one tough bitch that would love to see me suffer. I put on a brave face trying to hide what I was really feeling. "Janey-poo. Don't you know that you're supposed to knock before going into someone's house?"
She scowled fiercely. "Don't call me that," she snapped.
"Why not, kid?"
She hissed menacingly. I smirked. Jane might scare the shit out of me but it was just so much fun to piss her off. "You little bitch!" Jane shrieked, making Jacob growl in her direction.
"Now, now, Jane, dear. We are guests in Elizabeth's house. It is very impolite of you to use such language," Aro scolded.
"Yes, Master," Jane muttered.
"Aro, what brings you here?" I asked. My words were dripping with false sweetness to cover the poison.
Aro frowned but I could tell it was just an act for his kind facade. "It's a matter of this whole law business. You know about our world and the penalty is death or that you join it. Jane and I have come to fix that mistake."
"Oh, really? But what about all the humans you have working at the castle in Volterra?"
"They know the consequences. Plus there is the matter of you running away. Poor Jane here was so worried when she lost you."
Tony snorted. "Jane doesn't worry about anyone but herself. We all know this so don't try and pretend it's not true."
Aro's fake smile slipped. "Now, Tony. That's not very nice, is it? You should apologize to her."
"Like hell he should," I laughed. "Aro, you've said it yourself: you are guests here at my house. Tony knows how I feel about Jane and how she feels about me. He's just stating the same thing I think."
"Er, right. There's still the matter of you joining us."
"You mean your kind or your little 'family'?"
"Both, my dear."
I pursed my lips pretending to think. "Hm. The first wouldn't be so terrible if I was with the Cullens. Your second offer, however, would be absolute hell. I'm gonna have to go with no to both. Sorry."
Jane smirked widely at me. "Well then I get the great pleasure of sucking you dry."
Jacob and Leah growled, both shaking so much I thought the building would collapse. All three stepped in front of me, shielding me from view. It didn't help, though. I felt the full force of Jane's power at work. My head felt like it was going to burst and my eyes began to water from the pain. I let out an ear-splitting scream and fell to the floor. Never in my life had I felt so much pain.
*Lizzy,* I heard Bella's voice in my head, *it's okay, sis. I'm here. I can feel it too. Just concentrate on me. Let my shield protect you, too.* I took a deep breath and did what she said. Slowly, the pain subdued to a dull pounding and slight roar in my ears. It still hurt but it was bearable. I had no clue how she was able to do that from so far away but I was glad.
"Sure you don't want to rethink that decision?" she sneered.
"Not so fast," a different voice echoed. I looked up from my watery eyes to see a beautiful woman standing between my wall and Aro and Jane. She looked to be in her mid-thirties, had bronze skin, chocolate eyes, and dark hair that flowed to gentle waves down her back. She was tall with a thin hourglass figure and long legs. Her head was held up high and proud and she was staring Aro in the eye with a little smirk.
"Alex, how lovely to see you again." He seemed a little nervous. From the corner of my eye I saw that Tony was staring at the new comer in disbelief.
The woman’s dark brown, almost black, eyes narrowed. "Aro, I believe that we've already had this conversation. Nobody calls me Alex unless they want to die. It's Alejandra."
I gasped. It was the girl from Tony's story. The one that he'd been in love with. But, I thought that she was supposed to be dead. I stared wide-eyed between the Mexican beauty and the stunned vampire holding Leah's hand.
"What brings you here?"
She smiled, the sickly-sweet kind that often graced my own full lips. "You do, actually. You seem to be going against our agreement."
"And what agreement would that be?" Jane sneered.
Alejandra shot her a glare that actually made the annoying little brat recoil. "The one that gives your kind no jurisdiction in Mexico. Si ustedes no vienen ahora, se mataré. If you don't leave now, I will kill you."
"Alejandra, my dear, if you attempt that then you would be going back on your word. As you can see, we are not in Mexico."
"Aro, our deal was that I would leave Tony if you gave up the power you claimed to hold over the humans in México. At the time of my fake death, this was a part of my country. You have no control in any state that used to belong to my people."
"And what happens if we don't leave?" Jane challenged.
"You're boss knows. If you try to exert any authority here, I will send you to the fiery pits of Hell where you will spend the rest of eternity burning in endless fire."
Jane gulped noticeably. She looked to Aro who nodded slightly before disappearing out the door. She didn’t follow. Instead, Jane lunged quickly at me. She was a blur and I waited to feel her wrath. But it never came. Alejandra stood glaring down at Jane. Jane was on the ground clutching her head and it looked like her power had turned on her.
“You should leave now or else the next wave will kill you,” Tony’s old love warned.
Jane stood on shaky legs, panting slightly. She turned to me with her eyes narrowed profoundly. "This isn't over, Elizabeth. I'll get you someday and your stupid wolf, too."
I snorted. "This isn’t Kansas, bitch. And just so you know, I'm going down kicking and screaming. And I'll make sure to take you with me. See you in Hell."
She stormed out of my apartment with a "humph" and I breathed a sigh of relief.
I saw Tony still in shock staring at Alejandra, who was now looking at the floor with her cheeks flushed. "Alejandra, I thought that you were dead. I saw your family kill you."
"No, that was all a lie. They only pretended to do it because I asked them to. I made a deal with your father to protect my people but I didn't want to break your heart. I thought the only way was for you to think I was dead."
"But why?"
"I didn't want to lose you and I wasn’t going to do it. But then I saw something wonderful in your future." She pulled Leah to her by the hand. "I saw this girl. You two were made for each other just as these two were." She indicated to Jacob and me. "Please understand that Leah Clearwater is who you are meant to be with. It's time that you move on and give her everything that her heart desires. Give her you.”
She smiled once before she was gone in a flash of light.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to update! i've had crappy internet for the last couple of weeks. but thanks to my commenters: alyssanparker, Harmless_Lies, PixieChick101, blakkarma22, JustThinking!!! i <3 u!!